BY SIERRA NEVADA #47 in Beer

The beginning. A classic. Our most popular beer.

Pale Ale began as a home brewer’s dream, grew into an icon, and inspired countless brewers to follow a passion of their own. Its unique piney and grapefruit aromas from the use of whole-cone American hops have fascinated beer drinkers for decades and made this beer a classic, yet it remains new, complex and surprising to thousands of beer drinkers every day. It is—as it always has been—all natural, bottle conditioned and refreshingly bold.

• Where can I buy this beer at1 Answers
  • Is this beer an IPA. That's what I tend to drink, but I d...1 Answers
  • Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?1 Answers
  • "A great beer made with excellent hops." in 1 review
Jessica B.
Jax Bch, FL
One of my favorite "go-to" beers. It's refreshing and mildly hoppy, just enough bitter note to keep it crisp and tasty.
🖤Laonnie M.
Miami, AZ
This is one of my favorite pale ale beers. It's very smooth and refreshing. It's a pretty good and not to overpowering.
Samantha O.
laconia
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Bought this for making rarebit and for drinking. Great for both! Gave nice flavor to my rarebit and was nice to drink.
Valerie M.
Germantown, MD
I'll drink this if there is nothing else around but it has that typical pale ale taste. Not bad, but not my favourite.
Taylor B.
I really like the Pale Ale, it's light but still has great flavor. I also like that it is pretty local to where I live!
Clara B.
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
This beer is fantastic on tap or in the bottle. It is usually my back up OR go - to at a bar depending on the selection
Rachel E.
This is another one of my top beers. I like ale and sierra nevada is my top choice. crisp and refreshing taste for me.
Hollie F.
Santa Barbara
Very tasty, great with peanuts or pretzels. Not too dark,goes down smooth. The value is better priced than the bottles
Angelica H.
Hawthorne, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
One of my favorite beers. This beer is light, refreshing, and crisp. Everyone can enjoy this beer and it is a must try
Ryan K.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Very good IPA. Nice balance with hops. Has a nice finish, not a strong aftertaste, which is important to me with an IPA
Jacquline B.
Austin, TX
Cristy T.
Potts camp, MS
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Virginia B.
Amelia, OH
How is the foam in this i find some ales foamyness is bad
Trae A.
Richmond, KY
How expensive is this beer? It seems like it would be pricey
Ashley W.
San Dimas, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?