BY SHEAMOISTURE

Strengthens strands from the roots, protects against damage and leaves hair silky and vibrant. Trace minerals detoxify hair follicles of impurities and residue. Argan oil restores shine and rebuilds hair elasticity. Shea butter deeply moisturizes and repairs damage to hair and scalp. No parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, animal ingredients or sulfates. Cruelty free, no animal testing. Ethically traded ingredients, sustainably produced. Color-safe.

• Does this product promote growth?2 Answers
  • How to use this shea moisture elixir?1 Answers
  • What exactly are the benefits of using this product? Specifically...1 Answers
Angela N.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I haven't been able to say anything negative about SheaMoisture products and I cannot say anything negative about this one either. I love the natural ingredients it provides my hair which also means less stress for me and less damage done on my hair. I mostly concentrate on my ends as they seem to be the driest but it works wonderful in the dry winter months on the scalp if I notice any dryness or itch close to the follicles. It took some getting used to, by that I mean, knowing exactly how much to use on my hair so it wouldn't look greasy but that doesn't warrant a negative review. SheaMoisture caters to people of all races so to provide this product with a negative review solely on the opinion of it makes ones hair greasy would just be ignorant and self centered. It isn't the product, it's the consumer! Anyways, the elixir has a wonderful scent and adds shine to my dull ends! Highly recommend.
Ky M.
Oh dear God! I bought this product from curl box during a sale and maaaan I'm glad I did. I've only used it once so far but I'm in love. I have a mixture of 3C to 4B hair with some frizzy spots. I used this product after washing and air drying my hair for about 2-3 hours. This product provided lots of slip, it smells soooooo amazing and you don't need much for it to get the job done and it's very lightweight. I wanted to do two cornrows and I used this product to help my hands glide through with each braid. The amount of shine provided was so bomb. I'm pretty sure this finishing spray will be a staple product for me. I can't wait to try this out when straightening my hair.
Jss P.
Bronx, NY
I'm a huge fan of Shea moisture products. I decided to give the oil elixir a try and I was somewhat pleased. I have natural African American hair and it gave my hair great shine. I use it immediately after I wash my hair. I really also enjoy the fragrance of it. My only issue is that it is EXTREMELY greasy. Once my hair dries and I put my hands my hair, my hands will covered in oil. So I'm not sure if I would purchase again.
Jessica M.
Love this stuff. I like that it is light enough to use on my straight hair. It smells good, but the smell fades a bit overtime (which I don't mind since that way it won't compete with my perfume). I love the ingredients. My hair looks so conditioned when I use this (I like to use it at night, so that it can absorb and my hair doesn't look greasy in the morning.)
A tip: a little goes a long way.
Jasmine G.
Bay City, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely love shea moisture! I am a biracial woman who is trying to grow her hair long and strong, so I was searching for products to help me do so. I love how this product makes my hair feel really soft and silky. I also love how shea moisture doesnt have any sulfates in the products. Highly recommend.
Monet H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely love this elixir! It is super moisturized and soothing to the scalp. I use this product on went hair using the LOC method (leave-in, oil, cream) my hair was so moisturized. After a few days I used the elixir to re-moisturize my hair, focusing on the ends.
Donne E.
Use this if you have dry hair. Moisture with cream, water based leave in and then put this on. It's great for everyday use and should be used sparingly. I think it smells nice and makes the hair soft and manageable. It's a replacement for traditional hair grease.
Shawnta C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love love love this product it's great at applying a nice lightweight shine to the hair without it being too greasy and oily and the smell is fantastic
Alycia K.
Goose Creek, SC
This is my absolute favorite body wash. I use it for both my daughter and I. It smells amazing and lathers well so a little goes a long way.
Paige M.
After only using this a couple times my hair felt super strong and healthy.
Highly recommended this product
Fatou J.
My scalp is always dry and I have tried different moisturizer. Does this product help with retaining moisture on the scalp?
Shar W.
Grand Prairie, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone tried this before? How was the outcome? Would you recommend?
danielle h.
Charleston
Does this product promote growth?
April H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
What exactly are the benefits of using this product? Specifically for naturally curly hair.
Erodelyz B.
Union City, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
How to use this shea moisture elixir?