BY SIERRA NEVADA #46 in Beer

The beginning. A classic. Our most popular beer.

Pale Ale began as a home brewer’s dream, grew into an icon, and inspired countless brewers to follow a passion of their own. Its unique piney and grapefruit aromas from the use of whole-cone American hops have fascinated beer drinkers for decades and made this beer a classic, yet it remains new, complex and surprising to thousands of beer drinkers every day. It is—as it always has been—all natural, bottle conditioned and refreshingly bold.

• Where can I buy this beer at1 Answers
  • Is this beer an IPA. That's what I tend to drink, but I d...1 Answers
  • Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?1 Answers
  • "A great beer made with excellent hops." in 1 review
Boris V.
Hauppauge, NY
One of the best pale ale's I have ever tried. I like many of the beers made by Sierra Neveda. They are easily one of the best breweries out there.
Gracie G.
Washington, DC
One of my favorite beers because it is refreshing but has a boldness of an IPA. Definitely a bit heavier but when cold has a great crispness to it!
Madison L.
Murray, KY
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
This is such a smooth IPA. I love it with some savory snacks! It isn't too bitter at all, especially for someone just getting started trying IPAs.
Michelle M.
Hialeah, FL
This is the first craft beer I ever had and one I still enjoy going back to. It's also always wary to find in my local stores. It is a good value.
Brande D.
San Bernardino, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
This is awful tasting. It is extremely bitter and skunky at the end. After a couple sips it got dumped down the drain. Too harsh for my taste buds.
Stevie L.
Albuquerque
If you want a good buzz very quick with a nice taste this is the beer to go to! Smooth yet potent ale beer! Everyone should try this at least once!
Joanna S.
San Diego, CA
Sierra Nevada is my go to beer when I can't decide what to drink or if the beer list at the restaurant is terrible. It's consistent and delicious.
Rachel S.
Portland
A good beer on a hot day. This really hits the spot, tastes pretty good too. One of the first pale ales I had and it turned me on to them for good.
Jennifer G.
Pretty good intro into IPAs. Not as bitter as some other brands and easy to find at stores. I also like the look of the bottle, very eye-catching.
Blythe W.
Joplin, MO
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is one I recommend for people who are starting out in the scene. It's very hoppy and has a strong flavor. Not a huge ipa fan
Jacquline B.
Austin, TX
Cristy T.
Potts camp, MS
Virginia B.
Amelia, OH
How is the foam in this i find some ales foamyness is bad
Trae A.
Richmond, KY
How expensive is this beer? It seems like it would be pricey
Ashley W.
San Dimas, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?

back