BY SIERRA NEVADA #47 in Beer

The beginning. A classic. Our most popular beer.

Pale Ale began as a home brewer’s dream, grew into an icon, and inspired countless brewers to follow a passion of their own. Its unique piney and grapefruit aromas from the use of whole-cone American hops have fascinated beer drinkers for decades and made this beer a classic, yet it remains new, complex and surprising to thousands of beer drinkers every day. It is—as it always has been—all natural, bottle conditioned and refreshingly bold.

• Where can I buy this beer at1 Answers
  • Is this beer an IPA. That's what I tend to drink, but I d...1 Answers
  • Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?1 Answers
  • "A great beer made with excellent hops." in 1 review
Jamie B.
lake ariel, pa
Over all, a very tasty beer. I don't usually go for IPA's but I do like this one. The branding for this is on point. The price is average and it easy to find in the area I live in.
Vanessa Q.
Lemon Grove, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
I actually really like this beer a lot. It's one of the beers I have in my fridge for those kinda bad days and I'll pop one open and have with my dinner or while I'm watching TV. It's also great at parties and the flavor is quite nice. I would let consider this in the cheap cheap beers categories that you'll usually see but this is a nice one!
Callie W.
Reno, NV
I had an extra boyfriend and this is all he would drink. At first as a non beer drinker, I didn't like it, but the taste grew on me and I introduced it to my husband and now to this day if I ever drink a beer this is it.
Dianna J.
norton
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Sierra Nevada makes good beer regardless of which one. This one has a hint of hops, not too much. But is a great beer for people who are starting to like hops but do not want to be overpowered by the hops.
Melissa B.
Quincy, MA
This is a true classic craft beer. Wherever I am, I can always find it and I know it’s going to be fresh and taste good. It’s always consistent and affordable. Definitely a go to beer. It’s not too heavy.
Casey H.
Topeka
Not a favorite due to the hops but it’s a great beer! The price is steep but still comparable to other imports. It leaves you with a very earthy after taste that I don’t love- I will continue to recommend
Bri C.
This was one of the first IPAs I had tried. While not am authentic IPA it still has that very hoppy taste. If I had not had better beers in this category I would give full stars
Red N.
Gotta love a Sierra Nevada - if you need to bring something to a party, bring this. You won't seem like a noob or like a beer snob. You would've just graced the party with a really tasty beer that goes with just about anything you're eating. A pale ale is a nice to drink style and Sierra Nevada does it quite right.
Sarah S.
Tallahassee, FL
I personally was not a fan. While complex flavors existed they were too strong for my taste. I so however prefer lighter beers so this one was just too heavy for my liking.
Eva C.
Long Beach, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
It tastes like a standard, good beer. It's not my favorite, but it's flavorful and easy to drink. It's reasonably priced and I'm sure I'll drink more of it in the future.
Jacquline B.
Austin, TX
Cristy T.
Potts camp, MS
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Virginia B.
Amelia, OH
How is the foam in this i find some ales foamyness is bad
Trae A.
Richmond, KY
How expensive is this beer? It seems like it would be pricey
Ashley W.
San Dimas, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?

back