BY SIGMA BEAUTY #6 in Facial Makeup Brushes

This exclusive flat top synthetic kabuki was designed to deliver a flawless makeup application. The Sigma Makeup F80 is a buffer brush that can be used to blend powder or liquid products. The short and dense bristles make it easy to buff your liquid foundation. The long handle adds comfort to your makeup application. The synthetic fibers are ideal to be used with liquid products and can be easily cleaned. Made of Synthetic Sigmax HD filament.

THE FIRST CLEAN: We recommend cleaning your new Sigma brushes by using a brush cleanser or mild shampoo, prior to your first use. When cleaning your brushes be careful not to fully submerge or wet the brush beyond the metal ferrule, as this may cause damage to the wooden handle.

THE SPOT CLEAN: Daily spot cleaning can be done by using a brush cleanser solution and a soft tissue. Add a small amount of brush cleanser to the tissue and gently wipe the bristles back and forth until they are clean.

THE DEEP CLEAN: Deep cleaning is recommended once a week. Brush cleanser or mild shampoo is ideal for washing, sanitizing and conditioning brushes. To deep clean your brushes, soak the bristles in a brush cleanser and warm water solution until product is removed from the bristles. Gently wipe the brush back and forth, squeezing out any excess water.

• Does it shed? Is it worth the money?3 Answers
  • Apply the foundation is better with sigma F80 brush or wi...2 Answers
  • Is it really good quality and is it a good brush?3 Answers
Sigma F80 - Flat Kabuki Brush
  • "I used to apply my liquid foundation with ELF Flat top kabuki which helps to even out the foundation. I upgraded to this and have not looked back. Applying my foundations is faster when I use this. It evens out the product without leaving brush streaks on my face. The bristles are very soft and feels great on the skin when I'm applying my makeup. " in 123 reviews
Jessica B.
Homer Glen, IL
 rarely write reviews, but I wanted to write one about this one because it's an awesome deal if you know how to properly care for inexpensive makeup brushes. I am somewhat of a beauty product aficionado and I have a lot of makeup brushes, both high end and inexpensive. These are really great! They are dense and shaped really well. I like the kabuki style brushes for foundation and cream products, which these are amazing for! The synthetic bristles make them very easy to clean as well.
The downside with these brushes is that they aren't super well put-together. That is easily fixable though. You just need a hot glue gun and a pen (or pen-like object). Here's what I do:
1) Wash them thoroughly. They do have that factory chemical smell that comes from all inexpensive brushes ordered from China. Let them dry.
2) Separate the handle from the brush head. Yes, I separated the handle. These are not glued in well, so people who complain of the brushes breaking or the bristles coming out, this is why. Because there is not much glue holding them together, the handles will detach fairly easily.
3) Put hot glue in the back side of the brush head. BE CAREFUL, THE METAL PART WILL GET HOT (I ADVISE USING GLOVES FOR THIS PART). Pour some hot glue in the back of the brush head and GENTLY pat it down with the pen. This will help secure the bristles a little better. Then put some hot glue around the rim of the brush head and quickly insert the handle. This will help secure the handle on more effectively.
I did this with all of my brushes (and I have used this technique on other inexpensive brands as well) and it works well. Yes, it requires a little extra work to make these last long term, however for the price, I think it's worth it. The only other complaint I might have is that these soak up a lot moisture, so when you dry them after washing, try to dry them upside down. Otherwise, a great buy!
Shawne D.
Winter Garden, FL
This is my Holy Grail foundation brush! I own two of them. Sigma brushes are my favorite! I hesitated buying this for a long time because of the price. Sigma has sales frequently on their website, and while I think this is brush is actually worth it’s full price, if you can get a better deal, go for it! When I first started out seriously using makeup I didn’t know what brushes were good or not, and I heard a lot of folks on YouTube talking about Sigma. I can tell you from experience the quality is there. The longevity is there. These brushes are worth the investment and will change your makeup game! They clean up beautifully and don’t shed. Most importantly, they apply your makeup better than anything else in a comparable price range, in my opinion. Morphe might be cheaper, but you get what you pay for.
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
When I first started wearing liquid foundation, I picked up this brush after hearing nothing but rave reviews about it. I was SUPER impressed.

I'm the kind of girl who likes an airbrushed finish, and this bad boy got the job done. After buffing foundation into the skin with small, circular motions, foundation looks wonderfully dispersed across the skin - no streaks or weird patches at all. The brush itself was constructed well and very easy to wash, I never noticed any shedding.

I use a beauty sponge now, but after writing this review and remembering how awesome this kabuki brush was, I think I'm going to purchase another one. If you prefer brushes to sponges and you're looking for a tool to give you that perfectly airbrushed finish, this is the brush for you.
Christin Z.
Watertown, Sd
I absolutely love this brush! I go between this and 2 other brushes while I’m cleaning them! So I use this basically every morning. It picks up product and buffs it through my skin nice and evenly. It is very dense and very soft. I believe it has amazing quality! The only downside is that it’s very hard to clean. I’ve tried by hand and with a machine of course using soap with both, and the foundation gets trapped so deep in the bristles I work up a sweat trying to get it out. I clean my brushes regularly. But with that being the only downside this brush is definitely worth the money!
Berkeley W.
Salt Lake City
I loved this brush. I would have have loved to keep loving it, but a few months after I got it, the metal started coming coming loose from the wooden handle. Not too long after that, hairs from the brush started falling out, sometimes just one at a time and sometimes in small chunks. I am gentle with my brushes and cleaned this one with the sigma brush cleaner. I used this brush until these problems became too much to deal with. I would have bought this brush again because it applied liquid foundation flawlessly, but I was worried I would buy another expensive brush just to have it fall apart again. What a shame.
Raquel M.
Hailey, ID
Sigma F80 - Flat Kabuki Brush This Sigma Kabuki brush was my first Sigma brush I’ve ever owned. I am so happy i bought this. It applies foundation so nicely. I’ve had mine for a few years now and it’s still going strong. No shedding and the handle is made really well it hasn’t detached. It’s soft and dense enough to give you that full coverage look.
Savanna H.
Indianapolis
I have never been a fan of applying foundation with a brush, until I tried this. I purchased this brush in a set on Sigma’s website, and it sat unused for months. After a friend suggested I try applying my foundation with it, I finally tried it out and ohhh emmm geee am I glad I did!!! This brush is incredibly soft, the density is perfect and it gives your foundation an airbrushed finish. I’m a self proclaimed beauty sponge addict 😂 and I haven’t even used a sponge to apply foundation in months!!!
Heather A.
easley
I love this brush for my liquid foundations ! It always makes my foundation look flawless. The brush itself is super soft and doesn’t irritate my skin at all! Btw , when cleaning your brush, you want to let it dry by letting your brush stand from the actual brush part on the bottom and let it stand up straight. If you do it the opposite way, water can eventually make the brush fall apart. Overall, I recommended this to anyone wanting a brush that doesn’t shed at all! Highly recommend !!👍🏻👍🏻
Jessica D.
The Woodlands
I purchased this brush based on all the hype of the time. However no matter which foundations I would use, I did not like the way it looked. I have been use to the beauty blender and how flawless it made my makeup and I felt like you could see every line from the brush. I ended up giving it to my sister. She hasn’t told me if she likes it or not.
Lillian E.
Pittsburgh, PA
The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is because of the finish when using certain foundation. If you are going to use something very liquid, this is not the right tool to use because it will just smear the product around. Otherwise, creamier foundations are great and get distributed evenly. I had two of these and one of the brushes had bristles falling out but when I contacted customer service they sent me a brand new one (proof of purchase is necessary). Great company!
Sophie M.
Northern Ireland
Is this brush worth the money?
Chelsea S.
Salmon, ID
I have head so much about this brush and really want to buy it but the price is just getting a little up there for me. I know it not that expensive but I just do not want to waste my money. I currently use a Morphe M444 brush. Anyone know how this brush compares?
olivia c.
Mesa, AZ
How do you clean this brush?
Alyssia S.
Does this brush shed? Finding a lot of problems with other brushes and the hairs shedding lots!
Mel S.
Lynn, MA
Anyone else's shed? mine did the first time I used it.