BY SIGMA BEAUTY #6 in Facial Makeup Brushes

This exclusive flat top synthetic kabuki was designed to deliver a flawless makeup application. The Sigma Makeup F80 is a buffer brush that can be used to blend powder or liquid products. The short and dense bristles make it easy to buff your liquid foundation. The long handle adds comfort to your makeup application. The synthetic fibers are ideal to be used with liquid products and can be easily cleaned. Made of Synthetic Sigmax HD filament.

THE FIRST CLEAN: We recommend cleaning your new Sigma brushes by using a brush cleanser or mild shampoo, prior to your first use. When cleaning your brushes be careful not to fully submerge or wet the brush beyond the metal ferrule, as this may cause damage to the wooden handle.

THE SPOT CLEAN: Daily spot cleaning can be done by using a brush cleanser solution and a soft tissue. Add a small amount of brush cleanser to the tissue and gently wipe the bristles back and forth until they are clean.

THE DEEP CLEAN: Deep cleaning is recommended once a week. Brush cleanser or mild shampoo is ideal for washing, sanitizing and conditioning brushes. To deep clean your brushes, soak the bristles in a brush cleanser and warm water solution until product is removed from the bristles. Gently wipe the brush back and forth, squeezing out any excess water.

• Is it really good quality and is it a good brush?2 Answers
  • Is this better for foundation application than a beauty sponge?2 Answers
  • Is it good for foundation??4 Answers
Susan C.
Susan C.
Glendale, CA
I have a love-hate relationship with this brush, so if you're on the fence about making the investment, please continue reading.

Pros:
Great surface area for fast makeup application.
Densely packed bristles achieve full coverage.
Doesn't leave streaks and is an excellent tool to buff product onto the neck.

Cons:
Sheds. Flat, circular shape makes it difficult to blend beside the nose, temples, between the brows, etc. The ferrule is low quality. My brush somehow has dents in it! I suspect the ferrule quality is related to shedding. Difficult to clean. It absorbs a generous amount of product.

Verdict: Great for fast makeup application. Not the best price point for the quality. I have to use other brushes to blend hard to reach areas. I ultimately prefer a sponge for flawless makeup application. This brush works best for buffing. I wouldn't recommend solely depending on this for application.
Marisol O.
Marisol O.
So, I have two of these brushes. One of them I bought on my own, and the second one was purchased by my sweet husband, who was being very sweet to venture into makeup brush purchasing for my birthday present! I honestly love this brush, but it is not an every day tool I grab. I feel like most times I go for my beauty blender, but some of my foundations just don't work well with it (or some foundations soak up into my blender, wasting product). For those foundations, I use either this brush or my Morphe 439. That being said --- this one is smaller than my Morphe, and it is easier to apply to my face. If you are building your collection of Sigmas, get this one for sure!
Allison L.
Allison L.
Palm Bch Gdns, FL
Last year, I bought the Sigma F80 brush after watching most of my favorite YouTube and Instagram makeup artists rave about it. I couldn't wait to have the "holy grail" of all foundation brushes in my hands!
I ordered a few other brushes as well. Sad story, I HATE this brush. It leaves streaks, soaks up the foundation and doesn't deposit as much on your face causing you to have to use more than you normally would. I have to smooth it out with a beauty blender so why do two steps? I eliminated the Sigma F80 and now my foundation is perfect! I love my other Sigma brushes but that one just sits alone like a toy that's been shelved. (OMG, I'm such a nerd)
Monique M.
Monique M.
Such a loyal brush, delivers what promises! My make up look flawless, natural, perfect! It blends beautifully, it doesn't leave lines on my face, it is so much easier to apply foundation since it has dense but soft bristles. It doesn't leave my sensitive skin red at all. It covers effortlessly and it doesn't soak up all of the product. A little of the product goes a long way. I have it for an year already and I haven't experienced shedding so it worths the money. It is easy to clean and it dries fast. That's a must have high quality product! ;)
Tiffany N.
Tiffany N.
Braselton, GA
Foundation has always been my biggest PITA, and I think most of the reason is because my application has never been great. After hearing everyone under the sun rave about this brush, and one of my favorite YouTubers using it pretty consistently (thataylaa) I needed it.

I can't believe how LITTLE product I had to use to cover my face. The product doesn't absorb into the brush and a little goes such a long way. I stipple it on first and blend out as needed. Sigma is officially on my radar.
Sameen L.
Sameen L.
this has got to be one of my favorite brushes ever! i would use this especially for an evening event, like a wedding or party, or whenever i would want a full, even, flawless coverage. i have stopped using it recently to try other methods, but this brush was the number 1 recommendation i would give to my clients and friends! the biggest issue is it is expensive now, i had bought this years ago when it was only 18. i think its around 24, which is a bummer. but still a great tool!
Ash S.
Ash S.
dunmore, PA
If I could only use one brush to buff in foundation for the rest of my life, without a doubt I would choose this brush. They wash well, they blend well, they don't shed, and they last. I have 2 of them and both have lasted years. Although they have gone up in price over the last few years I still believe this brush is worth the money. I've tried less expensive brushes that just didn't hold up the way this does. You get what you pay for! Highly recommend this brush!!
Katie M.
Katie M.
Bowie, TX
This was my first high end makeup brush. I saw it on a YouTube video and decided to pay the money, and hope it was worth the money. Let me just say it was sooooo worth the money! I bought it around 3 1/2 years ago and it is still in amazing condition! Even after using it daily for almost 4 years. The bristles are so soft and blend your foundation flawlessly. If you are considering purchasing a new foundation brush I would highly recommend getting this one! 👍🏻
Sonoko R.
Sonoko R.
I was deciding between this and Tarte Foundation brush. I decided on this brush after reading a review which said F80 has medium density and can be used with variety of foundation products. For my natural to medium coverage foundations, it is working out good so far. It is pretty easy to clean also. I like that I am able to use less product with this brush compared to beauty blender or fingers. This definitely helped me achieve more airbrushed look.
Ashley B.
Ashley B.
Ringgold, GA
One of my all time favorite foundation brushes. This brush is a little more pricey compared to some of the other brands but it seriously works so well. I have dry, sensitive skin and with firm circular motions or even stippling, this brush does not cause micro-exfoliation (those gross flakey bits) that can easily happen with dry skin. It gives you the most flawless coverage! I also use this to blend out my self tanner and it works beautifully.
Sophie M.
Sophie M.
Northern Ireland
Is this brush worth the money?
Chelsea S.
Chelsea S.
Salmon, ID
I have head so much about this brush and really want to buy it but the price is just getting a little up there for me. I know it not that expensive but I just do not want to waste my money. I currently use a Morphe M444 brush. Anyone know how this brush compares?
olivia c.
olivia c.
Mesa, AZ
How do you clean this brush?
Mel S.
Mel S.
Amherst, MA
Anyone else's shed? mine did the first time I used it.
Maria G.
Maria G.
Newport, PA
I've seen a lot of people love on this but is it really as great as everyone says?