Sherlock uploaded by Charlotte B.

BY SHERLOCK

Sherlock
  • "Benedict Cumberbatch does a fantastic job of capturing the odd and manic personality that is Sherlock Holmes, and Martin Freeman does a wonderful job at becoming the other half of the pair as Watson." in 11 reviews
  • "It is only 3 episodes per season, keep that in mind if you are expecting 12+ episodes." in 4 reviews
Mabel S.
Norwood, MA
We could have had it all... Sherlock started out wonderfully - the characters were well done and the writing was smart. But as the season continued, the writing got sloppy, the characters went flat and it just didn't have the same magic that I found in the beginning. The amount of queerbaiting and homophobia throughout the series is also something to be noted. Ultimately, Sherlock is a series that could have been so much, but instead just ended up being a disappointment.
Rebecca Q.
All the actors in this show are super talented. They bring something very unique to "Sherlock". I watched this for the first time on a whim several years ago. After watching it I got my family, my aunt & uncle, and my friends all obsessed with it. It is one of those shows that's hard to explain why it's so good, unless you watch it.
Hayli Z.
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Really like this show, but I think what really makes the show is Andrew Scott who plays Moriarty. He is so crazy and is probably the best TV show villain. I really don't like that the seasons are so far apart though. I just started watching this on Netflix and noticed the seasons are usually two years apart and each season only has about 6 episodes, I am way to impatient to wait for a new season to come out.
Amanda
I don't know what it is, but over the past few years BBC has been producing some of the best TV in a while. This is my favorite take on Sherlock. The actors are great and the storylines are complicated but you're still able to follow them - if you pay attention. Each episode is like a mini movie, but the seasons are very short. We just waited a year and a half for a "special" until season 4 is released.
Nina N.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is probably on of the best TV shows I have ever watched! And literally one of the few shows I can rewatch over and over again and still find it interesting! The acting is amazing and this show makes you think! I just wish the seasons weren't too far apart, don't like waiting lol
Jennifer T.
Silver Spring, MD
This is, hands down, my favorite show. I just finished reading the entire collection of stories by Arthur Conan Doyle, and I absolutely love the way they've been modernized and re-imagined. The acting an cinematography and just amazing. If you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor and check it out. The episodes are long (90 minutes each, 3 per season), but it will only take one to get you hooked.
MaryCaroline G.
Charlotte, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 5
I was completely on board with this show until the last season. I found it majorly disappointing and the storyline wasn't as good as the one's in prior seasons. I'm also annoyed that it takes so long to get a new season up. I have to wait for a very long time to see what happens next.
Sam D.
Rochester, NY
This show is a modern day Sherlock Holmes story book. It takes elements from the actual Sherlock Holmes books and incorporates them into the show, for example the title of the first episode is called "A Study in Pink," a modernized version of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "A Study in Scarlet." The casting for this show is perfect. It is one television show that is as close to perfect as possible.
Victoria C.
Bella Vista, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I was a late comer to this show. A friend finally got me to watch it and I fell in love. Luckily I came in after the super long wait for season 2. I wish they would make more but the actors have moved on to bigger and better things. I look forward to seeing what they do next.
Lindsay W.
Newport Beach, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
One of the best shows on TV. Benedict Cumberbatch is the best sherlock of the past 20 years. Sorry RDJ. The pure insanity of Sherlock really comes thru in this verison. I have rewarded the first 2 season probably 6 to 8 to times. Each time I watch I see something new which advances the story.
Cinpai R.
Best season?
Michaela M.
Cantonment, FL
Question has been deleted
melissa w.
Sacramento, CA
Who is your favorite character?
Emma E.
Paradise, CA
Who else is dying for Season 4 to be here already?
Kayla C.
Nicholasville, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I've never watched an episode, but I have heard so many good things. What's everyone's opinion?