Silent Hill 4: The Room

by Silent Hill 4: The Room

Are there any Silent Hill fans out there who were disappointed with number 4?
Do they make Silent Hill 4 The Room for PC's? I loved the two other Silent Hill games that they made for PCs.. so I hope that this one will be ported to the PC also.
Is it as scary as the cover makes it out to be? haha
Start your review of Silent Hill 4: The Room !
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“Silent Hill 4: The Room was a game developed originally by Konami to be a stand alone survival horror game that was not linked to any other of their franchises.” in reviews
Modesto, CA
As a fan of the Silent Hill games, I was a bit disappointed in Silent Hill 4. The graphics were great, but I didn't really like the story line, and it got really frustrating towards the end when you would get attacked every time you were in your apartment. Not having a kind of "safe" zone, for lack of a better term, really sucked. I definitely prefer the other Silent Hill games, especially numbers 2 and 3, to Silent Hill 4.
Aurora, CO
A lot of people I know recommend taking this as a non Silent Hill game, which is how it was originally conceived - I'd have to agree with them. At times the links to other games in the series is brittle at best. I admit this is a thoroughly frightening game at times, and if it had been branded as anything other than a SH game it probably would've been received much better when initially released.
Taylorsville, NC
I have a lot of love for this game--mainly because I remember bonding with my brother over it. We played The Room for days, coming home from school in a flurry, wanting nothing more than to figure out the meticulous puzzles and...well...kill the creatures! Best played at night in the dark, this game is the most fun out of all the Silent Hill games especially with its sound and screen effects.
Lansing, IL
This is NOT a Silent Hill game. This was a generic survival horror game in Japan, and "Silent Hill" was slapped on as a title later. If it were a Silent Hill game, it would get an F in comparison. But if you can ignore that fact, it really isn't a bad generic survival horror game. There are some scenes in this game that still make me shudder, and I love all the different options for the player.
Sacramento, CA
I was pretty surprized to see this title on here considering I finished it back in 2004. What I can remember about the game is that it was pretty darn awesome. Had good gameplay and story line, even though it was a little different from the first 3 Silent Hill installments. I really enjoyed the challenges that game presented in the form of puzzles that were required to solve.
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
I have been a fan of Silent Hill since the first one came out for the original Playstation. Such a creepy & great one-player game. I love the riddles & puzzles, as well as the overall feel. Great story line, and fun to play. I can't play alone, though! The sound effects & characters make the game what it is. If you love scary & thrilling games, this is the right one for you!
Summerville, SC
I loved the first three games, and picked up 4 as soon as it was released. I sat down and tried to play it and found myself quickly bored and confused by the plot and controls. It bears little resemblance to the other games in its setting and story, which was a noble (but failed) attempt to spice up something that didn't need spicing up.
Anaheim , CA
I have loved everything about silent hill since playing the 1st game when I was younger. The Room is by far my fave in the serise. It's creepy, the monster are scary (especially the twins), the story line is not the greatest but everything else about this game makes up for it.
Gardena, CA
Gruesome and I love it !! Try it for yourself. Its definitely a frightnener. There are a lot of very painful deaths and other sickening sights on display here, so do not apply if you are squeamish. For the rest of us, though, it's a great ride.
Williamsville , MO
My brother got this for me on my birthday and I was super excited because I love games like this. But when I played it, I couldn't get over how creepy it was. I mean, if you're into that stuff, go for it, but personally, I couldn't do it.