BY SIGMA BEAUTY #7 in Facial Makeup Brushes

This exclusive flat top synthetic kabuki was designed to deliver a flawless makeup application. The Sigma Makeup F80 is a buffer brush that can be used to blend powder or liquid products. The short and dense bristles make it easy to buff your liquid foundation. The long handle adds comfort to your makeup application. The synthetic fibers are ideal to be used with liquid products and can be easily cleaned. Made of Synthetic Sigmax HD filament.

THE FIRST CLEAN: We recommend cleaning your new Sigma brushes by using a brush cleanser or mild shampoo, prior to your first use. When cleaning your brushes be careful not to fully submerge or wet the brush beyond the metal ferrule, as this may cause damage to the wooden handle.

THE SPOT CLEAN: Daily spot cleaning can be done by using a brush cleanser solution and a soft tissue. Add a small amount of brush cleanser to the tissue and gently wipe the bristles back and forth until they are clean.

THE DEEP CLEAN: Deep cleaning is recommended once a week. Brush cleanser or mild shampoo is ideal for washing, sanitizing and conditioning brushes. To deep clean your brushes, soak the bristles in a brush cleanser and warm water solution until product is removed from the bristles. Gently wipe the brush back and forth, squeezing out any excess water.

• Is it really good quality and is it a good brush?3 Answers
  • Is this better for foundation application than a beauty sponge?2 Answers
  • Is it good for foundation??4 Answers
Jessica B.
 rarely write reviews, but I wanted to write one about this one because it's an awesome deal if you know how to properly care for inexpensive makeup brushes. I am somewhat of a beauty product aficionado and I have a lot of makeup brushes, both high end and inexpensive. These are really great! They are dense and shaped really well. I like the kabuki style brushes for foundation and cream products, which these are amazing for! The synthetic bristles make them very easy to clean as well.
The downside with these brushes is that they aren't super well put-together. That is easily fixable though. You just need a hot glue gun and a pen (or pen-like object). Here's what I do:
1) Wash them thoroughly. They do have that factory chemical smell that comes from all inexpensive brushes ordered from China. Let them dry.
2) Separate the handle from the brush head. Yes, I separated the handle. These are not glued in well, so people who complain of the brushes breaking or the bristles coming out, this is why. Because there is not much glue holding them together, the handles will detach fairly easily.
3) Put hot glue in the back side of the brush head. BE CAREFUL, THE METAL PART WILL GET HOT (I ADVISE USING GLOVES FOR THIS PART). Pour some hot glue in the back of the brush head and GENTLY pat it down with the pen. This will help secure the bristles a little better. Then put some hot glue around the rim of the brush head and quickly insert the handle. This will help secure the handle on more effectively.
I did this with all of my brushes (and I have used this technique on other inexpensive brands as well) and it works well. Yes, it requires a little extra work to make these last long term, however for the price, I think it's worth it. The only other complaint I might have is that these soak up a lot moisture, so when you dry them after washing, try to dry them upside down. Otherwise, a great buy!
Shasha S.
Lily W.
When I first started out with foundation I purchased the Sigma F80 brush it became my favorite brush to apply liquid foundation. I didn't have any problems with streaky foundation. The brush is well made that it lasted me a long time (a few years) It did feel like an expensive buy for the brush especially since I was just starting out. The lifespan of Sigma brushes proved me wrong and only recently I re purchased the F80 along with another of their foundation brush since they were having a sale. The brush hair is dense and soft. I didn't have any problems with hair shedding. And it held its shape after each wash.
Robin M.
Sumner, WA
[product:sigma-f80---flat-kabuki-brush] is a good foundation brush if I want full coverage foundation. The bristles are the most dense on this brush that I have ever seen! I did learn that I cannot use it to blend my foundation but I needed to stipple it into my skin when applying or it would streak but once I learned that little tricky, it worked beautifully. When washing it, make sure to understand that because of the density it will take a while..it took a couple of days before it could use it to again.
Heather A.
central
I love this brush for my liquid foundations ! It always makes my foundation look flawless. The brush itself is super soft and doesn’t irritate my skin at all! Btw , when cleaning your brush, you want to let it dry by letting your brush stand from the actual brush part on the bottom and let it stand up straight. If you do it the opposite way, water can eventually make the brush fall apart. Overall, I recommended this to anyone wanting a brush that doesn’t shed at all! Highly recommend !!👍🏻👍🏻
Amanda M.
Frankln Frnce, OH
I really didn’t see the hype from the brush that others did . I was so excited to get this and try it. I have combination skin but more dry in the winter . The brush is super soft!! But the way it applies foundation just didn’t work for me . It absorbed to much product , and really didn’t stay dense enough for foundation . It would be a good brush for the right product . Maybe for the ones who highlight with a large amount of concealer.
jules W.
NORTH OLMSTED, OH
I absolutely love this brush it gives you a fuller coverage look compared to a beauty blender. Sometimes I'll use a beautyblender first and then finish buffing out the product with this brush always gives me a really seamless finish. The brush bristles are soft but definitely pick up product while I move it around very well. The brush feels really well-made and his held up through multiple cleanings without losing bristles! this is my first Sigma product and I am impressed. Great foundation brush!
Alexa Z.
I really like to use this brush to blend out my foundation, as well as after I apply concealer to blend both the concealer and the foundation seamlessly. I use this brush anytime I accidentally use too light of a concealer so that everything blends together nicely. I do prefer the pink one, however, just because of the appearance and because I have too many other black brushes. Nonetheless, this brush is amazing!
Maria J. C.
Hialeah, FL
Well, 1st off I purchased this makeup brush way back when it was still new and it only cost $16, since then the hype hasn't been as strong as it was back then and the price has gone up very much. I like that this brush has densely packed bristles to help provide a full coverage foundation application and helps blend my foundation fairly quickly without leaving any streaks. My only gripe with this brush is that when you finally deep clean it, it can take about almost 2 days rather than a couple of hours for it to dry. I have other synthetic make brushes from other companies but they do not take as long to dry. I recommend this brush if you like a full coverage foundation application, but I suggest buying a backup or having another brush on hand that provides the same or similar results this brush does while the brush fully dries.
Kaicey W.
I really love Sigma brushes and I’ve seen many people swear by this one for foundation. I like it, don’t get me wrong, I just don’t reach for it often. I tend to use beauty blender type sponges for foundations usually but even when using a brush, this isn’t my first pick. It’s just a little too dense for me. If you’re looking for a super dense, flat top brush though, this is perfect!
Sophie M.
Northern Ireland
Is this brush worth the money?
Chelsea S.
Salmon, ID
I have head so much about this brush and really want to buy it but the price is just getting a little up there for me. I know it not that expensive but I just do not want to waste my money. I currently use a Morphe M444 brush. Anyone know how this brush compares?
olivia c.
Mesa, AZ
How do you clean this brush?
Alyssia S.
Does this brush shed? Finding a lot of problems with other brushes and the hairs shedding lots!
Maria G.
I've seen a lot of people love on this but is it really as great as everyone says?