BY SIERRA NEVADA #47 in Beer

The beginning. A classic. Our most popular beer.

Pale Ale began as a home brewer’s dream, grew into an icon, and inspired countless brewers to follow a passion of their own. Its unique piney and grapefruit aromas from the use of whole-cone American hops have fascinated beer drinkers for decades and made this beer a classic, yet it remains new, complex and surprising to thousands of beer drinkers every day. It is—as it always has been—all natural, bottle conditioned and refreshingly bold.

• Where can I buy this beer at1 Answers
  • Is this beer an IPA. That's what I tend to drink, but I d...1 Answers
  • Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?1 Answers
  • "A great beer made with excellent hops." in 1 review
Andra D.
New Prt Rchy, FL
I see this beer often in various beer stores, so i figured it has to be ok,no way it can be bad for that price right?i just bought a sixer just in case it backfired...and I'm glad i did. appearance looked good to me,smelled of casual ale ,now being that is was out of a green bottle i figured it might taste a little tarty,skunky,little did i know my first gulp i was shocked i thought it may have gone bad or a bad batch dude this stuff tasted rotton, didn't get better as drinking went on neither every gulp was a bad experiance,i was confused why it is so highly reviewed i was sure it was a bad batch,so some time later I'm at this bar and had it on tap i figured id give it a second chance ,bad move even worse second time cause i paid 4 bucks for one anyway long story short drinkability a zero
jazmin f.
San Jose, CA
Crisp and bitter,maybe good sometimes not.Dark amber color ,smell citrus maybe even floral.it can be refreshing simple drink,yet delicious.First time I drank I woul buy again. Carbonation could be a bit stronger but just enough to enjoy.
Kayleigh F.
Athens, GA
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
i'm not a beer drinker. i don't like how dry it is, and it's very heavy. this one is alright because it's light, and after a few drinks it goes down easy! the taste overall is too bitter for me but that's just a personal opinion.
Nikco M.
Garden Grove, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Very good beer. Tried it at a beer garden after a race. The flavor is light and no after taste. The packaging is simple. Not available at a lot of stores near me. But I would purchase it if it was.
Brianne M.
Madison, MS
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
One of the first pale ales I ever feel in love with. It’s a great beer for ballgames or barbecuing. It’s got a nice taste with a heavy finish. I recommend you grab a six pack for your next barbecue and be the hit of the party.
Brittney F.
Lebanon, OR
One of my favorite pale ales. It has been for a long time. This is one of the few beers I liked when I first got into beer that I still like. Great beer for summer days on the lakes and rivers.
Jared B.
One of my all time favorite beers. Such a flavorful pale ale. Sierra Nevada does it right with all their beers but this one is a classic. Easy on the budget and does the trick. Enjoy with fiends on a warm summer day....
Emmie H.
Cayce, SC
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
As an avid shopper I highly recommend this product to everyone. It is worth the money and does not disappoint! I alway keep it in my go to pile and recommend you should to. Take it for me and get it today!!!
Evyn L.
Randleman, NC
You can’t go wrong with any Sierra Nevada beer. The pale ale is a smooth drinking beer. The Torpedo IPA packs a punch, with a smooth finish. You can’t go wrong with this pale ale, as it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Shayla C.
Los Angeles, CA
This flavor of Sierra Nevada is one of my favorite that they carry. It is light but still refreshing. I like to purchase the variety packs from Ralphs so I can have a few of each flavor.
Yvette A.
Riverdale, IL
For some like me who is not a drinker who you recommend this beer and does it taste like other beers and how much alcohol does it contain?
Jacob M.
Mira Loma, CA
Is this beer an IPA. That's what I tend to drink, but I don't mind trying this. I always see it but I wondered if there's a difference between IPA and pale ale? Does anyone know the difference or is it the same?
Christina k.
Las Vegas, NV
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Where can I buy this beer at
Jack L.
Staff
Brooklyn, NY
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
I always hear this goes best with spicy food, but it makes it taste more bitter to me. What's your favorite food to drink with a good IPA like this one?

back