BY SHISEIDO #58 in Sunscreen

An oil-free daily protector with Uva/Uvb Broad Spectrum Protection. Protects against 3 major causes of skin cell damage: Uv Rays, oxidation and over production of sebum. This ultra-light formulation spreads smoothly and contains mineral powders and herbal extracts to maintain a pore-free and shine-free finish.

Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42
  • "I have really oily skin & it doesn't make my skin feel all oily & nasty like other products do." in 2 reviews
  • "A little bit goes a long way." in 1 review
  • "It was smaller than I expected it to be but a little goes a long way to this'll last me for a while." in 1 review
  • "I also have very sensitive skin and this product didn't irritate my skin at all." in 1 review
  • "I've never been one to use suncreen on my face because I would always break out due to the product being too oily, but this product does not break me out at all!!" in 1 review
Candace S.
Candace S.
Stone Mountain, GA
Best Spring discovery of 2016! I went into Sephora and asked for dames of their best selling sunscreens because I freckle so bad this time of year. this sunscreen didn't break me out, leaves a luminous, color correcting and priming matte finish. you have to let it dry before competing your makeup routine. it does leave a white cast but if you're darker you can use a finishing powder in your shade to cover it. I'm.in love. It's replaced my.primer. It's so expensive but worth it. here you can see the color and the swatch. I'm a berry ruddy Irish girl and it covers that. does not have a meltdown and run.into my contacts. I use babyganics on my neck and body. can't afford to bathe in this stuff before I go out. wish I could.
Laura C.
Laura C.
Los Angeles , CA
This is an excellent sunscreen to wear underneath makeup/foundation. It goes on, and sinks into the skin and is virtually invisible. You don't feel or look like you're wearing sunscreen and it doesn't ball up or flake off as you apply makeup over it.
Only reason I gave it 4 (instead of 5) stars is that it contains chemical sunscreens (octinoxate 7.4% and octocrylene 3.0%) AND physical blocks (zinc oxide 8.6%). I prefer physical/mineral only blocks and for this reason will not buy this again.
But if you don't care about using chemical sunscreens, then this could be an excellent product for you!
Yvette R.
Yvette R.
The Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 is one of the best items I've ever had from Macy's. Yes, it is absolutely effective & I'll continue using this product. It's smooth & creamy, yet so lite with a soft sweet scent. I love that it has a high SPF yet it goes on so lightly over my skincare. The price point is a little high for some, but for those who enjoy luxury brand skincare it's well worth the price. This stuff is lovely. Shiseido makes some of the best products available.
Emily P.
Emily P.
Cleveland, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
I use this every day- rain or shine. It goes perfectly on my moisturizer and underneath make up- and even though I'm wearing all these layers on my skin it doesn't make it feel heavy at all. I love that this product does not add any extra weight or oil to my face, but it's definitely adding more protection against the sun. A little goes a long way, I use about three drops and I can use it for my entire face! It is definitely worth the price and knowing that I'm doing my skin a huge favor!
Kiki S.
Kiki S.
I always come back to this. I like to try different sunblocks and when they fail I always go back to this sunblock. It does leave a very noticeable white cast but it's sheer and lightweight and doesn't break me out. The downfall of this product is that it's very runny and absorbs quickly. Which you think is great but is a bit of a pain when trying to apply. I found the best way to apply this product is adding a few drops with my moisturizer and applies seamlessly.
shay M.
shay M.
I am always exposed to the sun and need something heavy duty, yet light enough for my sensitive and acne prone skin. You shake this item to mix it up, and apply a very small amount. It is milky and runny, but the best application I find is to pat it quickly into your skin, as if you would with a serum. It doesn't leave residue, and mattes my oily t-zone! I can apply makeup primer and everyday make up over it seamlessly! I love the smell (a light musk).
Thea A.
Thea A.
I love how this sunscreen doesn't make my skin oily! Being oil free definitely makes this sunscreen better than the other sunscreen from Shiseido. As someone who has oily skin, i try to limit the stuff I apply on my face. If I do apply a lot, I try to use very light products. This product is very light and doesn't feel heavy at all. It doesn't leave a white cast on my face, which is typical for sunscreens with very high SPF.

Very happy about this! ❤️
Kristine Michelle S.
Kristine Michelle S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have tried so many facial sunscreen, but this is still my favorite! I love how it glides on my skin. I love how my skin feels and how my makeup feels and looks. It doesn't leave a white cast, and this is also moisturizing. SPF 42 s perfect for me, because I use actives that make my skin photosensitive. I know salesclerks will say this is not for you if you active in sports and outdoor activities, but it will just as well because of the spf number.
Maria P.
Maria P.
Fremont, CA
HOLY GRAIL right here. Such a small bottle but worth every penny. It blends well over my moisturizer and I feel protected when wearing this product. It also absorbs excess oil and doesn't leave a greasy residue whatsoever. If you use the correct amount, you won't see a white cast either. I love that it's a physical SPF which makes me feel better not having to use a bunch of chemicals on my face. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!
Courtney B.
Courtney B.
I have very pale sensitive skin that's prone to irritation and breakout as well as sunburn, so finding a good facial sunscreen is very important. Shiseido is great because it doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts, and does a very good job of protecting me from sun damage. The one thing I don't like about this sunscreen is that it does leave a slightly white tint -- I don't need any help looking pale!
Paola G.
Paola G.
Laredo, TX
I'm looking for a good spf that doesn't leave a white cast and oily. I want to be able to wear my makeup on top of it throughout the day but still get the strongest protection from the son.
Jennifer N.
Jennifer N.
I keep hearing great reviews about this but is it really worth the price? Is it also a moisturizer or just a sunscreen?
Dre C.
Dre C.
Is there a white-cast when you put it on?
Heather H.
Heather H.
Acworth , GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this make your skin feel oily or heavy feeling? Or does it dry nice and light?
Christina A.
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Where can you buy this product?