Add a Photo

By SHEBA® BRAND
#12 in Cat Food & Treats

Made with real chicken and no filler ingredients, SHEBA® Meaty Tender Sticks Treats for Cats offer a soft and savory snacking experience that your feline companion will adore. SHEBA® Meaty Tender Sticks are the ultimate, once-daily treat made with mouthwatering ingredients that cats truly enjoy.

®/™ Trademarks © Mars, Incorporated 2016

Photos (148)
Renee J.
Renee J.
My cat is very finicky. He rarely if ever likes treats. There is only one brand and flavor of treats he likes so when I received these free for testing purposes I wasn't holding my breath that he would like them. A little about the treats... They are soft sticks and they have indents on them to easily break apart small pieces to give to your cat. The packaging is nice as well. When I go to give our cat a treat he will not just eat it out your hand. He will sniff it and then turn and stick his tail up lol. You have to leave the treat in his food bowl and when he is ready he will go and have it. Like I said VERY finicky. I took a couple small pieces and put it in his food bowl and walked away. Came back a little later and they were gone so that tells me that he loved them. I have done this with MANY different treats just to have them left there and never eaten. If my cat will eat these then that means it is a good product! Like I said before there is only one other brand that he will eat and that took me a while to find so I am happy to know that now I can give him a little variety and have two different brands of treats to give him. I would recommend Sheba Meaty Tender Sticks to friends and family for their cat. I received SHEBA® Meaty Tender Sticks complimentary for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own.
Angie L.
Angie L.
delaware, oh
I received a free sample of this product thanks to Sheba and Influenster and I appreciated the opportunity to try a new treat for free. Unfortunately, it is not something that I would recommend or buy again. I have three cats and only one of them semi-enjoyed the treat and then only after I tore it up into bite sized pieces. None of them knew what to do with the stick as a whole. Two of them sniffed the pieces and walked away without even trying them. One ate an entire stick but when offered another stick the next day was not interested, even when I tore it up for her, so I ended up throwing it outside for the birds. I have to say I was surprised they didn't like it as they eat Sheba pate wet food daily and love it. I didn't enjoy having to touch the greasy stick and break it up with my fingers either. To be honest, this seems like a dog treat not a cat treat in the way it is sold and made. I would not recommend nor buy again. Sorry! Just being honest! Thanks again for the chance to try it though! ***I (and my cats) tested SHEBA® Meaty Tender Sticks for free, but all opinions are my own.***
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
My one-year-old cat, Keala Rayne, is probably one of the pickiest cats ever. She use to eat all sorts of treats and wet food, however now she refuses almost everything. Regardless, though, I keep trying with her. Which is why when I found out we were going to be able to try the SHEBA® Meaty Tender Sticks, I was rather excited. It looked like a unique cat treat. When it arrived, I opened one up, cut it up, and put it on a plate for her. To be honest, she looked at me as if I was absolutely crazy. She sniffed at them, tasted one, but did not eat it. I physically had to pick one up and stuff it in her mouth. After that, she ate a few of them, but then got bored and walked away. Needless to say, she has not been interested in them since – the dog has been eating them. It is frustrating; however, I kind of expected it. The treats do not smell all that bad and the dog seems to like them.

I did receive the SHEBA® Meaty Tender Sticks in exchange for honest opinion. Despite that, my thoughts were not influenced.
Barbara M.
Barbara M.
Shelton, CT
My cat Artemis has always been a super finicky eater, both when it comes to her food and to her treats. Plus, sometimes even though she eats something it doesn't necessarily mean that she'll be able to keep it down well. Therefore, my expectations of her actually EATING the SHEBA Meaty Sticks and keeping them in her were neutral to low. Fast forward to the Vox Box package arriving and wow! I honestly couldn't get the mailer open fast enough to make her happy. After reading the ingredients (all ok by me as being relatively "real" food and not loaded to the heavens with unpronouncable chemicals), I opened one up for her and waited. Artemis prefers her treats in bite size form & so to make her 16 year old self happy, I ripped the first stick to bits for her. She pretty much are the bits as fast as I could tear them off for her. The next day, she was scratching at where I had saved them, begging for more so overall: a 5 star hit with these...already had to buy her more.
Amy Y.
Amy Y.
Jasper , AL
Influenster sent this to me as a free sample for my furchildren to try. Since all cats are unique each of my cats had a different response to it. My oldest cat Thomas is very picky and he did not like the taste of it at all. Mandoo is a bit younger than Thomas but loves food so he ate it with no problem. Hazel is the only female cat in the house and she usually does tricks for the treats. This time she tried to bite my finger because she wanted to try them so badly! Lastly my younger boy Ravi tried them as a treat after fetching and he absolutely loved them. They are very soft and they have scores on them so you can easily tear a part of it off to feed it to your cat. Each cat is different so taking you cat's level of pickiness and personality into consideration really will determine if these are worth purchasing. I definitely will be purchasing more for the cats that enjoy them while looking for other flavors my Thomas will like.
Carmen E.
Carmen E.
Shafter, CA
SHEBA Meaty Sticks with Chicken comes in a 5-pack of jerky-like looking, but soft meaty sticks. Each one is wrapped separately, so perfect for serving once a day (or more often) while keeping the rest of the treats fresh! As soon as I tore one of the meaty sticks packages open, my cat could hardly wait for me to take it out of the wrapper, the delightful meaty smell of the treat made her get super excited. As soon as I put the treat on the ground for her, she literally devoured it in two seconds! I've never seen her eat and love a cat treat this much! She kept meowing and begging for another meaty stick treat, so I gave in and gave her another one. I'm very happy that I found a new treat for her that she loves more than any other treat! I'll be definitely getting more of these for my cat! Me (and my cat) tested SHEBA® Meaty Tender Sticks for free, but all opinions are my own and 100% honest. Thanks, Influenster and Sheba!
Alyssa H.
Alyssa H.
Buffalo, Ny
My cat has had one type of food since we rescued her a little over a year ago. We have tried other foods but she will leave the whole bowl full and just not eat! A few months back we supplemented her diet with the SHEBA Perfect portions and she loved them! When I found out she was going to get to try the meaty sticks i was excited! She didn't quite seem to understand the "stick". she licked it but didn't chew it. Though she eventually figured it out, i think a meaty stick is a better idea for a dog. Little bite size portion packs might be better for cats. The second time I tried to give it to her i didn't stand there and hold it the whole time, i just put it in her bowl... it's still sitting there 4 hours later. All in all i think she likes it but maybe doesn't know how to eat it? for the next one i may break it up in her bowl and see what happens.
Chelsea C.
Chelsea C.
Mountain Home, ID
My Siamese cat Bastian adored these sticks. If you knew how picky he was with what he's willing to eat you'd be surprised. He will hardly ever finish wet food, even the name brand expensive ones. He'll hound you for your cheetos or cheez-it crackers though.

I wasn't too optimistic that he'd like these but he couldn't eat his stick fast enough. I would definitely buy these again in the future.

I do agree with another reviewer that the packages should be separated as its all too easy to tear into the next package. Either fix it so it's easy to tear without ripping open the other packages or separate them or stick then in a little sealable tub. Overall I was pleased and my cat did eat the stick without me having to break it into pieces, which surprised me.
Xanadu R.
Xanadu R.
San Diego, CA
These taste awful! But my cat seems to like them.

I'm joking - don't eat these.

They are alright. Definitely piqued my cat's interests! They are very picky - my older cat was immediately interested and snarfed them down really really fast. My younger kitty was apprehensive.

One stick is enough to split between two kitties. If you only have one cat, the portion is a little large.

I couldn't tell you what the smell is like because I have a cold. Great timing.

I do think my cats enjoyed the sample but I don't think I would purchase these on a regular basis. I prefer to give my cats something a little fresher and natural.

These are like beef jerk sticks for kitties. :) if give them a chance if it sounds like something your cat would enjoy!
Amanda R.
Amanda R.
Melbourne, FL
My 7-year-old kitty, Xander, wasn't quite sure of these treats at first. It reminds me of a Slim Jim but softer with no outer film/coating. It was very easy to break off a piece and let him smell it which brought him around to eating it - after he tried it, he loved it. He's had to have some teeth removed so I feed him hard treats sparingly. I really liked that this was soft. He loved chewing on the sticks for a bit then would wolf them down. I was worried one time when he wolfed down a stick whole thinking he might choke on it but he was absolutely fine - just very enthusiastic about his treat. Xander and I tested SHEBA® Meaty Tender Sticks for free, but all opinions are my/our own.
Sarah Grace D.
Sarah Grace D.
Brownsville, KY
Are these safe for kittens about 6 months old?
Are these OK for dogs too?
Carly S.
Carly S.
Fallon, NV
How do these work? My cats prefer small bits..would these not be a treat for them?
Meggy K.
Meggy K.
Sacramento, CA
Would these be good for a younger cat, around 5 months?
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
Can you give these to a year old cat?