Sid Meier's Civilization Video Game uploaded by Arwen M.

BY SID MEIER'S CIVILIZATION #8 in PC & Mac Games

Believable World: More than just a strategy game - the expanded visuals and immersive audio invite would-be kings to take up the reigns of power and forge a mighty empire. Civilization V offers a limitless variety of vast, realistic and diverse landscapes for players to explore, battle over and claim as their own. Inviting Presentation: An intuitive interface eases both new players and Civ veterans into the game. Guided by a set of trusted advisors who will explain game functionality and provide counsel for significant decisions, even first-time players will be confident in the choices they make. Huge Battles: Combat is more exciting and engaging than ever before. Wars between empires feel massive with armies spreading across the landscape. The addition of ranged bombardment allows players to fire weapons from behind the front lines, challenging players to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield. Live History: Write your own epic story each time you play! Choose one of eighteen historical civilizations to lead from the stone-age to the space age on your quest to build the world's most powerful empire. Improved Diplomacy: Negotiate with some of history's most cunning rulers, each with a well-crafted plan for victory. Successful diplomacy will depend on players carefully managing relationships with other leaders, trading items and land, plying them with gold, and deciding if they are friend or foe. City States will present a new diplomatic battleground on which the major powers of the world will vie for supremacy. ESRB Rating: EVERYONE 10+ with Mild Language, Drug Reference, and Mild Violence see more...

Sid Meier's Civilization Video Game
  • "I will say that Civ V is nowhere near as good as Civ 4... but I love these types of strategy games and they keep me coming back!" in 7 reviews
Deborah S.
I have spent many hours immersed in this fantastic, sometimes infuriating video game. It is a lot of fun though sometimes infuriating. Steam also usually has a good deal on it. This is a strategy game so if you aren’t Into that it won’t appeal to you but if you enjoy other tragedy games then give it a go!
Deanne F.
Scottsdale, AZ
I think 'just one more turn' about says it all. I have a shameful amount of hours poured into this purely because it's so much fun to create and start building an empire. Somewhere around right before the modern era it sometimes becomes not as fun, especially when you see you're never going to win without an all out war of total conquering the entire world. Ugh. Believe me that can go on and on and on. There are very frustrating cheats given to the AI and some things are totally useless, like diplomacy. Nonetheless I"m always playing this game.
Heather H.
Stoneville, NC
One of my favorite game franchises in general. Wonderful strategy game that just seems to get even better with each new release. It is a bit pricey but you can always wait for a sale of some sort. Definitely a good investment, the replay value is wonderful. Hands down in my top 5 favortie games of all time.
Amy W.
Paola, KS
I picked up Civilization 6 when it came out in the fall. It was my first Civilization game, and I'm quite happy with it. It is so fun, I only play single player with AI but it's so fun to me. There are a few things that can get annoying with the AI that will hopefully be fixed soon with a patch.
Soheila S.
Kirkland, WA
This is one of my favorite video games and I have spent dozens of hours playing it already. It is complex yet easy to play. Although there are a lot of details it is pretty easy to catch on quickly. The graphics are amazing, and I love the variety of different choices you have in the game (what civilization, ideologies, etc). Overall, it's a really good game and I would highly recommend it to others.
Ashley N.
Fargo, ND
Gamer Expert
Great game. Very interesting, lots of play, and if you want, no game is like the other. I love looking into the technology tree and using methods to conquer the game the way I want. If you don't have a lot of time, I may not suggest getting it, however it's a great game and I do love it.
Krystal H.
Rock Hill, SC
I adored this game! I used to play it for hours on end. I'd have to stop around 1941 because my computer was terrible and would always freeze. This was a great game for a great value and I wish I still had it to play. Or had time. The expansions were awesome too!
Anna S.
Oroville , CA
I love this game and I have spent so many hours of my life on it. Love that you can choose your country and rule. Very worth the money spent. Not too much like any other games and I would recommend it to anyone who likes games like this.
Dannira K.
Having had many enjoyable hours invested into this game , I feel a bit biased writing this review. The base game is almost incomplete, but compared to Civilization 4 it's not surprising. I saw the aforementioned incompleteness as room for improvement. And my wait did not yield to disappointment. The first major expansion was so needed. "Gods and Kings" essentially completed the game as well as expanding the games enjoyability, Gods and Kings is the best expansion of recent gaming. And a while after that, "Brave New World" was released. This pack did many things, such as adding new victory conditions and making the almost unessential diplomacy important. This expansion also added a feature called the World Congress which allows the major Civilizations of the game to propose and vote on policies to effect the gameplay and ( if you play your cards correctly) help you win. If you like strategy I firmly recommend picking up Civilization 5 and the Major Dlc packs as well.
Hannah W.
Seabrook, NH
This game is probably the best video game I've ever played. I could spend days doing nothing but playing civ. If you want a game to take over your life, this is the game for you.
Amy M.
What is your favorite world leader/civilization to play?
Amy M.
Which version on Civ is the best, in your opinion?
Kelly G.
Omaha, NE
Has anyone else bought this game on Steam? I got mine on a sale so it is a great place to purchase it if they are having one.
Ashley W.
Basingstoke
Have you tried the gods and kings download for it? I like the way it makes other ways of winning and opens up a whole new way of the politcs of the nations in the game. Do you Like it?
Gillian L.