BY SIERRA NEVADA #44 in Beer

Buy on Walmart*
  • "A great beer made with excellent hops." in 1 review
Andra D.
New Prt Rchy, FL
I see this beer often in various beer stores, so i figured it has to be ok,no way it can be bad for that price right?i just bought a sixer just in case it backfired...and I'm glad i did. appearance looked good to me,smelled of casual ale ,now being that is was out of a green bottle i figured it might taste a little tarty,skunky,little did i know my first gulp i was shocked i thought it may have gone bad or a bad batch dude this stuff tasted rotton, didn't get better as drinking went on neither every gulp was a bad experiance,i was confused why it is so highly reviewed i was sure it was a bad batch,so some time later I'm at this bar and had it on tap i figured id give it a second chance ,bad move even worse second time cause i paid 4 bucks for one anyway long story short drinkability a zero
laxmipriya k.
Oak Park, CA
I've had quite a few of these beers and I couldn't agree more. However, I highly recommend if you're EVER in Bend, Oregon (The Napa Valley of Beer as far as I'm concerned) you simply must try Boneyard Beer's Hop Venom. It's their DIPA, and while their RPM is their standard IPA and is really, REALLY good, and is in fact, their #1 seller...Hop Venom is the best thing I've ever drank. Close seconds are Dogfishhead's 90 Minute, Barley Brown's Pallet Jack & Bell's Hopslam.
But I repeat...Boneyard's Hop Venom cannot be beat! And they don't bottle or can, so unless you know someone that can bring you a growler, or a local growler station picks it up...ya gotta come to Bend. It's worth the trip! I swear!
dam m.
Santa Clarita, CA
12 oz bottle poured into willibecher glass bottled on 7/27

A: Creamy tiny bubbled white head, body is a bright amber with great clarity.

S: Smells piney, floral, earthy, with a light bit of rust.

T: Light sweet malts play across the tongue while the hops add a piney bit of bitterness on the underneath.

M: Medium bodied also a little lighter very bubbly on the tongue though.

O: It isn't a bad beer but probably one of my least favorites from this brewery. It isn't exceptional in any way shape or form.
Tory S.
Saint Paul, MN
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a good flavorful beer with a lot of flavor. It is a great tap or bottled beer for anyone who wants something more than the usual light ale but isn't into a ton of hops. It's not a particularly remarkable beer in any way but that is what makes it a great beer to grab when people are coming over because it is universally appealing. I have never had anyone NOT like it although I also don't know anyone who would name this as their favorite.
Jennifer J.
Fountain, CO
I love Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale Beer; not too dark or bitter, but with a great flavor that goes down smooth and refreshing. It is a great beer to purchase for parties; for those guests that don't like darker beers but prefer a lighter one. It is an affordable beer that can be found in liquor stores or local pubs. I will purchase this beer again and recommend that others give it a try if they have yet to experience a great pale ale.
Emily O.
Charleston, SC
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a great beer in terms of value and drinkability. The depth of the hops isn't quite what I typically prefer for a pale ale, but this beer definitely does not disappoint. It has a very attractive label and is very accessible. I've been able to find Sierra Nevada in many different parts of the country, which is not always easy to find with microbreweries.
Lauren S.
Lahaina, HI
I am a huge fan of beer and wine more so than hard alcohol but this stuff I cannot handle. It is a very strong beer that I have trouble casually drinking. On the other hand though it is PERFECTION for beer batters. The strong taste works perfectly when trying to keep that hint of beer in a fry batter. That is why I rate it so highly as it is my go to for that specific reason.
hope a.
Lakeland, GA
The pleasant nose of this beer combines light citrusy hops with warm malt flavors. The palate is deft and light, with floral, green hop character, light caramel malt sweetness, and a nice hop kick to pull things together and give this pale ale firm edges. A dry, tasty finish, with some residual hop character and bitterness, makes this a beer with good repeat potential.
Emily H.
N Little Rock, AR
Bought this to try it out and it was so gross I almost had to spit it out. I tried to give it a chance and finish a bottle but I couldn't. It's so bitter with a horrible aftertaste. Price is average but the product is definitely below average. Can't even get anyone to finish this six pack so I'll probably throw them away.
Keeley C.
Germantown, MD
This was one of my first beers that wasn't a light beer, this beer made me realize truly how different beers can taste! After having this beer at a party, I went out bought the variety pack to try other sierra nevada beers :) Its such a great pale ale, what I now compare all too. Its hard to ever dislike your first ;)
Jacquline B.
Austin, TX
Cristy T.
Potts Camp, MS
Happy Hour Expert
Virginia B.
Amelia, OH
How is the foam in this i find some ales foamyness is bad
Trae A.
Richmond, KY
How expensive is this beer? It seems like it would be pricey
Ashley W.
San Dimas, CA
Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?