BY SIERRA NEVADA #47 in Beer

The beginning. A classic. Our most popular beer.

Pale Ale began as a home brewer’s dream, grew into an icon, and inspired countless brewers to follow a passion of their own. Its unique piney and grapefruit aromas from the use of whole-cone American hops have fascinated beer drinkers for decades and made this beer a classic, yet it remains new, complex and surprising to thousands of beer drinkers every day. It is—as it always has been—all natural, bottle conditioned and refreshingly bold.

• Where can I buy this beer at1 Answers
  • Is this beer an IPA. That's what I tend to drink, but I d...1 Answers
  • Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?1 Answers
  • "A great beer made with excellent hops." in 1 review
Katie T.
A good, basic pale ale. There's better PAs out there but this one is a good place to start. Refreshing and hoppy.
Margaret M.
Albuquerque, NM
One of the best bottled pale ales on the market right now. Price is reasonable and you just can't beat that taste
Michael D.
Pittsburgh, PA
This is a classic and an easy one to get almost anywhere. Will always prefer a Sierra to a Bud Light or whatever.
Emily M.
Blasdell, NY
This is one of my favorite beers and is very refreshing! Love this beer for the summer and goes well with dinner
Caroline S.
Medford , MA
It's delicious. I recommend it. It does not have too overwhelming of a taste. I enjoy drinking it in the summer.
kaylina h.
Albuquerque, NM
This is a favorite. Good priced and availbe just about anywhere. Very good beer good percentage and very smooth.
Stephanie S.
Los Angeles, CA
Wish I was an ale type of beer drinker. I think it tastes sour and did not like. Not a fan of pale ales. Too sour
Denise R.
Pflugerville, TX
I have attempted to like this beer several times, I really have tried to like it but it's just too hoppy for me.
Lexy N.
Reliable on tap if there’s not a great selection. Don’t usually buy at the store unless there aren’t other IPAs.
Moriah M.
Indianapolis
Pale ales are absolutely my favorite. Light, easy to sip on and not cringe every sip, something good for summer.
Jacquline B.
Austin, TX
Cristy T.
Potts camp, MS
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Virginia B.
Amelia, OH
How is the foam in this i find some ales foamyness is bad
Trae A.
Richmond, KY
How expensive is this beer? It seems like it would be pricey
Ashley W.
San Dimas, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?

back