BY SHEAMOISTURE #52 in Hair Oil

Description:

The secret to shining, polished curls free of flyaways and bothersome frizz is SheaMoisture’s Raw Shea Butter Reconstructive Finishing Elixir! This intensely moisturizing and penetrating all-natural oil treatment repairs and strengthens hair. It helps combat dry, damaged hair by giving you a fighting chance to control frizz while adding brilliant shine to your gorgeous tresses.

This finishing elixir has reconstructive properties – which means that it helps grow and strengthen hair. The extra-moisturizing properties of this elixir come from raw Shea butter that deeply penetrates scalp to promote hair growth and make hair stronger. It is further infused with Argan Oil that helps restore hair health and impart radiant shine, as well as Sea Kelp that aids in moisture-retention.

This is a multi-tasking hair care treatment that not only hydrates hair over a longer period of time, but it also helps unravel tangles and knots for easy comb-through an everyday possibility. It’s a great option for all hair types, especially thick curly hair.

Instructions:

After styling, spray into hands and apply evenly to seal hair cuticle and add shine. Do not use during flat ironing or other heat styling.

Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Argan Oil, Vegetable Squalene, Carrot Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Avocado Oil, Castor Oil, Sebacic Acid, Sea Kelp Extract, Essential Oil Blend, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (And) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).

• Does this product promote growth?2 Answers
  • How to use this shea moisture elixir?1 Answers
  • What exactly are the benefits of using this product? Specifically...1 Answers
Alyx D.
Tinley Park, IL
The first several times I used this product, I absolutely hated it. I used too much and my hair would get greasy. Now, I know better. The important this is to apply this to damp hair, really rubbing it into your palms evenly before even touching your hair. Apply to the bottoms and slowly work your way up. In regular "white" products, I typically use 10-20 pumps of serum because I have thick, porous, wavy hair. I only use 2-4 sprays MAXIMUM of this for my whole head. It's that effective. I helps define my waves/curls and makes them pretty and shiny. NO FRIZZ. This is a product that you really have to experiment with to get the best use so don't give up if you don't get good results the first time.
Angelica M.
I am done with Sheamoisture. I emailed them about this situation, in order to return my products, and they still haven't gotten back to me. Almost ALL of the ingredients it has listed on their website are false. They are deceiving their customers and this product is not that cheap to be having sub par ingredients. Safflower oil is the first ingredient with ALCOHOL DENAT being the fourth. I didn't even bother trying it, because from experience, alcohol is extremely drying for my hair. There is no argan oil or macadamia oil, which I love for their reparative properties. Only cheap oils like safflower and olive. Not the natural ingredient powerhouse that they have listed on their website, but instead loaded with chemicals. What a sham. I tried giving you another chance after that awful PR disaster and you no longer catering to your black consumer base, but you obviously don't care. Don't bother buying from Sheamoisture, ladies. They've completely sold out.
Lorelei C.
Palm Coast, FL
I tend to use this sparingly and rarely. I notice using too much actually dries out my hair. Use about 4 sprays and spread it through my wet hair about once a week when I wash my hair. When I straighten my hair, which is rare, this spray helps keep my hair soft and frizz free while also protecting from the heat of the iron and the blow dryer. It smells delicious and is pretty reasonably priced considering curly hair products mostly cost an arm, a leg, and sometimes a kidney.
Assata R.
Brooklyn, NY
My YouTube hair twin said in one of her twist-out videos that before un-twisting/braiding your hair, you should oil your hands and hair to prevent frizz.  Doing this definitely helps.  I've been natural for a year and a half so most tips that I find, I try at least once.  This was one of those practices that stuck because it worked.  I tried this elixir because it was left over from a Shea Moisture color kit.  It worked.  I purchased the version with the spray nozzle so I spray it in my hands and over my hair before undoing my twists and it has helped to moisturize, add sheen, and lessen frizz.  Would definitely recommend this as it works great for my 4a hair!
Morgan K.
Carriere, MS
This is the first hair oil i have ever tried. I have curly hair that gets very frizzy when I straighten it. I learned very quickly that one spritz in my hand works. It gets rid of all of the frizz after straightening. I like this product more than I thought I would.
Natibel M.
It does what it claim. I didn’t love it because my hair feel a little bit hard (crunchy) The hair look shiny after apply in it . I Baugh it online on the sheamoisture website. I really recommends it if you don’t mind the semi crunchy feeling.
L M.
Tullahoma, TN
This is too greasy for my 2B/3c hair and the smell is ridiculously strong. I had hoped it would take frizz but it just makes frizzy greasy looking. Might be good for an oil treatment if you can stand the smell.
Andrenid R.
Canóvanas
At first I really didn't even knew how to incorporate this product in my routine. I found it on clearance so I say why not. I like the spray/mist cap that it comes with but the bottle is too small and then your hands gets oily (or maybe I am too messy) so your bottle enventuakly slips from your hand. I finally found a way to used it and it does work but I have to unscrew the cap and just pour it on my hands and work it on my hair.
Jasmine G.
Bay City, MI
I absolutely love shea moisture! I am a biracial woman who is trying to grow her hair long and strong, so I was searching for products to help me do so. I love how this product makes my hair feel really soft and silky. I also love how shea moisture doesnt have any sulfates in the products. Highly recommend.
Brianna L.
Savannah, GA
The reason I gave this product three stars is more because of the fact that the packaging kind of sucks. There's something about the spray bottle that causes the oil to shoot out rather strongly which leads to a ton of product being left in one spot. However, the oil itself is very nice. I can tell that it is good for holding moisture in your hair because you can see the shine that it creates from a mile away.
Fatou J.
My scalp is always dry and I have tried different moisturizer. Does this product help with retaining moisture on the scalp?
Shar W.
Grand Prairie , TX
Has anyone tried this before? How was the outcome? Would you recommend?
danielle h.
Charleston
Does this product promote growth?
April H.
What exactly are the benefits of using this product? Specifically for naturally curly hair.
Erodelys B.
Union City, NJ
How to use this shea moisture elixir?