She's Come Undone uploaded by Ramona A.She's Come Undone uploaded by Ramona A.

BY WALLY LAMB

She's Come Undone
  • "I read this years ago and I still count this on my top ten list of best books ever read." in 6 reviews
  • "I read this book in high school and I could 100% relate... A young girl who is lost and not sure what she's doing with her life." in 5 reviews
Ramona A.
Gig harbor, WA
She's come undone, is the 1 book I have read so many times that I've burned through 3 copies over the past 16 years. The story of Delores Proce, the heroine, underdog, identified with girl who loses, finds, loses herself again only to finally realize she was never really lost but actually becoming undone.

"The irony,” he said, “… is that now that I’m this blind man, it’s clearer to me than it’s ever been before. What’s the line? ‘Was blind but now I see…’” He stopped and put his lips to the plastic straw. Juice went halfway up the shaft, then back down again. He motioned the drink away. “You accused me of being a saint a while back, pal, but you were wrong. Gary and I were no different. We fought…said terrible things to each other. Spent one whole weekend not speaking to each other because of a messed up phone message… That time we separated was my idea. I thought, well, I’m fifty years old and there might be someone else out there. People waste their happiness--That’s what makes me sad. Everyone’s so scared to be happy.”
“I know what you mean,” I said.
His eyes opened wider. For a second he seemed to see me. “No you don’t,” he said. “You mustn’t. He keeps wanting to give you his love, a gift out and out, and you dismiss it. Shrug it off because you’re afraid.”
“I’m not afraid. It’s more like…” I watched myself in the mirror above the sink. The mask was suddenly a gag. I listened.
“I’ll give you what I learned from all this,” he said. “Accept what people offer. Drink their milkshakes. Take their love.”
― Wally Lamb, She's Come Undone
Amy R.
Alpharetta, GA
It has been a long time since I have read this book but I do remember loving it! I think the one point that really sticks with me id how Wally Lamb was really able to capture the emotions of a woman without actually being a woman!! That is not so easy but he nailed it!
Katy R.
Shawnee , KS
One of my go to reads, I always come back to this every few years. The older I get, the more I sympathize with Dolores at her different ages through the novel. Lovely writing and interesting to see the world through a male authors version of a woman's perspective.
Silvia P.
Niles, IL
I absolutely love Wally lamb. I have read all of his books and this is one of my favorites. This story is so well written. It always blows my mind how well Wally Lamb can tell the story of a woman in the first person so seemlessly. This book will make you think.
ashley a.
Tolland, CT
Great book. I love Wally Lamb; i was introduced to him when I read his book with stories from the women's prison. The lack of self esteem and emotional abuse she inflicts on herself and from others is something that almost every teenager can relate to
Ana C.
My Favorite Wally Lamb book. Oh my god amazing. I found this at a thrift store for a quarter and I wpuld have paid 100 times that amount. I swear I made everyone I know read it.
Christa S.
Mogadore, OH
This book is a really good read. I feel like a lot of people really can relate to the book just like I did. When I first picked this up I wasn't too sure if I was going to like it but it ended up being one of my favorites.
Kristen T.
I read this book about ten years ago and it's still in my top ten. Well written, relatable and it makes you feel something. This book sticks with you long after you're done reading it.
Carissa P.
Dushore , PA
I read another book by him and decided to pick this one up when I saw it at a yard sale. I really enjoyed it and his writing. It's a great way to see into someone's life and struggles they endure. I would recommend this book and others by this author.
Janet D.
'She's Come Undone' is one of my top 10 all time favorite reads. The first time I read it was a loan from a friend and I never connected the dots that it was written by a man until after the fact. I just wanted something to take my mind off of real life for a while and this certainly did the trick. Lamb takes the idea of the quintessential chick lit coming of age novel to a whole new level. Starting from childhood you follow the highs and lows (with infinitely more lows than highs!) of Delores Price into adulthood. The average person cannot relate wholly to Delores life but there something about her that everyone can relate to on some level. There are many great quotable lines, you will laugh, you will cry, you will be angry and you will rejoice. At the end of the novel you will identify with Delores at one point in her life or another. And that is what makes a great coming of age story.
Diem N.
Antioch, CA
Is this a good book to read for the beach?
Natalie V.
Zion, Il
Is this a good book?
Melissa S.
Racine, WI
What is your favorite Wally Lamb book?
Daphne B.
Hampton, VA
What did you learn after reading this book?
Jessica G.
Philadelphia, PA
Have you read any other books by this author? Are they any good?