BY SIERRA NEVADA #47 in Beer

The beginning. A classic. Our most popular beer.

Pale Ale began as a home brewer’s dream, grew into an icon, and inspired countless brewers to follow a passion of their own. Its unique piney and grapefruit aromas from the use of whole-cone American hops have fascinated beer drinkers for decades and made this beer a classic, yet it remains new, complex and surprising to thousands of beer drinkers every day. It is—as it always has been—all natural, bottle conditioned and refreshingly bold.

• Where can I buy this beer at1 Answers
  • Is this beer an IPA. That's what I tend to drink, but I d...1 Answers
  • Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?1 Answers
Buy on Walmart
  • "A great beer made with excellent hops." in 1 review
Erin Rafferty c.
Solid IPA that’s widely available. Usually you can find this in pretty much any liquor store, gas station, Walmart at 1 AM, anywhere you are. I also love that it‘s easy to find in cans, because sometimes I’m on the road, need a beer in my hotel, but don’t have a bottle opener. It’s been a lifesaver for me because of that! But it’s definitely not my first choice for beers, as it’s just kind of nondescript, and it does have a hint have of that cheap beer tang to it. Always a good fallback option though.
Angelina C.
I had this a couple times back in college and once when I actually went to their brewery in Chico! It’s definitely a good IPA! Being from the city though that Lagunitas is based out of, I’m a little spoiled when it comes to IPA. It wasn’t my go to but back when I drank beer it was something I would for sure purchase.
Holly K.
Orlando
This is a very full bodied pale ale in my opinion. I only gave it a 3/5 Star only because it’s not my favorite in taste, but for those that enjoy the style, but for me the malt is a bit strong and is certainly a sipping beer.
For the price you can’t beat it and it makes an excellent addition to any party mix.
Zoellen F.
Portland
All around great flavor, great price, great beer. What more could you ask for? The alcohol percentage is higher than a lot of gas station beers but it doesn’t break the bank. It’s also super smooth for the amount of hops in it, I could drinking it all day if I had nothing to do!
ester r.
United States
i freaking LOVE Sierra Nevadas! this is where most of my money goes haha! my husband and I always go for Torpedos as they have a hoppy but citrusy flavor and a high ABV! we share a 6pck and both get buzzed! They are pricier than othet beers but well worth it!
Megan C.
Pelzer , SC
One of my favorite pale ales! I love hoppy beers and this one is amazing. I get this at any local grocery store. It is a lil pricey than regular beers like bud light. I've repurchased several times and will continue to. If you ever have a chance to check out their distillery definitely give them a visit!
Devin A.
Midland
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
When it comes to a pale L beer nothing beats this one it is tried-and-true and always has a consistent and amazing flavor the bottom packaging is very nice and I would always recommend this to anyone and I believe this is great from anyone that starting out drinking to even the most developed drinkers
Sara W.
Cincinnati, OH
I just discovered Sierra Nevada Pale Ale last summer and can truly say it is one of my favorites. The only problem I have with it is the after taste. The ale can be a bit on the hoppy side and catches up to you after a swig. Other than that, great beer!
Derek H.
Shawnee, OK
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic pale ale style. It has a deep amber color and a exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best hops.
Julia N.
Augusta
Honestly I am not a fan of the flavor, it’s a very intense and although you can enjoy one over the course of the evening I don’t like feeling like I’m trying to get through my beer, I’d rather open a second because I loved the first so much! Haha
Jacquline B.
Austin, TX
Cristy T.
Potts camp, MS
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Virginia B.
Amelia, OH
How is the foam in this i find some ales foamyness is bad
Trae A.
Richmond, KY
How expensive is this beer? It seems like it would be pricey
Ashley W.
San Dimas, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Why do you prefer Sierra Nevada?