Shiseido Senka Mineral UV Gel SPF50 PA+++

Shiseido Senka Mineral UV Gel SPF50 PA+++ is a UV gel which pursued a strong ultraviolet rays prevention effect and protect skin from damage such as drying by ultraviolet rays. It is fresh in texture which is easily spread through the skin and does not stay white. By baby powder combination, the touch such as the skin of the baby who said that it is smooth continues quickly. How to Use Shake well before use. Apply 30 minutes before sun exposure. Repeat every two hours. Made in Japan

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Shiseido Senka Mineral UV Gel SPF50 PA+++!
Sarah A.
Purchased at: Sephora
A good price point and a reliable sunscreen. Felt a little oily but didn’t leave a white cast or anything.
Dani A.
Purchased at: ULTA
The gel is not as good as the cream/serum in the yellow tube. But Shiseido has some of the best sunscreen formula out there. I would recommend this for oily skin not so much for dry skin types. It is still a good sunscreen though.
Emily M.
If I could give this 10 stars I would. Holy cow this is the best facial sunscreen I have ever used. It dries well, isn't oily, doesn't break me out, goes smoothly under make up, smells nice (very faint, but very nice), and is SPF 50!!! I could go on and on about it. I will never buy a different sunscreen again.
Catherine D.
Baltimore
This applies slightly sticky which makes it tough for makeup to go on over top, even with a separate primer. Good value, nice packaging but wouldn’t repurchase.
Rachel A.
Mascoutah, IL
This is the best sunscreen I've tried. It provides excellent sun protection without looking greasy or leaving a white cast. It absorbs quickly and doesn't dry or irritate my skin. It also works well under makeup.
Kristina G.
Tucson, AZ
Love this stuff! I get it on Amazon and it's so worth it to order from overseas. It doesn't smell weird, dries matte, plays nice under my makeup, and protects my skin. I've never gotten a sunburn on my face while using this stuff! If only I could remember to apply sunscreen to my body as dilligently...
Taylor W.
Holy Grail. I love how smooth it goes on. You have to wait for your moisturizer to dry first or it will pill! ,Edit: No longer my holy Grail of spf, but still worth looking into!
Clodagh ..
UK
Shiseido Senka Mineral UV Gel SPF50 PA+++ uploaded by Clodagh ..
I have combination skin but I love switching to this sunscreen in the warmer months, as my skin tends to be oiler. It is lightweight & sinks right into the skin, it has a natural finish not matte or dewy. It does contain alcohol so if your sensitive to that maybe stay away from this.
sarah F.
WALLINGTON, WALLINGTON
I was really excited to try this because of the reviews and the videos I watched, plus it was a really low price. Shiseido is also a well-known J beauty brand. Out of all the Asian sunscreens I have tried, this one has the best texture, and it feels very soft and smooth and reminds me of a primer. This makes sense as looking at the ingredient list, the 1st ingredient is a silicone, and in fact, there are a few silicones in this.Shiseido - Hada-Senka Mineral Water UV Protector SPF 50 has a lightweight texture and does spread very easily, even with the silicones, it absorbed well into the skin although it takes a bit of patting. Initial application leaves the skin looking hydrated and dewy but not oily but this dries down throughout the day. The SPF leaves a soft powdery matte feel to the skin and whilst it doesn’t pill, I find around my eyebrows I can see a tiny bit of piling. The powdery finish makes my skin look dry so I tend to use another SPF at middayThis sunscreen is invisible on dark skin although there have been times where I felt like my skin looked a bit dull. I also found when I used this on my arms, there was a very very slight cast, something I can definitely get away with but they did look dry.I find the texture of this SPF very pleasant and out of the others, I have tried this is my favourite. I haven’t used this as a primer but I imagine it would be an excellent one because if the silicones in it. If you are someone who doesn’t like silicones in their products I would stay away from this. It hasn’t clogged my pores or irritated my skin and there have been a few times in the past month I went to bed without double cleansing or washing my face( I know! In my defence I was sick!)I think this will be great for oily skin because of the finish. In the summer, my skin usually becomes oilier however it hasn’t done that so far so I do not appreciate the finish as much at the moment. I will repurchase this.It’s a small bottle which will make it perfect for reapplication on the go, 40ml lasted about a month, I use a lot of sunscreen!
Patricia B.
Port Dover, ON
it works great with all of my other skincare, primers, and foundations. I do always wait 7-10 minutes after applying SPF, in that time I finish getting ready and multitask so I'm not just waiting and wasting time. I think a lot of people complain about SPF pilling with other products, but the waiting time is key. I have tried at least a dozen sunscreens, Western and Korean, and if you wait at least 10 minutes, you can pretty much do anything. This has no white cast. I prefer the anti-aging one in the yellow container, but this one works great as well!

Looking for your answer?