BY SHU UEMURA

A luxuriously rich oil for deep cleansing. Gently removes makeup & impurities. Infused with medicinal herbs like chamomile & licorice root. Soothes & smoothes dry, sensitive skin. Offers anti-aging benefit. see more...

Keia C.
Atlanta, GA
This was my very first makeup brand that I tried at 16 years old, thanks to my loving father! I had NO idea about makeup at all and I was so blessed and thankful that I was introduced into a high quality brand like this. This was my first introduction into an actual oil instead of makeup wipes, and when i tell you that this is by far my TOP go to for removing makeup, it beats ANYTHING you have ever used in your life. The oil itself removes all makeup, but also leaving skin feeling soft and smooth. The mixture of vitamins int he oil is so essential to your skin that you'll also notice a huge improvement in your skin tone and overall quality of your skin. I love love love love Shu Umeura!
Hue V.
San Jose, CA
This review is strictly from what I used 5-6 years ago. They have since changed packaging (but I don't know if they changed formula).

I heard great things about this product and I can remember the first time I used it like it was yesterday. It's very oily but starts to melt into the skin (as you rub it circular motion). It definitely leaves the skin feeling soft and looking clean. It doesn't take off making up as well as you might think so I highly recommend doing a double cleansing. But the big reason why I gave it 2 stars is because after one or two uses, I noticed small bumps on my skin and I would even break out. I didn't do anything new to my routine but using this product. So when I did stop using it, the bumps and my acne would stop as well. I also couldn't tell if maybe it didn't react well with my (slightly sensitive) skin, maybe the product was expired, or work with the skin routine I had going (using different ingredients/products can activate unknown rashes and bumps on face).
Vera H.
Shu Uemura's cleansing oils are amazing for makeup removal and cleansing. It also washes your face without stripping your face of it's natural oils.
Sarah G.
Livingston
First bought this product a few years ago in selfridges in London. It was an impulse buy, but I'm so glad I bought it! I love the texture of the oil and how it changes to a milk on contact with water to thoroughly cleanse my skin. Smells absolutely beautiful and I love the modern packaging. The only reason I'm marking a star down is the price. I wish it was a bit more affordable and not used as a luxury.
Mandy H.
Portland, OR
Does this work for sensitive skin?