BY SIERRA NEVADA

The beginning. A classic. Our most popular beer.

Pale Ale began as a home brewer’s dream, grew into an icon, and inspired countless brewers to follow a passion of their own. Its unique piney and grapefruit aromas from the use of whole-cone American hops have fascinated beer drinkers for decades and made this beer a classic, yet it remains new, complex and surprising to thousands of beer drinkers every day. It is—as it always has been—all natural, bottle conditioned and refreshingly bold.

• Where can I buy this beer at1 Answers
  • Is this beer an IPA. That's what I tend to drink, but I d...1 Answers
  • Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?1 Answers
  • "A great beer made with excellent hops." in 1 review
Stephanie R.
Chico, CA
Pale Ale is what summer in Chico tastes like. This is a great go-to and a simple introduction into the world and art of craft beers and breweries. Sierra Nevada creates incredible drinks, this one being an OG, loved by all, revolutionary beer.
Jeanette V.
Salinas, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
I first tried this beer at a wine/beer/spirit festival in Monterey, CA. They had a great selection of beers and this was one of my favorites! It was full of flavor! Refreshing and fulfilling. I would definitely recommend you give it a try. It’s a tad bit over my price range to have on an every day basis, but great for special occasions!
Lauren M.
Midlothian, VA
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
This is a solid, great beer for cookouts as it pairs really nicely with beef i.e. hot dogs, hamburgers, steak, etc. It's a great "lounger beer" as it's pretty strong in flavor, not for chugging or playing beer pong with! Respect the Sierra and sip!
Steffi M.
Elk Grove, CA
This one of the top beers that I pick when at a bar or buying for a party. The beer has it bitterness unlike angry orchards which is more on the cider side. The packaging is nice and recognizable. I would definitely recommend it if you like more beer that are on a bitter side to it
Michelle R.
This is our go to beer we always keep in the fridge. The quality is consistant and the price is great at our local beer store. We have had many guest who have never tried Sierra Nevada and we turned them into fans! It is a pale ale and not an IPA so it is not too hoppy for those who are not IPA fans. The torpedo by Sierra Nevada is great as well if you are looking for more of an IPA taste.
Amanda M.
Burlington , KY
I do not like the flavor of this beer at all. If you like a pale ale, this is perfect, but I prefer a nice lager. The flavor of this is very strong. But I do really like the way the bottle looks. Very colorful. I would not buy again in the future. I would stick to Stella or Corona.
Stephen H.
Martins Ferry, OH
Simply the best pale ale that is readily available almost anywhere. Not overly complex, but it's the greatest alternative to ordering weak domestic beer like Budweiser when you have very limited options. In terms of every day consumption, it generally goes with almost anything. However, if you're into Sierra Nevada, you really should be treating yourself to a wider world of micro-brews.
Rachel R.
Tecumseh, OK
Forever one of my favorite pale ales. Incredibly hoppy, but still easy to drink, and so refreshing on a hot summer day. I much prefer the Pale Ale to their other offerings, like Torpedo, as it still feels balanced and doesn't overwhelm you. On my list of all-time favorites. ❤️
Addison L.
Denton, TX
The beer I order in a bar or a restaurant if they don't have any craft beer available. Tasty, reliable, refreshing, and hoppy enough to soothe this IPA lovers taste buds. Not anything I keep at home, but when I'm out and theres nothing better, this is what I prefer to drinnk.
Makiyah P.
New Carrolltn, MD
This is a good beer when you want to have something new. If you are tired of drinking your regulars, this is a good one to switch up to. The price for this is always fair in my opinion. That is considering the taste and type. I am a fan of pale ales and this one is a good one.
Jacquline B.
Austin, TX
Cristy T.
Potts camp, MS
Virginia B.
Amelia, OH
How is the foam in this i find some ales foamyness is bad
Trae A.
Richmond, KY
How expensive is this beer? It seems like it would be pricey
Ashley W.
San Dimas, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?

Walmart