BY SIERRA NEVADA

The beginning. A classic. Our most popular beer.

Pale Ale began as a home brewer’s dream, grew into an icon, and inspired countless brewers to follow a passion of their own. Its unique piney and grapefruit aromas from the use of whole-cone American hops have fascinated beer drinkers for decades and made this beer a classic, yet it remains new, complex and surprising to thousands of beer drinkers every day. It is—as it always has been—all natural, bottle conditioned and refreshingly bold.

• Where can I buy this beer at1 Answers
  • Is this beer an IPA. That's what I tend to drink, but I d...1 Answers
  • Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?1 Answers
  • "A great beer made with excellent hops." in 1 review
Heather G.
My husband loves this beer. It has an aromatic, floral, citrus flavor. To be enjoyed at any time of the year. It is a lovely IPA that goes well with any meal. Very affordable. I would recommend you try this it is one of the better IPAs that I have found.
J T.
Rochester
I used to like this much more a long time ago, but it doesn't hit my tastebuds the same way anymore. Don't get me wrong, if there were not many options - no Peroni , etc. I would gladly order a Sierra Pale Ale which at one time was my go-to beer.
Amanda W.
Phoenix, AZ
Purchased at: Target
A classic you can never go wrong with! My fiancé is obsessed with all thing Sierra Nevada! This is one of his all time go to’s! But honestly anything Sierra Nevada is top notch. All of their consistent new flavor releases are amazing.
Jennifer S.
Sacramento, CA
Surprisingly tasty. I am not a beer fan, but hey, it was a hostess gift, and you never turn down free alcohol. I would definitely buy this the next time we host a party and someone is looking for a good local beer.
Garnet C.
Madison
Purchased at: Walmart
One of the smoothest beers on the market. Can't go wrong packing this item up for any adventure you have planned( a nice picnic, a hike in the mountains, or just a camping trip.
Angelina C.
I had this a couple times back in college and once when I actually went to their brewery in Chico! It’s definitely a good IPA! Being from the city though that Lagunitas is based out of, I’m a little spoiled when it comes to IPA. It wasn’t my go to but back when I drank beer it was something I would for sure purchase.
Zoellen F.
Portland
All around great flavor, great price, great beer. What more could you ask for? The alcohol percentage is higher than a lot of gas station beers but it doesn’t break the bank. It’s also super smooth for the amount of hops in it, I could drinking it all day if I had nothing to do!
Heather R.
Aurora, CO
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
I find that although not an IPA, this beer is really rather hoppy. I am personally not a fan of this style of beer, so I cannot rate it too highly. Aside from the bitterness from the hops, the beer itself isn't overly-carbonated, so it does go down smoothly.
Michelle K.
Forest grove, OR
Smooth, clean beer! Not huge on hoppy beers but the Pale Ale is popular for a reason! Sierra Nevada has strong beer, but the flavor is not too over powering. I enjoy this beer on occasion, not a regular beer drinker, but when in doubt I go with that I know.
ester r.
United States
i freaking LOVE Sierra Nevadas! this is where most of my money goes haha! my husband and I always go for Torpedos as they have a hoppy but citrusy flavor and a high ABV! we share a 6pck and both get buzzed! They are pricier than othet beers but well worth it!
Jacquline B.
Austin, TX
Cristy T.
Potts camp , MS
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Virginia B.
Amelia, OH
How is the foam in this i find some ales foamyness is bad
Trae A.
Richmond, KY
How expensive is this beer? It seems like it would be pricey
Ashley W.
San Dimas, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?