BY SHEAMOISTURE

Strengthens strands from the roots, protects against damage and leaves hair silky and vibrant. Trace minerals detoxify hair follicles of impurities and residue. Argan oil restores shine and rebuilds hair elasticity. Shea butter deeply moisturizes and repairs damage to hair and scalp. No parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, animal ingredients or sulfates. Cruelty free, no animal testing. Ethically traded ingredients, sustainably produced. Color-safe.

• Does this product promote growth?2 Answers
  • How to use this shea moisture elixir?1 Answers
  • What exactly are the benefits of using this product? Specifically...1 Answers
Angelica M.
I am done with Sheamoisture. I emailed them about this situation, in order to return my products, and they still haven't gotten back to me. Almost ALL of the ingredients it has listed on their website are false. They are deceiving their customers and this product is not that cheap to be having sub par ingredients. Safflower oil is the first ingredient with ALCOHOL DENAT being the fourth. I didn't even bother trying it, because from experience, alcohol is extremely drying for my hair. There is no argan oil or macadamia oil, which I love for their reparative properties. Only cheap oils like safflower and olive. Not the natural ingredient powerhouse that they have listed on their website, but instead loaded with chemicals. What a sham. I tried giving you another chance after that awful PR disaster and you no longer catering to your black consumer base, but you obviously don't care. Don't bother buying from Sheamoisture, ladies. They've completely sold out.
Alyx D.
Tinley park, IL
The first several times I used this product, I absolutely hated it. I used too much and my hair would get greasy. Now, I know better. The important this is to apply this to damp hair, really rubbing it into your palms evenly before even touching your hair. Apply to the bottoms and slowly work your way up. In regular "white" products, I typically use 10-20 pumps of serum because I have thick, porous, wavy hair. I only use 2-4 sprays MAXIMUM of this for my whole head. It's that effective. I helps define my waves/curls and makes them pretty and shiny. NO FRIZZ. This is a product that you really have to experiment with to get the best use so don't give up if you don't get good results the first time.
L M.
Tullahoma, TN
This is too greasy for my 2B/3c hair and the smell is ridiculously strong. I had hoped it would take frizz but it just makes frizzy greasy looking. Might be good for an oil treatment if you can stand the smell.
Andrenid R.
Canóvanas
At first I really didn't even knew how to incorporate this product in my routine. I found it on clearance so I say why not. I like the spray/mist cap that it comes with but the bottle is too small and then your hands gets oily (or maybe I am too messy) so your bottle enventuakly slips from your hand. I finally found a way to used it and it does work but I have to unscrew the cap and just pour it on my hands and work it on my hair.
Jasmine G.
Bay City, MI
I absolutely love shea moisture! I am a biracial woman who is trying to grow her hair long and strong, so I was searching for products to help me do so. I love how this product makes my hair feel really soft and silky. I also love how shea moisture doesnt have any sulfates in the products. Highly recommend.
Brianna L.
Savannah, GA
The reason I gave this product three stars is more because of the fact that the packaging kind of sucks. There's something about the spray bottle that causes the oil to shoot out rather strongly which leads to a ton of product being left in one spot. However, the oil itself is very nice. I can tell that it is good for holding moisture in your hair because you can see the shine that it creates from a mile away.
Barbarela Likes M.
Sunrise , FL
Absolutely love this!! Key for bouncy healthy looking natural curly hair is deep conditioning, hydration and keep frizz away. I use this oil almost daily to deal moisture in. A bit of spray and enough for my curls to look more alive. Don't put too much as you don't want to have a Jerry curl, just a bit on the ends.
Ashley d.
I don't know what this is for but I use it after I was my hair and it makes my hair stay moisturized along with my leave I'm conditioner I have really dry natural hair and it works for me! I recommend to everyone it isn't just for hair like mine.
Jasmine H.
I don't use this product anymore because I don't need oil in my hair, but I do think it does what it says it does. It does make your hair stronger and I have less damage with it. It costs a little too much for the amount you get so it wouldn't be the first thing I would buy and recommend, but I would use it if someone bought it for me
Angela N.
I haven't been able to say anything negative about SheaMoisture products and I cannot say anything negative about this one either. I love the natural ingredients it provides my hair which also means less stress for me and less damage done on my hair. I mostly concentrate on my ends as they seem to be the driest but it works wonderful in the dry winter months on the scalp if I notice any dryness or itch close to the follicles. It took some getting used to, by that I mean, knowing exactly how much to use on my hair so it wouldn't look greasy but that doesn't warrant a negative review. SheaMoisture caters to people of all races so to provide this product with a negative review solely on the opinion of it makes ones hair greasy would just be ignorant and self centered. It isn't the product, it's the consumer! Anyways, the elixir has a wonderful scent and adds shine to my dull ends! Highly recommend.
Fatou J.
My scalp is always dry and I have tried different moisturizer. Does this product help with retaining moisture on the scalp?
Shar W.
Grand Prairie, TX
Has anyone tried this before? How was the outcome? Would you recommend?
danielle h.
Charleston
Does this product promote growth?
April H.
What exactly are the benefits of using this product? Specifically for naturally curly hair.
Erodelyz B.
Union City, NJ
How to use this shea moisture elixir?