BY SHISEIDO

A comfortable, lightweight cleansing oil that quickly and effectively removes every trace of makeup on the face. This gentle, weightless oil features Shiseido's quick removing technology to effectively and thoroughly remove dirt and makeup even waterproof leaving skin hydrated and refreshed. Great for wet or dry skin, it contains a cleansing ingredient derived from a moisturizing agent to cleanse skin while maintaining moisture. It rinses off quickly and leaves a non-greasy, dewy finish. An Asian beauty secret is the double cleanse: properly removing makeup and residue before cleansing the skin. This allows for maximized benefits of skin care. This product is an Allure Best of Beauty award winner. see more...

• How do you properly use this stuff?2 Answers
  • Is this good for oily skin? 1 Answers
  • Should someone with oily skin be using this? Need a new cleanser bu...1 Answers
Victoria C.
Victoria C.
This has been the only makeup remover I have used for almost a year (in conjunction with makeup wipes). I had been looking around for a long time for a makeup remover that would dissolve my holy grail Urban Decay Cannonball waterproof mascara and was extremely happy when I found out how well this one works.

This product is very gentle on the skin, takes off the most stubborn waterproof makeup, and does not leave the skin feeling dry or stripped of its natural oils. It does not have a strong scent and does not irritate my eyes. I have tried other cleaning oils/balms from other companies but this was is by far my favorite.

TIPS: When I wear a full face of makeup, I use a makeup removing wipe to take off most of product that sits on the surface of my face. Then I use one or two pumps of the oil and massage it on to my dry face for about 20-30 seconds. Afterward, I rinse everything off (there is no oily residue left after you rinse) thoroughly. I do follow the double cleansing method so I then go in with my regular face wash to ensure my face is completely clean and ready to absorb my skincare.
Mariah C.
Mariah C.
Stow, OH
I bought a BB cream from Shiseido recently and received a super cute make-up bag filled with samples inside. One of the larger samples was of this perfect cleansing oil and wow. I wear a lot of makeup (foundation, concealer, eyeshadows, black liquid eyeliner, black kohl eyeliner, blush, bronzer, highlighter, lipstick). And this removed my entire face of make-up, I just had to use a cotton ball with some of Shiseido's Eye and Lip makeup remover to get the rest of my mascara off. This is crazy to me! I normally spend 10 minutes washing my face multiple times and going in with a makeup wipe to rub off all my makeup thoroughly. The oil is so moisturizing on my dry skin and leaves my skin feeling so soft and clean. Would 100% recommend and have recommended to my friends and family! Full size bottle is amazing amount of product too, by the way!
Mallory C.
Mallory C.
Kingsville, OH
I've only used this once but I'm already a huge fan. You know when you remove make up and you end up looking like a raccoon and it's smudged all over your face? Well I was pleasantly surprised when I hopped in the shower, lathered this up, and put it all over my face (including eye make up), and looked in the mirror and saw no trace of make up (before I even rinsed it off!!). It was just gone. What I don't like about the product is the consistency is weird (being an oil) and rubbing it over my face it didn't glide as easily as I would have thought so it was a weird experience (it doesn't tug at all though) but it was so effective and left my skin so soft after my shower. I highly recommend it.
ana o.
ana o.
This cleansing oil has also been a go-to staple for me the past couple of months. This lightweight cleansing oil only needs 1 pump to cleanse the skin. I usually massage it all over my face for about a minute before I rinse off with water. It doesn't leave any oily residue on my face and I'm just so grateful that things like this exist! I have used this oil to wash off foundation and it literally just dissolves. It's effective in a way where it doesn't have to try out your skin. It smells perfectly pleasant with its light floral scent. Packaging is also great - I love the pump applicator because it keeps everything neat and clean and not cluttered.
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Parma Heights, OH
When cleaning oils first came out I have to say I thought it was the worst idea. Who out put oil on their face to clean it? After reading a ton of review I got a sample of this to try and it changed my world. This cleaner removes make up so well without drying out your skin and not making it a giant oil slick either. It adds just the right amount of moisture so you skin feels clean and refreshed. I would say though that in the height of something I use something more clarifying. But this is my favorite cleaner for the fall and winter.
Kirby M.
Kirby M.
Eugene, OR
I had been skeptical of using an oil cleanser on my already oily/combination skin, thinking that it would just transform my face into something resembling the site of an oil tanker crash. I learned that I had been drying my skin out with products, and in doing so, ramping up my skin's oil production. This cleansing oil actually slowed my skin's natural production of oil, leaving my skin much better balanced throughout the day.
Sahaja p.
Sahaja p.
Alexandria, VA
This is what started me on cleansing oils and I keep returning back to it. It breaks down all makeup when applied to a dry, made up face, and then when you add water, it becomes a milky consistency and washes off cleanly. It leaves your skin feeling clean and moisturized and I even use it when I'm not wearing makeup - then it leaves a clean and healthly glow to my face. Would recommend!!
Tara C.
Tara C.
Washington, DC
This cleansing oil is unmatched from any other brand in my opinion! I originally got it in a Birchbox and have most recently purchased at Sephora. It works as a cleanser and a makeup remover, and leaves your skin refreshed and hydrated without being oily or overly drying (as some removers tend to be). It's lightweight and is perfect in all seasons! Love love love this cleanser.
Dorothy M.
Dorothy M.
Greeley, CO
Shishedo NEVER disappoints. EVERYTHING I have EVER used from this company has been a hit with me. High quality ingredients that do what they say and this cleansing oil is no exception! It takes off every it of make up. It leaves m skin so soft and clean. I use this daily and it is now a holy grail product for me. It is the first step in my daily 10 step skin routine.
Summer P.
Summer P.
I use this every day to remove my makeup. I love this cleanser - it is light and does a great job and getting all of my makeup off gently. It doesn't strip my skin, in fact, my skin feels quite moisturized after using this. After using this, I cleanse my face and this double cleanse system has worked wonders for my skin.
Dana S.
Dana S.
San Antonio, TX
How do you properly use this stuff?
Christie B.
Christie B.
Does this cleanser emulsify fully?
Emily K.
Emily K.
Kent, OH
I've seen a lot of stuff about Shiseido. Ive been trying to find alternatives to makeup remover wipes. Does anyone use this cleansing oil regularly to remove their makeup? How well does it work? Also, does it leave the skin feeling oily and wet afterward? I don't like cleansing oils that do that.
Rebecca D.
Rebecca D.
Mansura, LA
Is this product for normal skin , dry, oily or combination? I tend to have drier skin as I get older where as I used to have combo/oily skin. I try to get as as good a product as possible for my dollar spent and hope to find the fountain of youth soon. I can always dream. :-)
Mirela P.
Mirela P.
Rch Cucamonga, CA
I was recommended this oil by my Shiseido counter rep. I'm afraid due to my very sensitive skin, I read that the main ingredient is mineral oil, which is not good to avoid breakouts. I also read mineral oil is a cheaper oil and it's overpriced. What do you think of this product? Is it worth it? Has it broken you out? Do you have sensitive skin? Thanks!