BY SHISEIDO #31 in Facial Sunscreen

For Everyday Protection. An Ultra-light, Oil-free Sun Protection Lotion For The Face That Controls Excess Sebum And Gives Skin A Matte Appearance While Guarding Against Daily Environmental Aggressors. Promotes The Natural Beauty Of Skin By Protecting Against The Three Major Causes Of Skin Cell Damage – Uv Rays, Oxidation And Over-production Of Sebum – For Beautiful, Healthy-looking Skin.

How To Use:

Before Sun Exposure, Apply A Generous Amount Evenly To Face.

Purpose Octinoxate 4.9% - Sunscreen Octocrylene 3.0% - Sunscreen Zinc Oxide 12.5% - Sunscreen Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Sd Alcohol 40-b, Dipropylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Polybutylene Glycol/Ppg-9/1 Copolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Xylitol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Thiotaurine, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract, Ononis Spinosa Root Extract, Ectoin, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Edta, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Alumina, Bht, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Syzygium Jambos Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42
  • "My Skin: Sensitive, Combination & Acne Prone I use this product when I go to the beach only. It provides fantastic sun protection. I apply it before leaving the house and after swimming. This is the ONLY sun production for my face that does not cause breakouts. However, I can only use this once or twice per week (beach time). I do not wear makeup over it or anaything else. My normal day routine, includes a moisterizer and BB cream with SPF already in there. I tried using this product on a daily basis and I did breakout after a week. With other facial sunblocks, I brokeout before the day was over. If your face is not as acne prone as mine and you are looking for a good SPF, I highly recommend this product. Also, I bought mine a while ago at Sephora. However, I am finding it a lot at TJ Maxx & Marshalls for a fraction of the cost!!!!" in 45 reviews
  • "A little bit goes a long way." in 1 review
  • "I also have very sensitive skin and this product didn't irritate my skin at all." in 1 review
  • "I've never been one to use suncreen on my face because I would always break out due to the product being too oily, but this product does not break me out at all!!" in 1 review
  • "It was smaller than I expected it to be but a little goes a long way to this'll last me for a while." in 1 review
Kishaniah D.
Review for: 30 Ml/ Fl. 1 Oz more...
I got this yesterday and I tested it on my hands to see how it would hold up. First of all, the consistency is really runny, so be careful when you’re trying to squeeze some out. Don’t squeeze. Since the liquid is very thin, it’s very easy to blend and apply all over your skin. It dried to a very primer like texture, very smooth, almost like you applied powder on your skin. However, there was no grey cast. I’m not sure how it holds under makeup but on my hands, 7 hours later, it looked like I didn’t apply anything. It felt amazing. Upon rubbing my hands, it felt a little greasy (not oily greasy, but the good kind), so I know the product is still there.

Also, important to note that this is mostly a physical sunscreen with zinc oxide, although I think there’s a little bit of help from the chemicals to boost it up to spf 42.
Britney S.
Johnson City, TN
I really love this sunscreen! I use it after moisturizer before primer and it works perfectly. My favorite part about this product is that it’s not greasy at all! And it also doesn’t dry me out! It’s great for my combination skin. It’s great for summer on hot days because it leaves a matte finish and helps control oil. It doesn’t break me out which is always a plus as well. The only reason I didn’t give it 5 stars is because it does a little bit of a white cast but nothing horrible.
Jenna S.
Short Hills, NJ
Review for: 50 Ml more...
I got this product because it doesn’t smell like sunscreen which is a huge factor in choosing a daily spf. I guess I like the product just fine... but it is very watery and hard to apply and squeeze because I can’t control how much I’m getting. It’s so expensive for such a small amount that I would try to only use a little, but you really shouldn’t skimp of SPF! I like this product enough, but have found a cheaper version with more product, and a better consistency. Sorry!!
Claretny C.
Chesapeake, VA
There is definitely so much I love about this product. I’ve been using it daily for three months now, and even though it seems small, it lasts a LOT!!!!
It’s not oily, you just need a little bit of product (believe me) and it has no scent! You an put it under and over make up! And it feels megalightweight! For sure one of the best sunscreens I’ve ever tried! And overall I must say shiseido has many awesome products, specially wen it comes to suncare! Worth it you guys! ✨
MaryJane V.
Hayward , CA
Review for: 30 Ml/ Fl. 1 Oz more...
Love the light weight formula!!

Great by its self or under foundation. It also doubles as a primer. I used it on my T zone and the high points of my cheeks and it gives me a matte finish in those areas to reduce oil production.

This has a white watery consistency, very light weight. Very faint sunscreen scent.

I do wish you got a bit more product in it because I feel like I will go through it quickly. Especially with the warmer days ahead of us.
Paige M.
Review for: 50 Ml, 30 Ml/ Fl. 1 Oz more...
This stuff is great for under your makeup!!! I honestly never thought I’d find a sunscreen that actually worked so well under my makeup and actually worked at protecting my skin during a summer day, but alas- here she sits! Don’t get me wrong, it is a little expensive, but I personally feel that it’s worth it and a little goes a long way- who doesn’t want a facial sunscreen that doesn’t break you out?! Definitely recommend!
Jodi F.
Lockport , NY
I have oily skin, although in the winter it is combo oily. I bought this last summer and I used it under my makeup and as surprised that it didn't turn me into a grease ball! I used a thin layer, let it absorb and dry completely then went in with a pore filling matteifying Primer and of course a matte foundation. This was my routine 5 days out of each week. I didn't need to blot or touch up until 8 hours into the day once my natural oils came through or what I like to call "my natural glow" . This did not break me out at all as I do have acne prone skin. There is enough product in the bottle that I will be able to use it next summer as well. The packaging is sleek and and convenient to slip into an outside pocket of my purse or tote if I need to take it with me to apply on the go for no makeup days. I would definitely buy this again.
Lily L.
Valley Stream, NY
I'm certainly a budget-buyer but splurged on this for my birthday after reading the reviews, testing it in store, and having an unfortunate incident where my old stand-by Neutrogena's Breakout-Free SPF 110 began leaving white rings around my eyes, ears, and neck after running errands on a few hot days. Ugh. Like other reviewers said, the bottle is laughably tiny but the liquidy, nearly watery texture means a little goes a long way. It absorbs right in with no white cast (I'm about the color of Alicia Keys for reference), has a very pleasant, clean scent, and wears comfortably all day. It's not exactly mattifying on ultra-oily skin like mine but I don't know if a sunscreen product that exists can do that. The finish is more of a clean, hydrated, and balanced look and it supports oil-control. Still, I'm exceptionally pleased with my purchase. The real test will come when I take it to the beach!
dior A.
So much praises for this sunscreen! I only have two sunscreens and the other one is La Mer ( I use when I feel like it’s a special day. LOL). Going back, this sunscreen has a liquidy texture that sorta turns into powder/matte form once applied to the face. It works well under makeup. None of that greasy, tangy sunscreen scent. The SPF level is great too. Usually 30 is enough but the extra 12 doesn’t really hurt either. It may sound like it’s way too pricey for a small bottle but since the texture is very liquidy, you will only need a few drops thus making the bottle last for a few months (2-2 and a half for me).
Kathy H.
This is part of my daily routine! It isn’t oily and goes well even under foundation since it is extremely lightweight. A little bit goes a long way so it is definitely worth the price. I only gave it 4 stars because although it did the trick I don’t consider it a holy grail item - I’m still on the lookout for my sunscreen soulmate!
Dre C.
Is there a white-cast when you put it on?
Paola G.
Laredo, TX
I'm looking for a good spf that doesn't leave a white cast and oily. I want to be able to wear my makeup on top of it throughout the day but still get the strongest protection from the son.
Jennifer N.
I keep hearing great reviews about this but is it really worth the price? Is it also a moisturizer or just a sunscreen?
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Where can you buy this product?
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Has anyone tried this product and what did you think of it?