Believable World: More than just a strategy game - the expanded visuals and immersive audio invite would-be kings to take up the reigns of power and forge a mighty empire. Civilization V offers a limitless variety of vast, realistic and diverse landscapes for players to explore, battle over and claim as their own. Inviting Presentation: An intuitive interface eases both new players and Civ veterans into the game. Guided by a set of trusted advisors who will explain game functionality and provide counsel for significant decisions, even first-time players will be confident in the choices they make. Huge Battles: Combat is more exciting and engaging than ever before. Wars between empires feel massive with armies spreading across the landscape. The addition of ranged bombardment allows players to fire weapons from behind the front lines, challenging players to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield. Live History: Write your own epic story each time you play! Choose one of eighteen historical civilizations to lead from the stone-age to the space age on your quest to build the world's most powerful empire. Improved Diplomacy: Negotiate with some of history's most cunning rulers, each with a well-crafted plan for victory. Successful diplomacy will depend on players carefully managing relationships with other leaders, trading items and land, plying them with gold, and deciding if they are friend or foe. City States will present a new diplomatic battleground on which the major powers of the world will vie for supremacy. ESRB Rating: EVERYONE 10+ with Mild Language, Drug Reference, and Mild Violence

Is this game any good
Is this game available at game stop?
Has anyone played this Game?
Start your review of Sid Meier's Civilization Video Game!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I will say that Civ V is nowhere near as good as Civ 4... but I love these types of strategy games and they keep me coming back!” in 7 reviews
tampa, fl
Game is super fun! My boyfriend played these games before meeting me so we bond over ruling the entire world and destroying each other armies. Sometimes its just him playing and we plan out how we want to run as a country. Really shows you how this world actually works.
Madison
The civilization series is one of my favorites. I have 3,4,5, and 6 and each is a delight to play in their own respect. My biggest problem with the series however is that the games are never worth the full price on release. They are lackluster without additional updates and DLCs (which cost more money), so while I love the games I only recommend buying them on sale after DLCs are available, not full price or on release.
Very addicting! You can lose an entire day playing Civ. Every time you play, the game is so different, so it always feels fresh. It can be difficult to win, but it feels awesome when you do. I recommend to anyone who likes strategy and history.
Fairborn, OH
Good game. Strategy heavy. Could take a long time (500 turns ish). I think it’s pretty great value. You can play with friends or the computer. If you’ve played Catan, it’s like that on drugs.
I have his game for PC and it provides hours upon hours of fun. I love the many play styles is has. My only complaint is that the Switch version does not have Hot Seat
Golden Valley
Civilization is really one of those classic games that is just a blast to play. I've played every iteration of Civilization since its original and they are all fun and enjoyable. At some point, I do get kind of bored, but a few months or years, I come back and play again. It is like a good trusty friend that I can always come back to. One of the things I like about the game is learning about the different rulers and the different wonders. Sometimes they start me on a research binge that just to learn about a particular culture.
Houghton, MI
Gamer Expert Level 1
My husband could play this game for hours if he wanted to. It's a very good game and really makes you think about next steps. The gameplay itself is very easy. The game itself is a little difficult though. I would reccomend this game.
Seattle, WA
Gamer Expert Level 1
Sid Meier's Civilization 5 (Civ 5) is a fantastic game. I still prefer it, even over the newer Civ 6. It's a classic and is a ton of fun to play solo, with one other person, or with a group of people. Hours and hours of entertainment and there's really no other civilization building game that comes close; there's just so much variety and it's thought out so well. I would definitely buy it, but since it isn't the latest and greatest, I would probably wait for a sale.
I have spent many hours immersed in this fantastic, sometimes infuriating video game. It is a lot of fun though sometimes infuriating. Steam also usually has a good deal on it. This is a strategy game so if you aren’t Into that it won’t appeal to you but if you enjoy other tragedy games then give it a go!
My husband loves this game but I don't quite love it that much. I do love how they incorporate history lessons into certain things. The soundtrack is awesome. The game takes way too long to play for me and I have never finished a CIV to the very end.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...