BY SHEAMOISTURE #32 in Shampoo

If you have dry, damaged hair, a gentle moisturizing cleanser will be your hair’s best friend! Try SheaMoisture’s Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo – a sulfate-free, paraben-free cleanser which is loaded with the goodness of organic, healing essential oils that strengthen and grow your hair.

This hydrating shampoo offers gentle cleansing for your hair and promotes scalp health without stripping your hair off natural oils. Keeping a clean and healthy scalp is key to growing long, strong and healthy hair! The unique blend of raw organic Shea Butter with Sea Kelp and Argan Oil aids in moisture retention and softens and smoothens damaged, coarse and brittle hair.

SheaMoisture’s Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo is a clarifying hair care treatment specially designed to gently cleanse and remove product build-up. It hydrates hair from deep within, so your dry, brittle and coarse tresses become smooth, frizz-free, and enviously bouncy.

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside(Coconut Oil), African Butyrospermum Parkii (shea Butter)*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Argan Oil, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Rosemary Extract, Sea Kelp Extract, Vitamin E, Guar Gum, Lonicera Capifloium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Avacado Oil

• I've been getting my hair flat ironed faithfully every 2 weeks si...1 Answers
  • What is your favorite Shea Moisture shampoo? I have tried their l...2 Answers
  • Is this product worth the pricetag?1 Answers
SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo
  • "Going natural is no easy task for anyone having this product by my side push take care of my hair it was hard at the beginning but now three years of natural hair I can see that is worth it its way better than any relaxed hair out there." in 5 reviews
VCAS710 R.
Although I love how it makes my hair feel, gives it volume makes it soft and gets my curls perky. I absolutely do not like the smell. It was practically sickening when I first tried it so much so I wrote the company to see if it was supposed to be like that and they sent me a new one right off the line to send my bottle back for testing. Although there was nothing wrong with the original bottle. So the smell... it is a combination of wet dog and I would say hair dye or strong perm solution. It doesn't all rinse out either so definitely use a conditioner after. I like [product:not-your-mother's-natural-line] for my conditioners in shower. SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo is a great combination with the above. It's a thicker shampoo product than most are probably used to, pretty all of Shea Moisture's products are thick. I have very fine & thin hair so when I use the conditioners or leave Ins I have to put a bit of water in to get a good consistency for my hair to not go limp. However with SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo I don't find my hair going limp or being weighed down like I do with their other products. My husband uses this as well and gets amazing curls and very hydrated hair. We both have very different hair & curl types but they work wonderfully on both of us. I put this one in to my routine to keep my hair moisturized and it really helps liven up my hair. This product is also Curly Girl/guy friendly for those that follow The Curly Girl Handbook by Lorraine Massey. I recommend these products all the time. Very reasonable price as well so great for those on limited budgets like myself. It seems like alot to pay for a smaller bottle but this stuff is thick and concentrated just like all of their products so you arn't paying for more water than actual product.
Adebisi A.
I have natural Kinky-Curly hair & I can’t say that this shampoo was my favorite. I like that it has all natural ingredients, but I just didn’t like the way my hair felt, in the end.

I used this in the TRANSITION KIT, because I was transitioning my hair from perms, back to its natural state. This shampoo does not smell bad & it does lather well. The only thing is that my hair felt dry, frustrated & a bit tangled after. The shampoo didn’t “GIVE” my hair any moisture, you will definitely need hair cream after this shampoo. Use the same quarter-size amount as any other shampoo, or more if you have thick hair.
Lindsey C.
Louisa, KY
This is one of the worst shampoos I’ve ever tried. The smell isn’t too bad when you’re washing your hair but dear god does it smell horrible when your hair dries. I can’t stand the smell and I always have to wash my hair again to get the smell out. Not only does it smell horrid, it is so hard to wash out of your hair. It really sticks to it and always leaves my hair feeling bad. The only reason I have this 2 stars is because it really does seem moisturizing, however it’s just not worth it. I do not recommend and I won’t use the rest of the shampoo I have, let alone buy more of it.
Faith O.
The product is great for 4c kinky natural hair. If u struggle with breakage then I would definitely recommend it. The packaging is great, making it very easy to pump out just the right amount of product. I like the way the conditioner made my hair feel after using it and how I didn't need a lot of product. Not to mention, the smell was amazing. I have been using shea moisture products for my hair for a while and I can honestly say that they have yet to let me down.
Zaneta O.
Fresh Meadows, NY
I'm really impressed with many aspects of this shampoo. The scent is downright delicious. Its a very sweet and inviting scent. It's got a great lather to it and cleanses fantastically. It's very moisturizing or as moisturizing as a shampoo can be. It rinses clean and makes my hair feel silky. Tje matching conditioner is equally good. I would definitely purchasw again and recommend to anyone with dry or damaged hair.
Miranda Jade P.
Lubbock, TX
This is a wonderful shampoo for a pocket friendly price. I started using this when my roommate had it, and I had run out of my own Biolage shampoo. I’m not sure if you’re familiar, but biolage is not cheap, and I liked the SheaMoisture way better! Leaves my hair looking and feeling healthy and silky. I have very frizzy hair, and this helps keep it in check.
Marisela(Bertha) G.
SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo is amazing. This product is worth the cost 10 dollars but this shampoo is organic and sulfate free and shaped to help us women who have curly wavy hair it improves the hair to a different level that i could not believe how good it is for the hair not to mention how great this shampoo is I find it at Walmart
Jamika Q.
E Palestine, OH
The Shea Moisture is my go to shampoo. I love a shampoo that doesn’t have sulfates. Even without the sulfates it lathers very well. I think this product is great for all types of hair dry or oily. The product contains franksiense and Myrrh and doesn’t have a overpowering smell. I try to get this shampoo when it’s on sale because it great to stock up for a low price. I would definitely recommend this to others.
Katherine R.
Cliffside Pk, NJ
I’m okay with this product it does what it says it gives your hair so much moisture and due to this is best for people with dry scalp. My problem is that it doesn’t lather at all and I don’t feel like is cleansing my scalp. Whenever I use this shampoo it feels like my hair is still dirty. But if you have really dry hair I would recommend this for you
Lakesha E.
Douglasville, GA
This is by far my favorite shampoo. I can rectangle with the shampoo. It is thick and rich and makes me hair feel soft and clean without stripping it. My only disappointment is that you can never consistently find it at a good price. It continues to go higher so I only use this when I am treating my hair to a wash day and not for quick cleansing.
DeAnna W.
Tempe , AZ
Does anyone not like the smell? I love the product but can't stand the smell.
Kaitlynn D.
Logan, WV
Does this make your hair oily ? I need something to fix my dry , damaged hair ?
Tiffany W.
Douglasville, GA
Is this shampoo any good I don't use shampoo on my natural hair often
Caitlin M.
Killeen, TX
Does this product actually help with dry hair?
Alisha R.
I don't use shampoo often at all because it makes my hair dry, I prefer co-wash. Is this moisturizing?