Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42

For everyday protection. An ultra-light, oil-free sun protection lotion for the face that controls excess sebum and gives skin a matte appearance while guarding against daily environmental aggressors. Promotes the natural beauty of skin by protecting against the three major causes of skin cell damage – UV rays, oxidation and over-production of sebum – for beautiful, healthy-looking skin.

How To Use:

Before Sun Exposure, Apply A Generous Amount Evenly To Face.

Purpose Octinoxate 4.9% - Sunscreen Octocrylene 3.0% - Sunscreen Zinc Oxide 12.5% - Sunscreen Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Sd Alcohol 40-b, Dipropylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Polybutylene Glycol/Ppg-9/1 Copolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Xylitol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Thiotaurine, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract, Ononis Spinosa Root Extract, Ectoin, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Edta, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Alumina, Bht, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Syzygium Jambos Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

¿Puedo poner esté producto antes de mi maekup?
Does anyone know if this product comes sealed? Just wanted to make sure since the one I purchased online from Sephora - the box was opened and there was product on the rim of the dispenser
Does this have bad flash back?
Start your review of Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“My Skin: Sensitive, Combination & Acne Prone I use this product when I go to the beach only. It provides fantastic sun protection. I apply it before leaving the house and after swimming. This is the ONLY sun production for my face that does not cause breakouts. However, I can only use this once or twice per week (beach time). I do not wear makeup over it or anaything else. My normal day routine, includes a moisterizer and BB cream with SPF already in there. I tried using this product on a daily basis and I did breakout after a week. With other facial sunblocks, I brokeout before the day was over. If your face is not as acne prone as mine and you are looking for a good SPF, I highly recommend this product. Also, I bought mine a while ago at Sephora. However, I am finding it a lot at TJ Maxx & Marshalls for a fraction of the cost!!!!” in reviews
“I also have very sensitive skin and this product didn't irritate my skin at all.” in reviews
“It was smaller than I expected it to be but a little goes a long way to this'll last me for a while.” in reviews
“A little bit goes a long way.” in reviews
“I've never been one to use suncreen on my face because I would always break out due to the product being too oily, but this product does not break me out at all!!” in reviews
Greenacres, WA
I found this at a discount store and decided to try it, and (un)fortunately I love it and will have to pay the hefty price tag for more when mine is gone. On the upside, I think this will last me quite awhile because I don't have to use much at a time. It is a very thin formula, which I love, because it is not heavy at all on the skin. It works great under makeup, and leaves my skin matte without any greasiness. I have fairly dry skin too, so I imagine people with oily skin might love it even more. It also does what it's supposed to, and my face has never gotten burned while wearing it. The only downside for me is the price. I never imagined I would pay $35 for a sunscreen. I would recommend this to anyone! Also, make sure and shake the bottle well before use.
Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 uploaded by Stefanie S.
Purchased at: Sephora
This is one of my most repurchased skincare items. I like this sunscreen because it's easy. It comes in a compact, ball-shaker, bottle and has enough product in it to last a long time. The texture is a thin fluid that comes out white and blends almost all the way in and sets to a natural skin-like finish. It has a light fragrancey-sunscreeny smell that doesn't last very long. It doesn't disturb any moisturizer underneath, and lays great with makeup on top. I continue to repurchase because even my picky boyfriend doesn't mind wearing it, which is a big deal!!
I LOVE this sunscreen from Shiseido! It's one of my go-tos! The texture is thin and fairly runny but not too liquidy. It spreads really easily so I don't have to pull on tug to move it around my face like I've had to do with other sunscreens. It's light weight and oil free and my sensitive skin reacted well using it daily. The only con for me is that the container is a bit on the small side...but a little goes a long way so it still lasts quite a while. It absorbs quickly which is also a bonus! I recommend this product and continue to repurchase it!
Purchased at: Sephora
I LOVE THIS SUNSCREEN!!! I have been using Shiseido sunscreen for many years. My skin is combination, and often my t-zone is oily. This sunscreen is light and oil free. It’s easy to apply and won’t feel heavy at all. Good for all seasons. Some of my friends said this sunscreen was a little bit too white when applying to face, to me it was a little bit white in the beginning, but the whiteness disappeared after a few mins. Your skin still looks like your normal skin color. If you have combination of oily skins I truly recommend you to try this.
Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 uploaded by Kylie P.
This is my all time, favorite skincare product. A holy grail. It is very liquidy, (essentially and essence) with great sun protection. The packaging comes in a small container with a narrow tube, so it's easy application and you don't lose product. When applied on the skin, it absorbs right away and feels like nothing. Your skin will be velvety smooth, and look amazing. No white cast either; quite pricey, but very worth it.
Round Rock, TX
I thought this was more of an SPF moisturizer, but it's definitely more like a sunscreen only so I put on moisturizer before. The product itself is one of my favorite sun screens. It's more thin and watery than thick and greasy. It applies smoothly, and it doesn't break me out or cause skin irritation. Most importantly, it protects from the sun. It's pricey, but I like the container it comes in because it's thick plastic that is easy to stash in a purse or backpack without worrying about squishing it and spilling sunscreen everywhere.
Spartanburg , SC
Purchased at: Sephora
I received a full size bottle of this in a Sun Safety kit from Sephora. This sunscreen is phenomenal. It is super lightweight, oil free, and applies easily. This doesn't affect my makeup in any way. The consistency is almost like a serum. The sunscreen is water resistant for 40 minutes. Definitely recommend this.
Atlanta, GA
I like this sunscreen a lot for use under makeup. It is oil free, and stays matte underneath your makeup all day. It almost feels like a primer. You don’t get that greasy feel or shine that you would get with other sunscreens.

The texture is a bit difficult to manipulate and I find that it gives me a bit of a white tinge to my skin. It is a little matte for me, especially when my skin is already dry. However, overall I think this is a great product.

Indio, CA
Great sunscreen- especially if you are oily and acne prone! Has a light, watery consistency and a little goes a long way. Does not leave a white cast on my skin tone (I am half Iranian with medium- dark olive skin). Works perfectly under makeup. I wish it wasn't so pricey because the bottle is very small, but I must not mind too much because I keep buying it over and over! A staple for me.  Shiseido Multi-Defense UV Protector SPF 50 PA+++
Alexandria, VA
Purchased at: Macy's
I was able to try out this sunscreen from a sample at a Macy’s wedding event. The small bottle I got lasted a surprisingly long time so the full size will be great for long term use. The formula is very thing and watery, but that means that the white cast is minimal and you don’t have to work it into the skin. It wears comfortably with no adverse reactions to my combination, acne prone skin. No breakouts during my time using it and no sunburns, but i didn’t use It during any prolonged outdoor time.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...