10 answers

Civ V definitely. With the ad-ons esp because they add a lot of replayability.
4 years ago
I would say that Civ V provides the best diversity, while Civ IV provides the best gameplay.
4 years ago
I personally enjoy Civ Rev but am excited to try Civ Beyond Earth when it is released. I have never been disappointed by any of these games!
5 years ago
I prefer Civ V. That said, however, I have a soft spot for Civ 3 as well.
6 years ago
This is tough, because I've been playing since the first Civ and I have those nostalgia glasses on. I loved the first one so much; I played it for hours at a time. I would say, though, that the best one was probably Civ 4. Sure, 5 updated some things that needed fixing, but I just don't like it as much. Civ 4's modding community, which was HUGE, updated the issues with it anyways.
6 years ago
I don't think the games are all the same. There were good things about each game and different things about all of them that made them unique and a different experience. I didn't really like Civ 4 at first, (though the music was amazing & award winning - and I loved the additions of quote that they'd read) but it worked since I no longer have access to the older versions. Civ 5 is totally awesome and added so many things that the games were missing - it also has a completely different feel than the others (it's my choice for best I suppose). One thing I loved about the earlier additions was that you could decorate your thrown room. It's only repetitive if you put everything on auto mode, always try to win the same way, and always play as the same civilization.
7 years ago
I've only played 3 versions, but I honestly haven't noticed much of a difference between them. The basic Civilization games are all about the same. Sid Meier does games that are similar in style but with different concepts or different structures. If you want something different, try one of his other games. Or the mmo one, on facebook.
7 years ago