BY SHISEIDO #63 in Sunscreen

Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion+ SPF 50+, 100 ml Beauty Shop by Category - Skin Care see more...

• I have a hard time with sunscreen and love Shiseido, so I am eager ...1 Answers
  • Does this leave your face feeling heavy and "clogged" like some fac...1 Answers
  • Is this really the best product with such a high SPF on the market?2 Answers
Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion+ SPF 50+
  • "Prior to using this product, I never used sunscreen on my face because I hated the way sunscreen felt on my face; all thick and greasy." in 1 review
  • "It blocks sun and doesn't make skin look white or greasy. " in 1 review
  • "My fair skin needs something that really works and this is it." in 1 review
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.
I don't have a lot of beauty favorites and am really not one to rave about products.
The Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion is really nice. I love this product and it's genuinely my favorite sunscreen on the market.
I initally thought it was going to be greasy when I felt the consistency out of the bottle.
When I put it on my face, it went on really nicely and seemed to protect well.
I primarily use this sunscreen on my face, chest and shoulders due to the price.
It is one of the few that I can find that do not irritate my skin.
Pros: really nice lotion, non greasy with good protection. Even on kids, no irritation
Cons: Some folks would say price, but I really believe this product is a quality product and is priced accordingly. Yep, I cannot buy it regularly due to price, but I don't have buyer's remorse when I do pick up this products because I know I'm getting a really nice product.
I highly recommend this sunscreen.
Christine K.
Christine K.
Began using this sunblock and not a huge fan, but like how it has a strong SPF. Could use it on your face and body which is nice but I've only really used it on my face. The consistency is super liquid-y, which isn't bad but is annoying because the sunblock gets all over the top/lid. Leaves a slight white sheen on my skin (and I'm pale) but it eventually fades as it sets in for me. Because of the thin consistency the sunblock does go on lightly and is not heavy like other creamier sunblocks. There is a sunblock smell but not too overpowering in my opinion. Overall an okay product and might buy again considering.
Betty Z.
Betty Z.
Los Angeles, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really wanted to like this product especially for the price you pay. it's definitely good - lightweight and water-y formula which i like since sunscreen is already a pain to apply. nobody wants to have to apply a thick goopy layer. my only con against this product is that it does that a slight tinge of "sunscreen" smell which to be fair, it is sunscreen. however, i personally don't like the sunscreen smell so i wish it had a better scent or even no scent to it.
Anna K.
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
This sunscreen is awesome. It absorbs in really quickly with no white cast or sticky feeling and doesn't break me out even in the summer months. I've had issues with other sunscreens stinging my eyes when I sweat but this doesn't do that at all, even after a long summer run. Its a little pricey but you get more volume for the price than other high end sunscreens. I wear it religiously everyday, and don't skimp on application and it lasts me about 4 months.
Connie W.
Connie W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
The texture is a thin watery liquid you have to shake well so the sunscreen doesn't come out separated. It has a fragrance that's not unpleasant. As a facial sunscreen this kind of broke me out. Since it's water resistant it isn't ideal if your pores are easily clogged like mine, and keep in mind that water resistant sunscreens should be double cleansed at night. As a body sunscreen it's great, just need to dot it and spread it evenly all over.
Danielle P.
Danielle P.
Las Vegas, NV
I live in Vegas, and the heat and sun can be unbearable. I use this product in my skincare routine whenever I need to go outside, and it's amazing. It doesn't feel sticky like other sunscreens. It's a bit pricey but definitely worth it. I only use this on my face because I don't want to waste the bottle, but if I could, I would use it on my whole body since it doesn't feel tacky or sticky and doesn't make me feel greasy.
H S.
H S.
First high end sun screen I have purchased. I have been pleased with it, although it doesn't do well under makeup for me but it could also be the foundation (Revlon Colorstay) I'm using. But I have been using this for when I'm not wearing makeup and laying out in the sun. Didn't sting my eyes the one time I accidentally got some in my eye, I was surprised. Also its not greasy feeling which my oily skin appreciates.
Alejandra M.
Alejandra M.
I am a big fan of Shiseido brand, I love their powder and makeup but I was a bit disappointed with this sun screen. I love how most of their products are so light on my skin and I can barely notice I have any on, however, the sun screen felt too liquidy and made my face look very oily. I love a sunscreen that I can wear under my makeup and don't make my face sweat. I love shiseido, I am not a fan of this product.
Court D.
Court D.
Waipahu, HI
If I had to pick only one type of sunscreen to use for the rest of my life. It would be this one. It's not thick or sticky going on so you don't need to rub it in forever. It also lasts a really long time even if you go in the water. It smells good and has great protection. I decrease the number of sunburns by using this. I live in Hawaii and have naturally fair skin so this is important.
Vivian T.
Vivian T.
Hilo, HI
I have been using this for years but decided to switch to the Shiseido sunscreen wetforce since my skin is on the dryer side at some parts. I love this because of the high SPF but it does take a bit of effort to blend it evenly on the face especially when you have dry skin. I am hesitant to tug too much on my skin because I don't want it to sag or get wrinkles later.
Iris T.
Iris T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I wanted to try this for a trip that I'm going on in the Caribbean.. How is this product, is it really greasy and does it cover for a long time?
Bethany D.
Bethany D.
New Bedford, MA
Is it worth buying this product for the high cost it is? Or is it like any other sunblock?
Olena S.
Olena S.
Is this really the best product with such a high SPF on the market?
Rebeca G.
Rebeca G.
Los angeles , CA
I have a hard time with sunscreen and love Shiseido, so I am eager to try this. Has anyone had experience with any breakouts using this on their face?
Linh V.
Linh V.
Does this leave your face feeling heavy and "clogged" like some facial sunscreens tend to do?