Sid Meier's Civilization Video Game uploaded by Arwen M.

BY SID MEIER'S CIVILIZATION #9 in PC & Mac Games

Believable World: More than just a strategy game - the expanded visuals and immersive audio invite would-be kings to take up the reigns of power and forge a mighty empire. Civilization V offers a limitless variety of vast, realistic and diverse landscapes for players to explore, battle over and claim as their own. Inviting Presentation: An intuitive interface eases both new players and Civ veterans into the game. Guided by a set of trusted advisors who will explain game functionality and provide counsel for significant decisions, even first-time players will be confident in the choices they make. Huge Battles: Combat is more exciting and engaging than ever before. Wars between empires feel massive with armies spreading across the landscape. The addition of ranged bombardment allows players to fire weapons from behind the front lines, challenging players to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield. Live History: Write your own epic story each time you play! Choose one of eighteen historical civilizations to lead from the stone-age to the space age on your quest to build the world's most powerful empire. Improved Diplomacy: Negotiate with some of history's most cunning rulers, each with a well-crafted plan for victory. Successful diplomacy will depend on players carefully managing relationships with other leaders, trading items and land, plying them with gold, and deciding if they are friend or foe. City States will present a new diplomatic battleground on which the major powers of the world will vie for supremacy. ESRB Rating: EVERYONE 10+ with Mild Language, Drug Reference, and Mild Violence see more...

Sid Meier's Civilization Video Game
  • "I will say that Civ V is nowhere near as good as Civ 4... but I love these types of strategy games and they keep me coming back!" in 7 reviews
Dannira K.
Dannira K.
Having had many enjoyable hours invested into this game , I feel a bit biased writing this review. The base game is almost incomplete, but compared to Civilization 4 it's not surprising. I saw the aforementioned incompleteness as room for improvement. And my wait did not yield to disappointment. The first major expansion was so needed. "Gods and Kings" essentially completed the game as well as expanding the games enjoyability, Gods and Kings is the best expansion of recent gaming. And a while after that, "Brave New World" was released. This pack did many things, such as adding new victory conditions and making the almost unessential diplomacy important. This expansion also added a feature called the World Congress which allows the major Civilizations of the game to propose and vote on policies to effect the gameplay and ( if you play your cards correctly) help you win. If you like strategy I firmly recommend picking up Civilization 5 and the Major Dlc packs as well.
Steve W.
Steve W.
Lansing, MI
This series is one of my favorites I love it. This is one of the first games that made me lose track of time completely, after installing it at about 3pm I played till about 4 in the morning without realizing how much time had gone by. I think that it's because your all way a turn away from something finishing a building, a monument, researching something, conquering a city it's very fun. This is the complete edition whit all the expansions included. To install initially you WILL NEED STEAM even whit the disc version, I did already had steam downloaded so this was not an issue for me. Once downloaded you can switch steam to offline and play whitout an Internet connection but you do need to be online for the initial instal.
Kristin D.
Kristin D.
Long Beach, CA
I want to say I don't like this game, that it creates a black hole where your life used to be. But then I look at my hours played on Steam (which I won't number here), and realize that's not true.

This game is highly engrossing and addicting. The variations per game are endless with so many civs, maps, personalities, and tons of mods. The hex grid system is an improvement over earlier versions' grids, and the one unit per tile attack system makes you completely restrategize your military.
Arwen M.
Arwen M.
Halsey, OR
Love, love, love, Civ 5. By far the most played game in my Steam library, 861 as of this date. If you like turned based games, you'll love Civ 5 too. The characters are good, the maps are great and with the expansion packs you'll get a lot of replayability. Plus there are 287 Steam acheivments which will keep you coming back for more. And remember there's no such thing as "just one more turn..." (Pictured is the Scramble for Africa scenario.)
Taylor C.
Taylor C.
Washington, DC
I've just begun playing this game and I've really enjoyed my time. I went into it blind and didn't look up any tips or tricks or strategies, and I almost feel like I click random buttons at times because I'm unsure what to do-- but that's my fault. Most of all, I think the game is strong and can provide a lot of thinking, strategy, and entertainment for hours on end.
christy v.
christy v.
Elgin, IL
I'm not that big fan of turn based games, but for some reason this game got me hooked. I kept telling myself "At least stop before the 2 hour mark hits so you can refund it" "I'll stop after this turn..."
I ended up putting about 100+ hours into this game. I would definitely recommend this game if you have way too much time on your hands.
Allie M.
Allie M.
Lombard, IL
This is a very fun strategy game I was given as a gift for my birthday this year. It's a very cool, historical based gameplay, but also very confusing if you 1. don't pay attention to the many instructions 2. don't have a friend who knows what they're doing. But I think it's fun if you're into strategy and chilled out games.
Emily R.
Emily R.
Guston, KY
I have gotten hundreds of hours of fun with Sid Meiers V. I cannot wait for the next title in this series so I can get hundred of hours of fun from it as well. If you love strategy and love decision making this game is for you. I recommend this game to anyone that wants to think on their toes and wants a challenge.
Robert L.
Robert L.
I really enjoy the sid meier's but theres just the one thing about civilizations thats always telling u its okay for another turn before dinner one more turn before bed one more turn then next thing u know this game will have u up till 6am cant wait for the next civs game and will always support this series
Ethan E.
Ethan E.
King George, VA
Civilization V has been a great game for me. Not only is it very addicting, but it also helps me learn a bit about history too! It's a great game to play with my friends and there's plenty of additional maps and other gameplay features to add on to the main game! Civilization V always keeps me coming back.
Amy M.
What is your favorite world leader/civilization to play?
Amy M.
Which version on Civ is the best, in your opinion?
Kelly G.
Kelly G.
Omaha, NE
Has anyone else bought this game on Steam? I got mine on a sale so it is a great place to purchase it if they are having one.
Ashley W.
Ashley W.
Basingstoke
Have you tried the gods and kings download for it? I like the way it makes other ways of winning and opens up a whole new way of the politcs of the nations in the game. Do you Like it?
Gillian L.