BY SHOP-VAC

Covenenient cord wrap keeps power cord untangled. Easy-reach on/off switch conveniently located on top of the unit. Built-in top carry handles make transporting your vac easier. Low-profile design with easy-roll casters makes mobility a snap. Backed by a super 2-Year warranty. Powerful motors are quieter than ever. Wide range of accessories for wet/dry messes. The Shop Vac 584-05-00 Includes: 6 x 1.25" Hose 1.25" Extension Wands 10" Combination Nozzle and Squeegee Foam Sleeve Reusable Dry Filter Specifications: 2.0 Peak HP Cubic ft/minute - 135 Electric Rating - 120 V-60 Hz 6 Amps Sealed Pressure - 54 Air Watts - 215 PLEASE NOTE: This item has been built to U.S. electronics specifications and may need additional modifications or converters to be used in countries other than the U.S. and Canada. see more...

Marion F.
I actually own this Shop-Vac so I'm amazed it's on here for review...

Shop-Vacs are a great idea that looked awesome on paper but that are dreadful in real life.

I do a lot of art and sculpture and building and making and owning a super-duper vacuum cleaner that would pick up dirt and sawdust and junk and broken glass and all manner of trash both wet and dry would be a HUGE benefit to me. Unfortunately, while Shop-Vac promises to do just that with their products, they never quite get it right.

Working at 100% efficiency this Shop-Vac will pick up most small to mid-range messes. The problem is, it almost NEVER works at 100% efficiency.

The hose is too small and clogs up and blocks every time you use it, no matter what.
The wheels fall off all the time.
The thing is extremely light and the second you try to roll it around it will tip over.
It needs a number of different filters to use for different jobs which are a pain to buy and keep replacing.
It almost always blows dust and dirt out the exhaust port and makes more mess then you were trying to clean up in the first place.
The cord is ludicrously short, like about 3 feet, making the thing useless without an extension cord.

I'm going to replace mine soon, the motor is already starting to drag and burn and will be dead in a month or so.

Do yourself a favor and go for a bigger, more powerful Shop-Vac with a larger hose. Otherwise stick with a regular vacuum.
Shannon B.
Hillman, MI
I've always loved using my Shop-Vac.  It's very handy and powerful.  You can use it for cleaning up nasty messes that a regular vacuum cant handle.  Works great for wet messes, cracks and crevices, cobwebs, stairs, and even my car.  I honestly dont know what I would do without my shop vac.
Melodi C.
Farmville, VA
Decorator Expert Level 2
My dad has this vacuum. he uses it for his job, but sometimes when the carpet at home doesn't work he tells me to borrow it. This product does a great job at cleaning and in no time has my carpet and/or surface clean. This product works great on multiple surfaces and it's easy to clean! The only down side is that it's bulky and although it does have wheels it's sometimes hard for them to work on the carpet. Other than that this product is great and I will continue using it when dad says so!
Gabrielle R.
Columbia, KY
It works. It's fairly easy to use and maintain considering it's a big piece of equipment. But we've had it for years so it's sturdy. It's not exactly cheap, but I doubt you'd find one that is and actually works. We used it when my moms basement flooded in mass and I was so grateful we had this!
Tiffany S.
I bought this for my father, and in the same month our house flooded because of a tropical storm. The only way we got all the water out was using this. It did its job at the time. But broke shortly after.
Julie F.
Moreno Valley, CA
I bought this little machine for quick pick ups in the house (I have a dog who has made a hobby of shedding) and to clean my car. Works great. It is light and powerful enough to grab anything in my car or dog fur. I have had it a year and it still works like a champ.
kim f.
Hebron, IN
Not happy at all with mine. Mine quit working after about a month, then i took it in and they replaced it and low and behold 6 months after that quit working all the day
Tania C.
Mishawaka, IN
My husband loves his shop vac and uses it for everything. To sweep floors, clean up water , clean out the cars
Briana B.
Dupont, IN
We use this to clean out our cars with in the garage. Works great for that task.
Crysta G.
Fayetteville, NC
I've been comparing prices for one of these for a while. Do the cheaper ones really get the job done or should I splurge for the more expensive brands and get my monies worth?