BY SHISEIDO

Prime skin and erase imperfections for a beautiful, natural finish and improve the wear of your foundation. Fills fine lines, counteracts dullness, redness and unevenness to leave skin smooth, refined, bright and even.

Non-Comedogenic. Dermatologist-Tested.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Purpose OCTINOXATE 4.9% - Sunscreen TITANIUM DIOXIDE 7.4% - Sunscreen INACTIVE INGREDIENTS:CYCLOMETHICONE, WATER, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, SILICA, GLYCERIN, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PEG/PPG-36/41 DIMETHYL ETHER, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL, ALUMINUM DISTEARATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ISOSTEARIC ACID, TRISODIUM EDTA, DIPENTAERYTHRITYL HEXAHYDROXYSTEARATE, POLYSILICONE-2, BHT, TOCOPHEROL, METHICONE, TETRADECENE, PHENOXYETHANOL, IRON OXIDES, MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE

• Could this be used in place of a sunscreen?2 Answers
Shiseido Refining Primer Makeup
  • "the shiseido refining makeup primer is by far my favourite makeup primer, ever! i have tried every primer out there in the market and honestly nothing beats this primer. most primers aren't hydrating enough for me as i have very dry skin so, i was looking for a very hydrating primer that would even out my pores. i was shopping in england and i received the shiseido primer as a sample and to be honest, i had no idea that shiseido even made makeup products, as i thought it was a skincare line. i fell in love with it the moment i put it on. this cream/beige coloured lotion goes on sheer but sometimes has a whitish hue to it and absorbs well into the skin, and creates a soft, matte finish. it has a tacky texture to it which is perfect for primers as it holds the makeup to your skin. the primer has no smell to it which is a huge plus point for me, as i am very sensitive to smells, and you only need a small amount of product to cover your entire face (a little goes a long way)! the shiseido primer hides my pores and it keeps skin smooth and shine-free pretty much all day long. my makeup stays on all day without smudging (try adding a mist to it to really set your makeup!). also, it's very hydrating for my skin and doesn't leave any dry patches like some other primer's have. a good makeup primer should last during any extreme weather and this product delivers! during the cold in canada, it still makes my skin look even and healthy and i can say the same for extreme heat as well (during my vacation, i was in the desert and my makeup did not budge once!). the only downside to this products is that the version we get in canada doesn't have spf in it, which is a must! i cannot understand why more makeup products for foundation and primers don't have spf already built into it. so, if you want the spf version then you will have to buy this is the us or europe......shiseido please bring this to canada!" in 5 reviews
Kimberly Lukacs L.
Naples
Goes on smooth and even had a nice smell. I put on then let it set for a few minutes. Then apply makeup or tinted sunscreen. I use my setting dust good for the day. This primer puts a glow on my fa ce and feels nice and cool as well. I feel great wearing this brand. Can be a little pricey but for than glow and feel it's worth it.
Jocelyn J.
Washington, DC
I received a free sample of this product at some point (maybe Sephora? or it came in a Birchbox a while back? who knows) and decided to give it a try. I've been using it for a little over 3 weeks and I must say that I am less than impressed by this product. While my skin feels smoother when I use it, I'm not convinced that it is actually blurring the appearance of my pores or "refining" anything. I also think that it has a tint that tends to lighten the skin, though I always use it under foundation. Regardless, my makeup has been holding up quite well with it. However, I haven't found it to be any better than the primer I was using previously.
Ciara A.
I absolutely love this stuff! I wear it daily! The cream is not too thick and it doesn't make your face feel oily. I have combination skin and this stuff tends to lean more on the drier side. I bought this online from Sephora and I would recommend it to others.
Brittnie A.
This has to be the best primer/ unscreen I have ever used!! I'm soooo hooked on this stuff!! It doesn't feel greasy or oily and soaks into the skin quickly witch is a big plus for me when I'm in a hurry. It also helps keep my face mate.
Cindy S.
CASTROVILLE, CA
This is the 1st face primer I have ever tried. I got a sample of it. I like that it makes my skin super smooth, and it keeps my make up matte. However, it does not refine my pores as I would like. It helps a little. It also helps my makeup from sinking into my laugh lines. What I recently found out is that it has spf, which is a plus. I like it over all.
Lucia L.
Norwalk, Ca
I like it it makes my skin super smooth and feel hydrated I just think it's a little pricey that's why I don't but it all the time , leaves my skin natural I would say
Sky S.
I have oily skin and this primer helps my makeup stay matte especially for nights out. I have also used it in place of sunscreen on vacation to perfect my skin on its own.
Frances S.
Del Valle, Tx
I love this product and can't live without it. I always feel like if I wear this product than my makeup is gonna look great all day and night. #winning
Brittany A.
Shaw Afb, SC
My mother in law gifted me with this product because I was looking for a new primer. This primer makes my skin feel like silk. I love it.
Diana M.
San Jose, CA
This is my favorite primer but this thing is like a luxury to me to be honest because of the price..
Laura B.
Could this be used in place of a sunscreen?