BY SHISEIDO

Shiseido Pureness Deep Cleansing Foam, 3.6 oz Beauty Shop by Category - Skin Care see more...

• Compared to the other brands and forms. Is this a good one to pur...3 Answers
  • I just bought a cute little mini set with this cleanser, long ter...3 Answers
  • Hiw many years this cleanser can last before it expires??1 Answers
Buy on Bloomin...
Shelly W.
Shelly W.
San Jose, CA
I’ve used this cleanser back in middle school and I remember liking it a little bit back then. This isn’t an acne-controlling cleanser by any means, it’s just formulated for oilier skin. Since it’s formulated for oily skin, the ingredients aren’t exactly as gentle and might actually end up be drying for those of you with drier skin.

I like this cleanser because a nickel-sized amount can lather up very nicely and produce a rather thick, dense foam. I like cleansers that can create a dense foam because it decreases the amount of friction and damage that you cause to your skin when you rub your face with your hands. The thick foam serves as a buffer between your skin and your hands, so when you’re washing your face, your hands aren’t really even touching your skin directly.

This cleanser doesn’t use your standard sodium laureth sulfate as a cleansing/foaming agent. Instead, it uses stearic acid, which is surfactant that can reduce surface tension in water and allow it to attach to oils and dirt on your face so they can be rinsed away. It also contains myristic acid, which is a type of fatty acid that can be found in nutmeg, palm oil, coconut oil, or butter fat. It helps as a facial moisturizer as well as a cleansing agent. This cleanser also contains glycerin as one of it’s top ingredients, so theoretically this cleanser isn’t as drying as some other “oily, acne-prone skin” cleansers are.

I really like the cleansing power of this product, it leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean. My skin feels a little bit tight afterwards though, so I do think that this product can be a bit drying for those of you dry or normal skin. I’m okay with it though, it doesn’t make my skin oilier or anything so it doesn’t seem to be stripping away all of my skin’s natural oils.

Something to note is that this cleanser does have little blue beads in it. It isn’t enough to really give an exfoliating effect in it though, so if you need exfoliation, don’t depend on this cleanser alone.

Also, this product does have a slight fragrance to it – it has a hint of menthol in it, which also gives this cleanser a cooling effect on the skin when you use it. I generally only massage for about 10 seconds before I wash it off. The cooling effect might bother some of you though and I can imagine that it might even irritate open acne wounds, if your skin is sensitive to it. It doesn’t bother my skin though.
Poo T.
Poo T.
Before you even finish reading this review you should get up and go BUY it immediately! This is the BEST face wash in the WORLD! This gets the job done and more! Never leaves your skin feeling harsh or dry. After every use I like to run my finger over my face just to hear the squeaky clean sound. Gets rid of dirt, makeup and oils. I was so impressed by this product that I compared it side by side, I washed one side of face with this cleansing foam and I didn't wash the other side of my face; oh my I was shocked with the differences I saw, this product is beyond amazing plus Shiseido is one of the oldest cosmetic companies in the world! GO GO GO buy it NOW!
Janice L.
Janice L.
This Pureness line has absolutely changed my skin. I'm in my 30s and have only used drugstore cetaphil until all of a sudden I started experiencing cystic acne and lots of oil production. Now I have less break outs and less oil production. I used to look like i slabbed on vaseline all over my face by lunchtime. Not anymore. This cleanser is very gentle, yet leaves my skin super squeaky clean, to the point that when I wash it off it squeaks from my lightly rubbing my face with water. I just make sure to hydrate afterwards so everything stays balanced.
Sonia R.
Sonia R.
Riverside, CA
I would give this cleanser more stars but as I have gotten older i need something that is more moisturizing,. It does a great job in cleaning the skin and I would completely recommend for 16- 24 year olds. The next line SKINcare or benefiance is better for the older crowd but nothing beats Shiseido skincare. it is a Japanese company that really takes its time with the skincare lines. I used to be a MUA for the brand years ago while going to college and this brand cleared my skin up !
Antonia J.
Antonia J.
Urbana, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is hands down my favorite cleanser! I love this cleanser! It's great for combo to oily skin. Shiseido's motto should be a little bit goes a long way. All of the Shiseido products are powerful enough to just use a little bit. This cleanser is potent enough to balance out the dry an oily zones without stripping the skin. This cleanser starts out creamy and then foams with water. You will love it! Remember only use a little bit 😊
Stephanee S.
Stephanee S.
Recently bought this at my local Sephora inside JCP because of all of the crazy amount of good reviews it had on the Sephora website. My skin was doing good and BAM.. Once I started using it I broke out all along my tzone. If I used it at night, in the morning I would wake up and my skin would be HORRIBLY oily. The moment I stopped using it was the moment my skin cleared back up. Ended up returning and do not recommend.
Linda B.
Linda B.
Wichita , KS
I didn't think I would like this cleanser and I was even a little skeptical in trying it. I am glad I did though because I am in love with it. My skin feels super clean and amazing after using it. I like how clean it makes my skin feel without being super harsh. It kind of has a slight cooling sensation which is nice. The price is very good and reasonable. I would recommend this for anybody with an oily skin type.
Nikol K.
Nikol K.
Bronx , NY
I am absolutely in love with this product! First off, the smell itself is amazing and the texture on my face is perfect. It's a bit pricey but definitely worth it because of how gentle and perfect it is. I'd definitely recommend it and its perfect for not only moisturizing the skin and cleaning it, but it also gets makeup off perfectly and feels so nice and relaxed on the skin leaving it perfectly balanced.
Brittney F.
Brittney F.
This cleanser is amaaaaazing for oily-combo acne prone skin. My skin is very sensitive, but it didn't react at all when I used this. It smells very nice and makes my skin feel clean and soft afterwards. A little goes a long way when using this. I have the 75 mL bottle, which I have been using this for almost two months now, and I'm not even halfway done with it! I highly recommend this product.
Kamisha S.
Kamisha S.
Shaw A F B, SC
If you want a clean feeling without that dry, tight, squeaky-clean feeling....this is hands down the BEST face wash. I'm acne-prone, wear full coverage makeup, and have scarring from previous years of acne. This face wash is SO gentle on my skin and really takes off all the makeup without stripping my skin of moisture. My skin really hasn't been this great in years.
Susan R.
Susan R.
Billings, MT
Compared to the other brands and forms. Is this a good one to purchase.
Jerilynn L.
Jerilynn L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I just bought a cute little mini set with this cleanser, long term how was this with your oily skin? Did it also help with breakouts? (:
Chi T.
Chi T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Hiw many years this cleanser can last before it expires??