Sherlock uploaded by Charlotte B.

BY SHERLOCK #41 in TV

Sherlock
  • "Benedict Cumberbatch does a fantastic job of capturing the odd and manic personality that is Sherlock Holmes, and Martin Freeman does a wonderful job at becoming the other half of the pair as Watson." in 11 reviews
  • "It is only 3 episodes per season, keep that in mind if you are expecting 12+ episodes." in 4 reviews
Frances S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
I love this show. It is well cast and well written. It is a very good adaptation of Sherlock Holmes in the modern world. I really hope series 4 is not that last season. It's too good to end with just 13 episodes.
Jessica J.
Mansfield , MO
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I really enjoyed the first season of this but I don't like how often the cuss. It's very deep and strange in an interesting way, but it's nothing like the Sherlock Holmes of the books.
Ashlee W.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH! This show has been one of my favorites for s long time now. I enjoy that the episodes are insanely long but I HATE how there's only a couple episodes per season and I HATE how long you have to wait for new episodes.
Bella P.
Alpharetta, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
A longtime favorite of mine. Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are brilliant actors who put their everything into making the show amazing. A modern take on the classic collection by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, This show is sure to please any high functioning sociopath or thrill seeker alike... Be warned, there's maybe a one to two year break between each season, and each season only has three episodes so take it slow!
P.S- If you do choose to begin watching this show, shipping either Mystrade or Johnlock will be inevitable :)
Meredith M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
LOVE this show!!!! It's one of my absolute favorites. BBC always does a stellar job and that's certainly true for Sherlock. The episodes are about an hour and a half long so it's like watching a movie when you watch an episode. But the seasons are very short (like 3 or 4 episodes!), so you must pace yourself if you're binge-watching ;) Go watch them on Netflix! You won't be disappointed. Because Benedict Cumberbatch. Need I say more? :)
Laura S.
Lavaca, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
One of the best shows on TV! The episodes are fun and intelligently written and the acting is superb. The downfall of the series is that each season is only 3 episodes long, but since each episode is over an hour long, I'm able to excuse a short season. Plus, it's fun to watch again to see the hints and signs you missed the first time. This qualifies as a must watch for me and my husband!
Taryn C.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
If you are not watching this show, I am not sure what you are waiting for. Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are hands down the best Sherlock Holmes and John Watson duo I have ever seen. The show is a modern day twist on classic Sherlock Holmes stories. It's so funny and witty yet the mysteries are so intriguing I am always left guessing what is going to happen next.
Ivy P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is my absolute favorite show. Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are killing it at portraying modern day Holmes and Watson. There are also so many details from the books and hints throughout the whole show. The creators, Sue Vertue, Mark Gatiss, and Steven Moffat are astounding. I cannot wait for series 4 because I know it will be amazing. #johnlockforever
bianca l.
New Orleans, LA
The writing of the series is engaging, yet it would be a disservice to not mention the blatant misogyny (clear in the first episode of first season and throughout) and homophobia that is in the series. Watson's character is a great contrast to Sherlock in this series. It is only 3 episodes per season, keep that in mind if you are expecting 12+ episodes.
Alyx D.
Tinley Park, IL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love how this version of Sherlock is a well-done mini series almost like a long movie rather than a full TV series. Moffat writes the show well and there are always many twists and turns I couldn't predict. It kinda stinks that it takes several years for a new season to be released, but it's worth the wait! If you like Sherlock, I'd recommend Doctor Who since many of the writers are the same.
Cinpai R.
Best season?
Michaela M.
Cantonment, FL
Question has been deleted
melissa w.
Sacramento, CA
Who is your favorite character?
Kayla C.
Nicholasville, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I've never watched an episode, but I have heard so many good things. What's everyone's opinion?
Emma E.
Paradise, CA
Who else is dying for Season 4 to be here already?