BY SHEAMOISTURE #44 in Shampoo

If you have dry, damaged hair, a gentle moisturizing cleanser will be your hair’s best friend! Try SheaMoisture’s Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo – a sulfate-free, paraben-free cleanser which is loaded with the goodness of organic, healing essential oils that strengthen and grow your hair.

This hydrating shampoo offers gentle cleansing for your hair and promotes scalp health without stripping your hair off natural oils. Keeping a clean and healthy scalp is key to growing long, strong and healthy hair! The unique blend of raw organic Shea Butter with Sea Kelp and Argan Oil aids in moisture retention and softens and smoothens damaged, coarse and brittle hair.

SheaMoisture’s Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo is a clarifying hair care treatment specially designed to gently cleanse and remove product build-up. It hydrates hair from deep within, so your dry, brittle and coarse tresses become smooth, frizz-free, and enviously bouncy.

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside(Coconut Oil), African Butyrospermum Parkii (shea Butter)*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Argan Oil, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Rosemary Extract, Sea Kelp Extract, Vitamin E, Guar Gum, Lonicera Capifloium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Avacado Oil

• What is your favorite Shea Moisture shampoo? I have tried their lot...2 Answers
  • Does this shampoo really clean your scalp?1 Answers
  • I've been wanting to try this. Is it worth the buy??1 Answers
SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo
  • "Going natural is no easy task for anyone having this product by my side push take care of my hair it was hard at the beginning but now three years of natural hair I can see that is worth it its way better than any relaxed hair out there." in 5 reviews
Tatyana D.
Tatyana D.
I absolutely love this shampoo. It's so moisturizing and has amazing slip. I have coily/curly, 3C/3B, kinky, thick, fine, dry, color damaged hair, and this made it so soft and CLEAN! I could actually DETANGLE with this shampoo. It also provide some shine and I didn't have to use a lot. The only con I have is that I didn't prefer the smell, and I would occasionally have to clarify more because using to much weighed my hair down. But don't let that stop you from buying. My preferences in smell is different, just like yours is different. Plus it doesn't seem to linger. Everyone prefers their own smell. And my hair only weighed down after the 7th wash. I only wash 1x a week. Plus I have very fine hair and use a lot of butters and oils in my hair. It lathers so well and lasted me 7 months with 2 people using it.
Madeline H.
Madeline H.
My hair (natural/currently texlaxed) and scalp hate this shampoo! The smell was too much for me and didn't go away after rinsing. My hair didn't feel clean and it left my curls limp. I tried it with the conditioner and leave-in from the same line and I tried it alone. Both times I had to rewash my hair with another shampoo because it felt like my scalp was burning. I thought the first time was a fluke but when it happened the second time I knew it was an allergic reaction of some sort. I had such high hopes for this based on reviews but my scalp/hair simply does not like the products in this line.
April M.
April M.
Tifton, GA
I was looking for a line of products that were natural but wouldn't break the bank as my income is limited. When I saw this I blanched at the price at first ($10) but decided to try it. It was a bit too heavy for my own hair and left it with a bit of residue BUT I use it on all of my children's hair and it does great. Their hair ranges from thick to thin and it works for them all without leaving residue or making it too heavy. I love that their products are organic and also bunny approved (cruelty free). I have been using the same bottle for over a year and am just now to the bottom
Christina C.
Christina C.
Smyrna, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
My grandmother uses this to give her hair some volume. I have very long dark brown hair, and i used this for the first time a couple weeks ago. I will admit, the smell, and the smoothness are great, but truth be told this left my hair weighed down and greasy. I definitely would not go to this for an every day shampoo, nor an ever once in a while. My hair is natural, but it did nothing but make it greasy. My grandmother seems to like it, so ill give it three stars for her since it's in our shower right now. Other than that, No, i don't think this shampoo was made for my type of hair.
Angela D.
Angela D.
I wish there were stars to give in different catagories because the effectiveness of the shampoo is 5 stars but the smell is 2 stars because it's not that great. I have relaxed hair but I have been stretching for well over a year and this shampoo keeps my dry hair in check I only have to moisturize once or twice a week and that's not normal for me because my hair is so dry I usually find myself moisturizing everyday I usually use the jbco line from shea moisture but this will be put in rotation because it leaves my thirsty hair moisturized and soft along with the conditioner
Alexandra R.
Alexandra R.
Naperville, IL
I truly believe this shampoo saved my hair! I used to straighten my hair a bunch for school, so my hair was super damaged and lifeless. Along with that, I used a shampoo/conditioner that had harsh chemicals (like suffer and alcohol, etc..) in them without realizing how bad it actually was for my hair.

I heard about this shampoo being made with natural ingredients and figured it was worth a try, SO glad i decided to pick it up! After a month of use, my hair is SO much thicker and shiny than it has been in a LONG time. Will continue to purchase this product! HIGHLY RECOMMEND
Saran C.
Saran C.
Soooooooo lets start off with the smell. At first it wasn't so bad but after being exposed to the scent every time I washed my hair it drove me up the wall. When I buy this I feel like I'm supporting a fellow African. I bought mine in Rite Aid so I can't tell you any shipping info. I wish the product line is a bit more cheaper but it's definitely worth every cent. It left my dry hair kind of stripped which I didn't like but with a conditioner that shouldn't be a problem. I've used this on colored treated hair and it didn't strip the color.
Rusti H.
Rusti H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I just bought this shampoo along with the deep treatment masque. I usually use something else but wanted to try something new. I hope I like it. It smells really nice so that's a plus already. The shampoo was around $10 & $12 for the hair mask. Rite-Aid had but one get one free thought now. I used it this weekend and loved the scent it left on my hair and seemed to really clean my hair without stripping it and drying it out. I will definitely keep this product in rotation.
Diana A.
Diana A.
San Antonio, TX
Shea is one of my favorite scents in this world! The scent on this isn't TOO strong, for those that are sensitive to smell. I have very thick, curly hair, so I only wash my hair every other day. This did give me a bit of build up the first time I washed with it, so now I only use this on my shaft, and ends. It definitely helps heal split ends, add moisture, and add shine. I would recommend this if you blow out your hair, or heat style your hair frequently.
Sarah M.
Sarah M.
Yacolt, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Shea Moisture is life changing! I had a bad dye job done which left me with dry, damaged hair. I began using this product based on a suggestion from a friend. I am so happy that I gave it a shot.

I was afraid at first as I am not their target audience (I am Caucasian). I feared it would be too heavy for my hair type. That isn't the case though! For the first time in my life I can now wash, air dry, lightly spritz and go.

I highly recommend this product!
DeAnna W.
DeAnna W.
Tempe , AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does anyone not like the smell? I love the product but can't stand the smell.
Kaitlynn D.
Kaitlynn D.
Logan, WV
Does this make your hair oily ? I need something to fix my dry , damaged hair ?
Tiffany W.
Tiffany W.
Douglasville, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this shampoo any good I don't use shampoo on my natural hair often
Caitlin M.
Caitlin M.
Killeen, TX
Does this product actually help with dry hair?
Connie L.
Connie L.
Brookhaven, PA
Does this dry out your hair? I have very thick hair that needs extra moisture. Also, is it good for wavy hair?