BY SIERRA NEVADA

The beginning. A classic. Our most popular beer.

Pale Ale began as a home brewer’s dream, grew into an icon, and inspired countless brewers to follow a passion of their own. Its unique piney and grapefruit aromas from the use of whole-cone American hops have fascinated beer drinkers for decades and made this beer a classic, yet it remains new, complex and surprising to thousands of beer drinkers every day. It is—as it always has been—all natural, bottle conditioned and refreshingly bold.

• Where can I buy this beer at1 Answers
  • Is this beer an IPA. That's what I tend to drink, but I d...1 Answers
  • Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?1 Answers
  • "A great beer made with excellent hops." in 1 review
Raeanne M.
Albuquerque, NM
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
This beer is pretty much my lake and camping trip beer in the summer. The flavor is amazing and it is affordable. We drink this Pale Ale all of the time. Sometime I will order this drink if we go out but mostly I like to buy it and take it home and on out trips.
Dani F.
Chicago
I am not loyal to any brand of craft beer and I’m always ready to try new things. That being said I do like this beer because it can compete with the ever changing beer list at the local pub. It’s nicely hopped but not too much for the general crowd. I don’t mind it!
Pooja S.
Hanover Park, IL
I love IPAs! Honestly when I love Sierra Nevada especially when I don’t have too much money but want a beer. It is so affordable whether you’re buying it at the grocery store or the local liquor store. I would definitely recommend it to others and buy it again!
Jess G.
Reston, VA
Love this beer! One of my absolute favorites! Great taste and fairly good price for such a high quality beer. Much better than your classic Miller lites or Busch’s, the IPA gives it a great taste and I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a great beer!
Kaitlyn R.
Durham, NC
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Great, light beer for the summer! Crisp and refreshing. Slight pine not as well as a citrus note. Highly recommend for those who like milder beers. Also really affordable!
Mary T.
Bronx, NY
Smooth beer with great fruit accents that will make for any season beer ! I recently purchased it at a nearby Target & although it is a little more pricey that the usual coronas, heinekens, etc i do highly recommend spending a few extra bucks on this gem
Marissa L.
The Pale Ale is Sierra Nevada's classic, and for good reason. This beer is full-bodied, with a bit of a spicy kick, while still being clean and drinkable. This is a great go-to beer for anyone looking to upgrade from a world of cheap, light beers.
Joyce T.
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
This beer didn’t quite have a tasty flavor as compared to others. I’m more used to German beers where the focus is about actual flavors rather than having the bitter taste. I do not recommend this beer if you want something light and easy to drink.
Jessica M.
Penn Valley , CA
This is my dad's favorite beer and he has tried many. This is like the ole' faithful whenni go to the store and don't know what else to pick. Tastes good and isn't too expensive as far as "good" beers go (though that may have something to do with my living in the sierra nevada region)
Julia N.
Augusta
Honestly I am not a fan of the flavor, it’s a very intense and although you can enjoy one over the course of the evening I don’t like feeling like I’m trying to get through my beer, I’d rather open a second because I loved the first so much! Haha
Jacquline B.
Austin, TX
Cristy T.
Potts camp, MS
Virginia B.
Amelia, OH
How is the foam in this i find some ales foamyness is bad
Trae A.
Richmond, KY
How expensive is this beer? It seems like it would be pricey
Ashley W.
San Dimas, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?

Walmart