BY SHEAMOISTURE

Description:

SheaMoisture's Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo is a clarifying hair care treatment specially designed to gently cleanse and remove product build-up. It hydrates hair from deep within, so your dry, brittle and coarse tresses become smooth, frizz-free, and enviously bouncy.

Instructions:

Apply to wet hair, gently massage and work into a rich lather. Rinse thoroughly. For best results pair with Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner.

Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside(Coconut Oil), African Butyrospermum Parkii (shea Butter)*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Argan Oil, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Rosemary Extract, Sea Kelp Extract, Vitamin E, Guar Gum, Lonicera Capifloium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Avacado Oil.

SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo
  • "Going natural is no easy task for anyone having this product by my side push take care of my hair it was hard at the beginning but now three years of natural hair I can see that is worth it its way better than any relaxed hair out there." in 5 reviews
VCAS710 R.
Although I love how it makes my hair feel, gives it volume makes it soft and gets my curls perky. I absolutely do not like the smell. It was practically sickening when I first tried it so much so I wrote the company to see if it was supposed to be like that and they sent me a new one right off the line to send my bottle back for testing. Although there was nothing wrong with the original bottle. So the smell... it is a combination of wet dog and I would say hair dye or strong perm solution. It doesn't all rinse out either so definitely use a conditioner after. I like [product:not-your-mother's-natural-line] for my conditioners in shower. SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo is a great combination with the above. It's a thicker shampoo product than most are probably used to, pretty all of Shea Moisture's products are thick. I have very fine & thin hair so when I use the conditioners or leave Ins I have to put a bit of water in to get a good consistency for my hair to not go limp. However with SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo I don't find my hair going limp or being weighed down like I do with their other products. My husband uses this as well and gets amazing curls and very hydrated hair. We both have very different hair & curl types but they work wonderfully on both of us. I put this one in to my routine to keep my hair moisturized and it really helps liven up my hair. This product is also Curly Girl/guy friendly for those that follow The Curly Girl Handbook by Lorraine Massey. I recommend these products all the time. Very reasonable price as well so great for those on limited budgets like myself. It seems like alot to pay for a smaller bottle but this stuff is thick and concentrated just like all of their products so you arn't paying for more water than actual product.
Zaneta O.
Fresh Meadows, NY
I'm really impressed with many aspects of this shampoo. The scent is downright delicious. Its a very sweet and inviting scent. It's got a great lather to it and cleanses fantastically. It's very moisturizing or as moisturizing as a shampoo can be. It rinses clean and makes my hair feel silky. Tje matching conditioner is equally good. I would definitely purchasw again and recommend to anyone with dry or damaged hair.
Marisela(Bertha) G.
El Paso, TX
SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo is amazing. This product is worth the cost 10 dollars but this shampoo is organic and sulfate free and shaped to help us women who have curly wavy hair it improves the hair to a different level that i could not believe how good it is for the hair not to mention how great this shampoo is I find it at Walmart
Kristen L.
Lafayette, IN
Another Holy Grail.So Raw and organic you can feel the difference.I use this shampoo once weekly.I wash twice.The first to get all the yuck out of my locks,& the second I will lather well and ler sit for 5 to 7 minutes.The beauty of thus shampoo is that is is so packed with hydration Is when you let it sit like a mask there is no need for conditioner.
Corinne D.
Denver, CO
I love Shea Moisture products! Thwey are natural ingredient based products that do a great job and keep up your hair health. This particular shampoo though I think you need to use a little more product than typical so you end up running through the bottle faster but if you don't your hair winds up looking rather greasy ecen though you JUST washed it
Marley S.
I really have dry and brittle hair. It has been thinning and losing hair. I decided to switch from my regular shampoos to a more quality base ingredient product that was sulfuric-free. It was the best change for my hair. My hair has been looking much more healthier, and softer. In the morning my hair looks moisturized and less frizzy!
Jillian G.
Miller Place
Let’s start off with how amazing the smell is! This brand is another huge favorite, I love how it’s ALL NATURAL and doesn’t have any nasty ingredients in it. I use it on my daughters hair. She has wild curly fizzy hair and when I tell you it helps calm it down, leaving it nice and straight, silky smooth, and so healthy!
Devin F.
Very rich and nourishing! Provides lots of hydration for dry, damaged hair! If your hair is thick, coarse, and frizzy, this is for you! If you have fine thin hair this will most likely weigh down your hair because it is so rich and creamy. Not a bad price for a drugstore product with beneficial ingredients!
Adebisi A.
I have natural Kinky-Curly hair & I can’t say that this shampoo was my favorite. I like that it has all natural ingredients, but I just didn’t like the way my hair felt, in the end.

I used this in the TRANSITION KIT, because I was transitioning my hair from perms, back to its natural state. This shampoo does not smell bad & it does lather well. The only thing is that my hair felt dry, frustrated & a bit tangled after. The shampoo didn’t “GIVE” my hair any moisture, you will definitely need hair cream after this shampoo. Use the same quarter-size amount as any other shampoo, or more if you have thick hair.
Lindsey C.
Louisa, KY
This is one of the worst shampoos I’ve ever tried. The smell isn’t too bad when you’re washing your hair but dear god does it smell horrible when your hair dries. I can’t stand the smell and I always have to wash my hair again to get the smell out. Not only does it smell horrid, it is so hard to wash out of your hair. It really sticks to it and always leaves my hair feeling bad. The only reason I have this 2 stars is because it really does seem moisturizing, however it’s just not worth it. I do not recommend and I won’t use the rest of the shampoo I have, let alone buy more of it.
DeAnna W.
Charlotte , NC
Does anyone not like the smell? I love the product but can't stand the smell.
Kaitlynn D.
Logan, WV
Does this make your hair oily ? I need something to fix my dry , damaged hair ?
Tiffany W.
Covington, GA
Is this shampoo any good I don't use shampoo on my natural hair often
Caitlin M.
Killeen, TX
Does this product actually help with dry hair?
Alisha R.
I don't use shampoo often at all because it makes my hair dry, I prefer co-wash. Is this moisturizing?