BY SHISEIDO #46 in Sunscreen

An oil-free daily protector with Uva/Uvb Broad Spectrum Protection. Protects against 3 major causes of skin cell damage: Uv Rays, oxidation and over production of sebum. This ultra-light formulation spreads smoothly and contains mineral powders and herbal extracts to maintain a pore-free and shine-free finish.

Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42
  • "I have really oily skin & it doesn't make my skin feel all oily & nasty like other products do." in 2 reviews
  • "A little bit goes a long way." in 1 review
  • "It was smaller than I expected it to be but a little goes a long way to this'll last me for a while." in 1 review
  • "I also have very sensitive skin and this product didn't irritate my skin at all." in 1 review
  • "I've never been one to use suncreen on my face because I would always break out due to the product being too oily, but this product does not break me out at all!!" in 1 review
Megan D.
Philadelphia, PA
This is my now go to sunscreen!! No oil, no mess and a little goes a long way. I know that no one wants to spend this kind of money on such a small bottle, but I use it every day and it’s lasted me almost a year! It is also true to SPF - I have VERY fair and sensitive skin and need a 30+ to keep me safe from UV. I’ve used this in vacation, at the beach etc for my face sunscreen and it does the trick every time / I never have to reapply all day either.
Lily L.
Valley Stream, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm certainly a budget-buyer but splurged on this for my birthday after reading the reviews, testing it in store, and having an unfortunate incident where my old stand-by Neutrogena's Breakout-Free SPF 110 began leaving white rings around my eyes, ears, and neck after running errands on a few hot days. Ugh. Like other reviewers said, the bottle is laughably tiny but the liquidy, nearly watery texture means a little goes a long way. It absorbs right in with no white cast (I'm about the color of Alicia Keys for reference), has a very pleasant, clean scent, and wears comfortably all day. It's not exactly mattifying on ultra-oily skin like mine but I don't know if a sunscreen product that exists can do that. The finish is more of a clean, hydrated, and balanced look and it supports oil-control. Still, I'm exceptionally pleased with my purchase. The real test will come when I take it to the beach!
T K.
Boston,MA
My HG sunscreen for summer times, I use it everyday. Doesn't leave my face sticky and doesn't leave me with whitw marks. Almost never lets me down! Doesn't give you that icky feeling when sweat a little bit. I think it's a great sheer sunacreen. As a plus I happen to find it Marshalls for cheaper once in a while and stock it up! Please, please never discontinue it!
dior A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
So much praises for this sunscreen! I only have two sunscreens and the other one is La Mer ( I use when I feel like it’s a special day. LOL). Going back, this sunscreen has a liquidy texture that sorta turns into powder/matte form once applied to the face. It works well under makeup. None of that greasy, tangy sunscreen scent. The SPF level is great too. Usually 30 is enough but the extra 12 doesn’t really hurt either. It may sound like it’s way too pricey for a small bottle but since the texture is very liquidy, you will only need a few drops thus making the bottle last for a few months (2-2 and a half for me).
Linh V.
This product is okay! It has your typical sunscreen smell and consistency. I got this at Sephora, the packaging is nice and sleek. Great for travel! Not good for applying under makeup! I would use on the days I’m doing a quick outdoor activity.
Ani A.
Pittsburgh
This is my go to sunscreen for when I am traveling somewhere tropical where I know I will be getting more than the usual amount of sun and spending a lot of time outdoors. I like that it doesn't feel heavy or oily on my skin and wears great under makeup. The only thing I will say about this which I don't love is that it is difficult to reapply when swimming/getting wet because it leaves a film of white on your face. Other than that, fantastic product under makeup.
Larissa F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Best product I have ever put on my skin! Very “watery” and it spreads easily. Smells like rich people, it doesn’t leave your skin sticky or white. You can put make up over and it won’t look bad. Amazing! Simple and cute container. Very pricey and very small container but it lasts around 3-4 months if you wear it daily. Awesome. I seriously can’t leave without it .
L F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been using this oilfree one from Shiseido for years and it is the best product to go under makeup. It doesn't clog the pores and that little bottle lasts forever and ever. I love the regular ones for summer by the pool and they also have a new one for sensitive skin and kids that I use for my 2 year old baby❤Thank you Shiseido for having greatest sunblocks ever️
Daisy N.
El Monte, CA
I absolutely love this product! I love that it's mineral, non-whitening, non-oily, and has a matte finish! I generally don't like wearing sunscreens because of the oily feeling on my skin as well as the scent, but this product is the complete opposite! The only downside about the product is the price; it's quite pricey for not a lot of product.
Taki V.
Austin, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this sunscreen! It's very fluid, so it's easy to spread around your face. It does have a bit of a pink tint, but it looks like a natural flush and I always wear it under my makeup anyway. It's pretty expensive though, and be careful of rubbing your eyes when wearing this! I've somehow rubbed some into them and it stings!
Paola G.
Laredo, TX
I'm looking for a good spf that doesn't leave a white cast and oily. I want to be able to wear my makeup on top of it throughout the day but still get the strongest protection from the son.
Jennifer N.
I keep hearing great reviews about this but is it really worth the price? Is it also a moisturizer or just a sunscreen?
Dre C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is there a white-cast when you put it on?
Heather H.
Acworth , GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this make your skin feel oily or heavy feeling? Or does it dry nice and light?
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone tried this product and what did you think of it?