BY SIERRA NEVADA #47 in Beer

The beginning. A classic. Our most popular beer.

Pale Ale began as a home brewer’s dream, grew into an icon, and inspired countless brewers to follow a passion of their own. Its unique piney and grapefruit aromas from the use of whole-cone American hops have fascinated beer drinkers for decades and made this beer a classic, yet it remains new, complex and surprising to thousands of beer drinkers every day. It is—as it always has been—all natural, bottle conditioned and refreshingly bold.

• Where can I buy this beer at1 Answers
  • Is this beer an IPA. That's what I tend to drink, but I d...1 Answers
  • Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?1 Answers
  • "A great beer made with excellent hops." in 1 review
Danielle C.
Reedley
This was the first beer I had! I was about 22 when I had it and it’s been a little go to beer when we cook! It’s amazing and very easy. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to start drinking beer!
Paige R.
Norman , OK
Very light and refreshing beer. I drink this as much as I can. I always order it when I go to a bar, and buy it regularly at the store. It’s best when it’s very cold, and then I can drink many of them
Mollie E.
Kingston, TN
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
This is my all time favorite beer. I loved visiting Sierra Nevadas brewery located in North Carolina. I now enjoy the beer even more after seeing how it is made! Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
meg_bakerrr B.
Pasadena , MD
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
I’m new to tying ales and pale ales. But this was delicious ! Will recommend to someone new to branching out their beer palette ! It’s an easy smooth ale and leaves a good taste in the mouth after !
Lexi B.
Willington, CT
Sierra Nevada needs to just give up on making beer, I grew up in Chico and have tried and hated everything they have ever made. I don't get how I can love beer yet hate every single one they make.
chelse c.
Palm Harbor, FL
This pale is cool and refreshing and perfect for summer. The best part is that you can find it at almost any grocery store. It's a little bitter for those who enjoy light beer but its still great.
Catherine P.
Norfolk, VA
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Good standard run of the mill pale ale. Doesn’t come close to Bass or some of the other classics. Available at most grocery stores these days and now I see it comes in huge packs so you can stock up on these bright green bottles.
Crystal K.
Summersville, WV
Tried this for my first pale ale, wasn’t to happy with it but tried other pale ales and like others. This one isn’t bad. Not to pricey at a restaurant but don’t buy in a 6 pack. Really expensive.
Kris H.
Santa Maria, CA
I am not s huge fan of IPA and these are no exception. However my husband likes them and says these are a fair beer. Certainly not his favorite but more cost efficient than a small fraction beer.
Hannah B.
Brooklyn, NY
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Love this beer! It’s one of our go-tos. It has great flavor — hoppy but drinkable. It’s not any more expensive than other craft beers, and it’s widely available at corner shops and supermarkets.
Jacquline B.
Austin, TX
Cristy T.
Potts camp, MS
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Virginia B.
Amelia, OH
How is the foam in this i find some ales foamyness is bad
Trae A.
Richmond, KY
How expensive is this beer? It seems like it would be pricey
Ashley W.
San Dimas, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?