BY SIERRA NEVADA #47 in Beer

The beginning. A classic. Our most popular beer.

Pale Ale began as a home brewer’s dream, grew into an icon, and inspired countless brewers to follow a passion of their own. Its unique piney and grapefruit aromas from the use of whole-cone American hops have fascinated beer drinkers for decades and made this beer a classic, yet it remains new, complex and surprising to thousands of beer drinkers every day. It is—as it always has been—all natural, bottle conditioned and refreshingly bold.

• Where can I buy this beer at1 Answers
  • Is this beer an IPA. That's what I tend to drink, but I d...1 Answers
  • Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?1 Answers
  • "A great beer made with excellent hops." in 1 review
Jessica H.
My favorite pale ale by far! This is definitely in my cooler when we stay at the beach house for our San Diego family trips. Goes great with everything, very reasonably priced when I've bought it in store all though I do prefer it on tap .
Jennifer M.
Van Wert, OH
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
Sierra Nevada is an economical choice with a craft beer taste. The Pale Ale is light and refreshing, with just enough hoppy kick. Pale ales are my favorite and this one is definitely in my top ten.
Lindsay H.
Grand Junction, CO
This is not a new beer to me, I've been enjoying this one for years. Pale ales were an acquired taste for me, but now I really love the taste. This one has the obvious hoppiness, but it isn't overpowering and is very pleasant.
Sarah R.
Las Vegas, NV
My husband and I love this beer! It is a mainstay in our refrigerator! We love a good IPA and Sierra Nevada delivers. Not too badly priced and always available at our local grocery store.
Maritza H.
Camarillo, CA
It was my first ever Sierra Nevada beer that I have ever tried and I will admit that the first couple of times I did not like it. However after a couple of times the taste grew on me and it is now one of my favorite beers.
Ashley W.
This is our go to beer when we have company over. This is what I think of when I compare other beers to a great ipa. Delicious and smooth. Our favorite beer hands down.
Yasi E.
One of my husbands go to beers! For me, the taste is a bit bitter but has a light spice after the first sip with a light sweetness from the malts. Overall, great drink with some tailgate snacks
Great to enjoy during weekends with friends or family. and the taste is smooth. I live in chico and we have sierra Nevada brewing and they have different flavors but ale is my favorite its a classic. I recommend to try this.
Sarah C.
Chandler, AZ
Very good IPA! They sell this beer pretty much every grocery store and retailers! It's not to bitter like some IPAs so I enjoy this on a hot summer day! It's not expensive at all
Allison S.
Baltimore, MD
Sierra Nevada is on the better side of beer. Every few weeks I'll go for one just to mix up my routine. It does have full flavor and is a little on the hoppier side which is nice considering how it's available in most stores.
Jacquline B.
Austin, TX
Cristy T.
Potts camp, MS
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Virginia B.
Amelia, OH
How is the foam in this i find some ales foamyness is bad
Trae A.
Richmond, KY
How expensive is this beer? It seems like it would be pricey
Ashley W.
San Dimas, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?

back