BY SIERRA NEVADA #53 in Beer

• "A great beer made with excellent hops." in 1 review
Jennifer J.
Fountain, CO
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
I love Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale Beer; not too dark or bitter, but with a great flavor that goes down smooth and refreshing. It is a great beer to purchase for parties; for those guests that don't like darker beers but prefer a lighter one. It is an affordable beer that can be found in liquor stores or local pubs. I will purchase this beer again and recommend that others give it a try if they have yet to experience a great pale ale.
Mike T.
A very good pale ale. Sierra Nevada is one of my favorite craft breweries and this is their best beer. It has an appeal that even non craft beer drinkers can appreciate.
April G.
I enjoy Pale Ales regularly, but generally prefer less bitter beer. This one was a hair too bitter to go down easily. I also noticed that it was only drinkable while ice cold (in contrast I tend to enjoy craft beers on the tepid side to really taste all the great flavors). If you have to grimace to get it down, it's probably not worth it, right? Sierra Nevada makes other beers that I enjoy, though, so don't discount the brand over one bitter beer.
Lisa C.
I am a big fan of all the pale ale type of beer and the Sierra Nevada does not disappoint. I like the crisp taste with the underlining hops and citrus. If it were up to me the citrus would be more intense. If you like me enjoy an ale with a brighter citrus flavor, also try the Sierra Nevada Sidecar Orange Pale Ale. Depending on your mood either will give you a great tasting beer. Enjoy!
Ashley M.
Garland, TX
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
I'm neutral on this brand and type of ale. I'm a fan of domestic beers such as bud light, Miller, coors etc.. I did taste this one day because my cousin is really into craft beer and we were having a pool party at his house. I'm not " against" it really.. just not something I would order for myself If I were out and about.
Raven G.
Twentynin Plm, CA
Let me start by saying I don't like beer that is really hoppy. I rarely drink beer so keep that in mind. This beer is more of a craft beer. If you really like hoppy beers then you will love this. It is more on the expensive side but what craft beer isn't. You can find this pretty much anywhere just be prepared to spend quite a bit!
Bree F.
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Very yummy and the packaging is very eye-catching because it is the bright lime green! I think this beer is okay. Not my absolute favorite. Not very crisp. I’m not too sure what some alternatives would be. I do highly recommend this beer though because the brand itself is pretty good I suggest giving a couple of other type that they have a shot. I’m not a very big beer kind of sore but when I do drink beer it is more of a citrusy beer or a pale.
Tanner J.
Gainesville, FL
I love to drink IPA's and other craft beers but for some reason I was not impressed with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I first was sold on their packaging and thought their labels were really cool so I decided to give it a try. The beer is extremely hoppy in my opinion. The hops seem to overpower every other flavor present. If you're a hops lover than this one is for you. I enjoy hops but I also enjoy to taste other flavors along with them.
Lauren S.
Lahaina, HI
I am a huge fan of beer and wine more so than hard alcohol but this stuff I cannot handle. It is a very strong beer that I have trouble casually drinking. On the other hand though it is PERFECTION for beer batters. The strong taste works perfectly when trying to keep that hint of beer in a fry batter. That is why I rate it so highly as it is my go to for that specific reason.
Savannah B.
Marion, IA
I'm still getting used to that pale ale taste. This one is smoother than others I have tried but still hits my tongue with a bitter taste. It's fairly affordable. It tasted pretty good with Chinese food!
Overall it's the kind of beer I would bring to a friend house to look cool but if I'm staying home I would prefer a non- IPA beer.
Jacquline B.
Austin, TX
Cristy T.
Potts camp, MS
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Virginia B.
AMELIA, OH
How is the foam in this i find some ales foamyness is bad
Trae A.
Richmond, KY
How expensive is this beer? It seems like it would be pricey
Ashley W.
San Dimas, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?