BY SHISEIDO

For everyday protection. An ultra-light, oil-free sun protection lotion for the face that controls excess sebum and gives skin a matte appearance while guarding against daily environmental aggressors. Promotes the natural beauty of skin by protecting against the three major causes of skin cell damage – UV rays, oxidation and over-production of sebum – for beautiful, healthy-looking skin.

• Water Resistant (40 minutes)
  • Easily removes with daily cleanser.

After application:

• 95% of women felt a the texture was feather-light.

After applying foundation:

• 94% of women felt the formula promotes a smoother application of foundation.
  • 97% of women felt their foundation had a beautiful finish.

Skin Type: All skin types. Dermatologist-tested. Ophthalmologist-tested. Non-comedogenic.

HOW TO USE

Before sun exposure, apply a generous amount evenly to face.

KEY INGREDIENTS

• Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract helps reduce the look of visible pores.
  • Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract helps promote the appearance of youthful-looking skin.*in vitro

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Purpose OCTINOXATE 4.9% - Sunscreen OCTOCRYLENE 3.0% - Sunscreen ZINC OXIDE 12.5% - Sunscreen INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: WATER, DIMETHICONE, ISODODECANE, SD ALCOHOL 40-B, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL/PPG-9/1 COPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, XYLITOL, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, THIOTAURINE, SCUTELLARIA BAICALENSIS ROOT EXTRACT, PAEONIA ALBIFLORA ROOT EXTRACT, ONONIS SPINOSA ROOT EXTRACT, ECTOIN, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, HYDROGEN DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ALUMINA, BHT, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, SYZYGIUM JAMBOS LEAF EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL, PHENOXYETHANOL, BENZOIC ACID, FRAGRANCE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA

Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 42
  • "I have been looking for months for a sunscreen that doesn't leave a white cast, makes me look oily, or cause my skincare/foundation that I apply before or after it to pill up and I am happy to say I finally found it!😍 There is a good balance of moisturizer that I don't feel like I applied sunscreen on my face (no mask feeling here!) and I have to say my skin looks radiant! It makes applying makeup afterwards much more smoother. This product is scented with Shiseido's signature fragrance that they use on all their products but it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin or my eyes. I actually like the scent a lot because it isn't overpowering like other Asian skincare brands. It gives off a matte appearance so you won't look oily or greasy and actually softens your skin. I have acne prone skin so this sunscreen is perfect for me because it's non-comedogenic and I don't have to worry it will clog my pores. I haven't had issues of it causing more breakouts. The bottle is on the small side but if you are only using this for your face it should last at least 2 months. The formula is like a skin milk too so you just have to softly squeeze the bottle to get a few drops out to cover your entire face. The top is similar to eye drops. Don't squeeze too hard like you would with typical sunscreens or you will squirt too much and have no way to put it back. I like how it's compact to easily fit in purse and travel with it so I can re-apply if needed. I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a high spf sunscreen that doesn't feel like sunscreen and more like a moisturizer and those who have sensitive/acne skin type." in 3 reviews
Amy W.
San leandro
I use this everyday after my serum and gel moisturizer. I bought the mini to make sure I like it because it’s a bit pricey. I love the fact it is oil free and it doesn’t run during the day. It stays out and it’s high spf which I looove. Once I run out I’m definitely buying again. It doesn’t break me out it’s super lightweight and a little goes along way. I really enjoy the packaging as well. So cute, this is the best.
Rebecca M.
Saint Petersburg
I really enjoy this sunscreen. This sunscreen is a very liquidy consistency which makes it perfect for blending all over my face after I moisturize. I apply this daily in the morning and it wears wonderfully under my makeup and doesn't effect it. I purchased this in contrast to other facial SPF's due to it drying matte which it does. It's small for the price but does as it claims and I'm happy with it.
N E S T O R M.
Carrollton, TX
OMG! I purchased TWO for the price of ONE during ULTAs 21 days of beauty!!! I LOVE this sunscreen!!! I would repurchase at full price if I have to! That’s how much I love it! Super lightweight, doesn’t mess with my foundations or finish of them, smells interesting but not gross like others! It is super important for me to keep sunscreens in stock, especially as we get close to the summer! Lovely brand and high quality products!
Alison W.
Los Angeles
Having a light olive skin tone and combination skin, facial sunscreens are a challenge. Pleasantly surprised that this didn’t leave a horrible white cast and that it left my skin matte once applied. Honestly, I feel like this sunscreen keeps my oiliness in check throughout the day. Highly recommend this as a great daily face sunscreen.
Lisa S.
Los Angeles
This product was very portable and light on my skin. Typical sunscreen runs the risk of being tacky and smelly, but this sunscreen was light (almost runny), with a slight but unnoticeable scent. It glided onto my skin very easily and was easy to pair with makeup.
S O.
4 stars because it is protective and does what it says it will, BUT there is a bit of a white cast and it’s extremely runny so it gets a little messy. Also, I would NOT recommend this for dry skinned people because it is crazy matte.
Brittany C.
San Francisco, CA
This sunscreen is a water based sunscreen so it doesn’t have a lotion-feel much like other sunscreens on the market. You need to shake the bottle well before use. I love how light it feels on my skin and I use it underneath my normal makeup and foundation routine. It’s a small bottle with a lot of product so it’s great for traveling as well. It does leave somewhat of a white cast on my face after I’ve applied it but I think if you use less of it, you should be good.
Jamie C.
Warren
This is a beautiful sunscreen. I was never one for sunscreen till I got older. "I know I know lol" but I got this at first in a sephora point to reward. I will admit when I first applied it. I freaked it kinda da made me look bluefish white... .but it disappeared "the weird pigment" and melted into my skin and disappeared beautifully and went well under my shiseido moisturizer no weird layering like some sunscreens do. A definite repurchase!!❤️
Christianne R.
Swampscott, MA
One of the few sunscreens that don’t make my eyes burn and water like crazy. I wear this every day under my tinted moisturizer or foundation. No breakouts, and effective (I know this since my face stays pale and freckle-free during the summer when I wear this daily).
Sara W.
hinsdale
This is a very high quality basic sunscreen that I use for my face every time I go out. If you have fair skin this is for you. It is on the pricey side but it is worth it. It is a shake bottle and a good sized packaging.
Kathy C.