BY SIERRA NEVADA #45 in Beer

In 1980, we created a beer highlighting the bold flavors and piney-citrus aromas of whole-cone Cascade hops. The quality, craftsmanship, and flavors were so unique that they helped change the face of American brewing. Today, our all-natural, bottle-conditioned Pale Ale is recognized worldwide as a classic.

• Where can I buy this beer at1 Answers
  • Is this beer an IPA. That's what I tend to drink, but I d...1 Answers
  • Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?1 Answers
Buy on Walmart
  • "A great beer made with excellent hops." in 1 review
Ali H.
Denver, CO
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
This is a great pale ale -- one that we buy when we camp and don't know what else to get, because we know we can rely on it to be a quality beer. My husband loves IPAs and I like lighter beers, so this is a good middle ground for us when we're buying a six-pack.
Eileen G.
I like Sierra Nevada Pale ale. It took me a while to have a taste for hoppier beers, but once I acquired the taste, I've really enjoyed IPAs. I would recommend everyone to try this one at least once if they like a hoppy beer.
Rebecca B.
Edison, NJ
This is a great beer. It's not too hoppy and dark (I prefer that) but still has a robust flavor. I don't really find there to be anything to approve on. Packaging is nice with tinted bottles to protect the integrity of the beer.
Karen J.
Morrisville, NC
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
I am Not an IPA person but I do not like anything I've tried by Sierra Nevada. The after taste is too crisp and over powering. I prefer a beer that is lighter and doesn't leave a harsh aftertaste. I also find it over priced for what it is
Missy L.
Santa Ana, CA
If you like pale ales and hoppier beers, this one is a good one to go by. It's easy to find in most grocery stores and bars. The only reason for the lower stars is that I'm not really a huge fan of hoppier beers in general.
Caitlin H.
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Easy to find, most of the time on sale, and a great, reliable, hoppy IPA. I love these as a crowd pleasing summertime beer. Packaging are shorter fatter bottles, and I would recommend to my friends looking to branch out.
Megan B.
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Love this beer! it is the perfect combo for a refreshing and flavorful beer without feeling too heavy. Priced OK, and the packaging is always bright and cheerful. We always seem to have these on hand when we are out camping or hiking. Overall a good choice.
Sara C.
Bensalem, PA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Yummy crisp taste. Good for all seasons, because it's not too expensive, goes with any meal or snack and is a great value! I love pale ales! They make drinking beers less bloats feeling after and sweet :)
Jen P.
Akron, NY
The best IPA in my opinion. Not to heavy as some IPA's can be. Great value and great options in variety. Love the packaging and always a treat for special occasions. No need to recommend as the taste speaks for itself!
Shadai S.
Clifton Park, NY
As far as pale ales go this one is a pretty good contender. I typically like less hoppy beers such as pilsners but occasionally enjoy a Sierra Nevada when out to eat. It is light and refreshing and pairs well with many foods.
Jacquline B.
Austin, TX
Cristy T.
Potts camp, MS
Virginia B.
Amelia, OH
How is the foam in this i find some ales foamyness is bad
Trae A.
Richmond, KY
How expensive is this beer? It seems like it would be pricey
Ashley W.
San Dimas, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?