Shine Killer

It's good for really oily skin?
[product:nyx-shine-killer] ? Has anyone had problem with this product ? It doesn't work for me at all and everyone seems to love it. Can you guys let me know how you use it ? I have greasy skin and it's even greasier after using this product.
[product:nyx-shine-killer] Hello beautiful people, I hope you all hydrate and sanitize during this hot and crazy summer! Came with a question about this product, what yall think? Is it really working? My oily skin is just shining birther than my future! Or maybe you have any other suggestions? Every mattifying product reviews send this way! Thank you in advance! [product:nyx-shine-killer]
Start your review of Shine Killer!
Product Highlights
this is a great mattifying primer! very similar to the milani primer. great in filling in pores. i would be careful if with dry skin. makes your makeup last all day long! i would, and have bought again.in reviews
...this didn’t make a huge difference in my shine at the end of the day. blurs pores a little thoughin reviews
Linda  .
Fresno, CA
Shine Killer uploaded by Linda  .
This primer feels more like a glowy base because it honestly didn’t kill any oils on my skin. I still spotted some oils coming out throughout the day. I have to retouch numerous of times which is a bummer. It’s great as a glowy primer than a matte primer. Shine Killer
Crystal N.
Tulare, CA
I wouldnt say it controls shine on my oily skin if anything it just makes it greasier. Might be good for ocmbo skin
Sarah H.
Newton
Shine Killer uploaded by Sarah H.
Purchased at: Walgreens
This Shine Killer is incredibly affordable and easy to purchase at any pharmacy or in any make up section. it works great at modifying foundation and wicking away shine all throughout the day. Although I wish there was more product per packaging I definitely can’t complain at this price point!
Heather S.
Miller Place, NY
1,119 reviews
Shine Killer uploaded by Heather S.
This is a pretty straightforward review. This works well if you have oily or combination skin. This is a clear formula that glides on and feels like silk; very smooth and dries very quickly. There is zero scent and it’s cruelty free. For reference, I have normal skin but I tend to get oily in the heat and humidity. This kept my face pretty matte for hours. If you have really oily skin, you might have less time before you start to see shine but overall, I think this is a good, budget friendly primer. If you follow me, I’d like to first say thank you so much! I always follow back but Influenster puts a limit on following at 500. I hope you still enjoy my content! ☺️ For more beauty, fashion inspo and MONTHLY beauty giveaways (I have one going on right now), please follow me on Instagram at @luxuryisthyname or visit my website at Luxuryisthyname.com! Stay beautiful! ❤️
Stephanie M.
Matawan, NJ
Shine Killer uploaded by Stephanie M.
Purchased at: Kohl's
This is one of my favorite beauty products EVER. I have combination skin so some areas are very oily and therefore shiny. I apply this to my t zone and then blend it outward. My mom who has very oily skin also loves this product.
Krisi H.
Anaheim , CA
Shine Killer uploaded by Krisi H.
Purchased at: ULTA
Amazing! I’ve tried a lot of brands and this one is so far the best. It completely and immediately takes away the shine right when you apply and it makes your skin silky soft. Love it!
Crissy L.
Greeley, CO
Shine Killer uploaded by Crissy L.
Purchased at: Macy's
I have been using this for about a month and Im very impressed, shocked, and satisfied with NYX shine killer amazing!!! Elminates my oily shine face after im done applying my makeup I put mine on before and a bit mixed in with my foundation.
Felony Z.
Phoenix
It was a very water based consistency. It did not have any results in controlling my oil. I would not recommend.
heather G.
Binghamton, NY
Pretty not great, maybe for my skin in particular. I use this over my primer on my oily nose heavily but alas, I still see my makeup breaking apart by mid day. Goes on quite nicely and has a nice feel once dried down, just not a product I would buy again.
Jenny C.
Jacksonville, FL
I just started using this primer along with NYX Matte Finishing Spray, and I'm obsessed with both products! I have sensitive and combination skin (very dry in the winter, oily during the hotter months, dries out easily with products that are too harsh) so I first use a rich facial moisturizer to keep my skin hydrated. I only have to use a TINY amount of the primer and I LOVE the way it makes my skin look and feel! It feels so silky smooth, and my makeup blends perfectly on top of it! I live in Florida and it's been 90 degrees outside for the past few days. I used my primer before going to the beach, taking my son to the park, and spending quite a few hours outside in the heat (I even broke a sweat on my forehead today at the park), and I couldn't believe what I saw when I got home and looked at my face in the mirror. I literally dabbed the sweat beads off of my forehead and my makeup still looked amazing. If you have tried this primer but not the matte finishing spray, I highly recommend you go out and purchase it because using them together is like a miracle! I will definitely be purchasing and using both of these products every summer, which lasts like 9 months here in Florida ;)

125 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Emilie M.
Saint-Eustache, QC
il y a un an
Shine Killer ? Has anyone had problem with this product ? It doesn't work for me at all and everyone seems to love it. Can you guys let me know how you use it ? I have greasy skin and it's even greasier after using this product.
Miranda I. il y a un an
I don’t really like the way this product works. I might suggest trying to use the primer, then powder, then a liquid foundation, before writing it off.. sometimes that works for me.
Miriami U.
Wilmington, DE
il y a un an
Shine Killer Hello beautiful people, I hope you all hydrate and sanitize during this hot and crazy summer! Came with a question about this product, what yall think? Is it really working? My oily skin is just shining birther than my future! Or maybe you have any other suggestions? Every mattifying product reviews send this way! Thank you in advance! Shine Killer
sthepany M.
il y a un an
Shine Killer ? My skin is mixed, my T-zone is quite oily and I wanted to know how this product works when it comes to keeping my skin matte?
Jenny W. il y a un an
I’ve only used it on my T-zone as I’m oily there too. It feels very siliconey and a little goes a long way. For me I noticed the difference in oiliness if I wasn’t wearing it. I was more shiney than if I wasn’t wearing it. That said I’m not sure about wear test if it lasted all day for me though. But I like this product.
Britt W.
il y a 2 ans
Stacey G. il y a un an
My fave is Matte Girl by Killshine (HeadDry, LLC). I have combination skin and serious allergies to many products, but I never have a problem with this one because it is really safe and pure. It shrinks my pores and keeps the shine at bay all day long, even in the hot sun. And it is a sun block, too!