BY SIERRA NEVADA #47 in Beer

The beginning. A classic. Our most popular beer.

Pale Ale began as a home brewer’s dream, grew into an icon, and inspired countless brewers to follow a passion of their own. Its unique piney and grapefruit aromas from the use of whole-cone American hops have fascinated beer drinkers for decades and made this beer a classic, yet it remains new, complex and surprising to thousands of beer drinkers every day. It is—as it always has been—all natural, bottle conditioned and refreshingly bold.

• Where can I buy this beer at1 Answers
  • Is this beer an IPA. That's what I tend to drink, but I d...1 Answers
  • Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?1 Answers
  • "A great beer made with excellent hops." in 1 review
Michelle C.
sacramento
Sierra Nevada is an amazing company. They work with chico state to provide their restaurant with local produce and support small local businesses. They are working towards sustainability as well. On top of everything, Their beer is amazing.
whitneyl L.
Sn Luis Obisp, CA
This is such a great easy drinking beer for a great price! Almost everyone likes this beer whenever I bring it over for. Barbecue or potluck. Great with Mexican food or burgers!
laxmipriya k.
Oak Park, CA
I've had quite a few of these beers and I couldn't agree more. However, I highly recommend if you're EVER in Bend, Oregon (The Napa Valley of Beer as far as I'm concerned) you simply must try Boneyard Beer's Hop Venom. It's their DIPA, and while their RPM is their standard IPA and is really, REALLY good, and is in fact, their #1 seller...Hop Venom is the best thing I've ever drank. Close seconds are Dogfishhead's 90 Minute, Barley Brown's Pallet Jack & Bell's Hopslam.
But I repeat...Boneyard's Hop Venom cannot be beat! And they don't bottle or can, so unless you know someone that can bring you a growler, or a local growler station picks it up...ya gotta come to Bend. It's worth the trip! I swear!
Ashley A.
Vista, CA
The king of Pale Ale's, Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale is a perfect blend of hops, that those who are just venturing into the world of Pale Ale's will enjoy. Great for year round!
Kathleen V.
Albuquerque, NM
I wasnt too enthusiastic with finishing this one after I tasted it. I like light refreshing ales without too much bitter taste. This just did not agree with my tongue at all.
Hayley R.
San Francisco, CA
One of the most classics in my area. Everyone loves this beer. Refreshing and hoppy but not too weighty. Great for drinking and for tasting. Crowd pleaser at parties.
Brittany D.
Santa Rsa Bch, FL
One of my favorite Pale Ales and underrated in my opinion. A go to that is easy to drink and can find in most places I go. One day I would love to visit the brewery.
Lindsay N.
Winter Spgs, FL
Not the biggest fan but a good beer when other generic domestic options aren't available. Had good flavor and no bad after taste, but I'm not sure the price matched the quality.
Christopher T.
Sanford, NC
What can I say, this pale ale is one of the finest I have ever had. The bitter is not too overpowering and the sweet notes are just right. It's a perfect combination of sweet and bitter. The light fizz and bubbles are an added bonus that makes the whole experience a delight.
Jessica B.
Riviera Beach, FL
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
It's a smooth beer really good but since I like IPA more I feel like I'm just used to the other beers and I feel like this beer isn't as strong as the ones in drink
Jacquline B.
Austin, TX
Cristy T.
Potts camp, MS
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Virginia B.
Amelia, OH
How is the foam in this i find some ales foamyness is bad
Trae A.
Richmond, KY
How expensive is this beer? It seems like it would be pricey
Ashley W.
San Dimas, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?

back