Skin CareFacial SkincareFacial SunscreenShiseido
Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 Sunscreen

Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 Sunscreen

A daily, ultra-light, oil-free sunscreen lotion for the face ideal for oily skin. Broad Spectrum SPF 42

Do you think it is necessary to apply sunscreen before makeup?
Im looking for a uv protection cream for my head this summer, does this product do the job?
Start your review of Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 Sunscreen!
Product Highlights
My Skin: Sensitive, Combination & Acne Prone I use this product when I go to the beach only. It provides fantastic sun protection. I apply it before leaving the house and after swimming. This is the ONLY sun production for my face that does not cause breakouts. However, I can only use this once or twice per week (beach time). I do not wear makeup over it or anaything else. My normal day routine, includes a moisterizer and BB cream with SPF already in there. I tried using this product on a daily basis and I did breakout after a week. With other facial sunblocks, I brokeout before the day was over. If your face is not as acne prone as mine and you are looking for a good SPF, I highly recommend this product. Also, I bought mine a while ago at Sephora. However, I am finding it a lot at TJ Maxx & Marshalls for a fraction of the cost!!!!in reviews
I also have very sensitive skin and this product didn't irritate my skin at all.in reviews
It was smaller than I expected it to be but a little goes a long way to this'll last me for a while.in reviews
A little bit goes a long way.in reviews
I've never been one to use suncreen on my face because I would always break out due to the product being too oily, but this product does not break me out at all!!in reviews
Lisa F.
Long Beach, NY
1,819 reviews
Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 Sunscreen uploaded by Lisa F.
I’ve been on the hunt for a sunscreen that also protects against pollination and HEV light aka Blue light from electronics like your cell phone. Shiesdo is a great brand, and my mom purchased this for me as a gift. I’ve been using both mineral and chemical sunscreens, looking for a lightweight texture as well as ingredients that further protect the skin, which this formula has. It contains ingredients that control oil production and gives my skin a nice matte look perfect for makeup application. It’s also non comedogenic and contains Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract which help to reduce the look of visible pores. As well as Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract which helps promote the appearance of youthful-looking skin. I really love the look and feel of this SPF and it also comes in a tinted version which I definitely want to try as well. I highly recommend this if you have an oiler skin type, or your just looking for a great SPF that leaves your skin looking matte and healthy.
Sophia P.
Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 Sunscreen uploaded by Sophia P.
Purchased at: ULTA
I've been on the lookout for a good sunscreen and while this is okay, I'm not sure I'll repurchase. It does leave a bit of a white-cast and dries down a little too quickly for my taste. It doesn't leave me super oily like a lot of other sunscreens, though I always notice more oil on my face than usual every time I use this. I love the consistency and formulation of this product - a nice, lightweight and milky feel that isn't harsh-feeling on the skin. The scent isn't too overbearing, either. Still looking for my holy grail sunscreen but in the meantime, this definitely works well!
Skye W.
Atlanta, GA
Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 Sunscreen uploaded by Skye W.
This is the best sunscreen. I love the smooth texture. It goes onto the skin and blends so nicely. Doesn’t affect my makeup. I use it everyday!! It’s a little expensive, but it’s worth the splurge.
Ericka Y.
San Diego, CA
Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 Sunscreen uploaded by Ericka Y.
Purchased at: Sephora
I have a combo oily skin and I know the importance of sunscreen to prevent premature signs of aging, but I can’t find a good one that doesn’t leave me looking like a grease pan. Now enters this product. Do not be deceived by its miniature size at 1oz. This sunscreen is seriously THE BOMB. The consistency is more liquid/watery than most sunscreen so that can throw you off during your first time using it. But it spreads extremely well. It also dries super fast so you gotta spread it all over your face and neck in 0.2 seconds LOL. Initially, you might think it leaves a white cast on your face, but it fades in few minutes as the product gets absorbed to your skin. The is the only sunscreen that dries MATTE y’all! I’m crying 😭 it’s soo good under the makeup no issues whatsoever and doesn’t give me any breakouts. I’m a repeat buyer and definitely bumping this up on my skincare routine level to HOLY GRAILLLLL!
Purnima D.
Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 Sunscreen uploaded by Purnima D.
Purchased at: Macy's
This is the perfect sunscreen for a day out at the beach. It is water resistant and smells like soft scented lotion. This sunscreen doesn't make me feel more hot compared to other heavy sunscreens. This has 42 SPF and lighter then sunscreens that are 15-30 spfs. I definitely recommend this for the cute package and effectiveness! It lasts the entire day for me as well. I got this at Marshall's for half the price it would have been originally. It's easy to carry as well and looks fancy at the same time.
Thanachon P.
Phoenix, AZ
Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 Sunscreen uploaded by Thanachon P.
Purchased at: Sephora
I just order from sephora... very light weight no sticky good for oily skin:) I have dry skin so I like how is going on my skin because is not heavy and all ;)
Lisa B.
Burke, VA
Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 Sunscreen uploaded by Lisa B.
I have been using this sunscreen for several weeks now and I absolutely love it! It feels so light on my skin! I really like that it is matte, and blends into my skin so well. I haven’t experienced any breakouts while using it and it wears great under my foundation!
Kenra S.
Saginaw, MI
Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 Sunscreen uploaded by Kenra S.
This face sunscreen is so light weight and doesnt look or feel oily at all. It's water resistant and I love that you can use this with or without makeup and it still gives a beautiful matteesque finish.
Mindy H.
Oxnard
Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 Sunscreen uploaded by Mindy H.
Purchased at: Sephora
Very light sunscreen that does not leave a white cast. It’s a liquid like texture and it dries matte to the touch after application. It has a very slight fragrance
Lance H.
Lancaster, CA
Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 Sunscreen uploaded by Lance H.
Purchased at: Macy's
This product is literally to go with.One of my favorite Sunscreen. It’s not oily at all. It feels light weight and smell is good not to much just good. Kinda expensive but really worth it,plus doesn’t stain my eyes.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Alexandra M.
Christine Y.
Buena Park, CA
il y a 8 mois
Shannon J. il y a 8 mois
I also use the ultimate protector spray, and I recently received the bottle above to review. I had mixed feelings because I really like my spray. I had some issues with certain moisturizers or serums under the Urban Environment making it pill up really bad, but if I used over a lightweight moisturizer only; it worked much better. It really makes a great makeup primer/sunscreen when it is paired with right moisturizer; it takes some trial and error. So, my final thoughts are that it’s a great product for a makeup primer, but I don’t use makeup primers often and I still prefer the ease and application of the spray. I hope this helps and I made sense...lol ;)
Adriane M.