BY SHEAMOISTURE #52 in Face Masks

SheaMoisture Peace Rose Oil Complex Sensitive Skin Mud Mask deeply purifies sensitive skin as it soothes and comforts skin. Enriched with skin-nourishing certified organic Shea Butter and our proprietary complex of Alpine, Damask and Musk Rose Oils, it leaves skin feeling soft, smooth and refreshed. 10% of SheaMoisture. Gender: Unisex.

• Would you recommend this for sensitive combo skin? Does it unclog...1 Answers
  • Does this product cause a tingling/ burning sensation on the skin...2 Answers
  • Does this product leave anyone else's skin red, swollen, and sun-...3 Answers
Reviews (2003)
  • "i totally love this, i have really sensitive skin and my mom gave this to me to try it out and i can say that i kinda loved it it felt super great and i can see a difference i highly recommend it" in 441 reviews
Savannah K.
Daphne
Review for: SheaMoisture Peace Rose Oil Complex Sensitive Skin Mud Mask more...
I love the Shea Moisture Peace Rose Oil Complex Sensitive Skin Mud Mask! I have sensitive skin and this product is amazing! I use the product before bed once weekly. The label reads to use weekly or as needed. This mud mask is a defiant stress reliever. The label reads that the Peace Rose Oil Complex is a blend of Alpine Damask and Musk Rose Oils that soften and comforts skin. The Date Palm Extract is rich in vitamins and antioxidants, and smoothes and protects skin. Finally, the Camellia Leaf Extract has soothing properties that helps to calm the skin. The label reads to leave the product on for up to 10 minutes. Use a wet wash cloth to remove the mask when finished. It is very easy to remove and non irritating. This mask has helped with my acne and I love it!! The product lasts for a long time and is a great price! Would defiantly recommend!! SheaMoisture Peace Rose Oil Complex Sensitive Skin Mud Mask
Sydnee G.
Review for: SheaMoisture Peace Rose Oil Complex Sensitive Skin Mud Mask - 6 Fl Oz more...
This mask can burn any open acne you may have, but it does wonders. It takes off that irritation layer on your skin and puts a lot of moisture back into your face. It clears away the imperfections.
You may see some “more acne” with the first few uses, but these aren’t breakouts. Your dry skin and oily skin is going away and imperfections are going away, so the acne hidden under scars or dry skin or anything else become visible in their baby and innocent forms just on the outer surface of your skin, but it’s not a building thing where you have to go through a cycle of acne for your skin to adjust. The acne doesn’t get deep or rooted. It’s right on the surface and it goes right away. Your face goes back to itself. I love this product. The only reason it is a four star is because of the fact that it did burn a few spots on my skin that had had acne issues on them.
Sydnee G.
Review for: SheaMoisture Peace Rose Oil Complex Sensitive Skin Mud Mask with Date Palm & Camellia Extracts 0.5 oz more...
This mask takes several uses to have real effects, so if you’re looking for a one-time miracle mask, this isn’t it, it that’s how most facial masks are.
Rose oil is great for calming and healing skin (its wonderful for “wounded” acne) and is one of my favorites in any skin care product. Shea moisture is one of my favorites anyway because it does deliver a good amount of moisture for one-time masks. I would definitely recommend any of their daily products because the day-to-day usage of shea moisture really does bring life back to the face.
This mask feels refreshing and helps the skin find it’s vibrance again. It calms irritation and redness and feels refreshing to use.
Miranda S.
Whiting
I bought this while i was trying to find something that was not so harsh on my hair but still moisturized it. This sent sucked me in just to try it. Most shampoos/conditioners have a great smell but you cant smell it after you have rinsed it out. I have gotten compliments on how good I smell since I started using it. My hair is dry and wavy so I need the moisture but most conditioners just make my hair dryer and oils are too strong and leave my hair greasy. I wash my hair once a week with this and it leaves it so amazingly soft. Even if i need to wash a second time during the week it still turns out soft. I even have the hair milk and the gel in the same scents. I have always had dry hair but super oily roots so this has been amazing to find. Some times if I dont wash out enough it leaves an oily residue but when I rinse with water the next morning it doesnt look oily. I would recommend this to anyone! for someone with combination hair and long hair it has been a miracle to find this. I literally will not use anything else and I always buy several bottles at a time just in case they stop making it. I havent tried any of the other products of a different scent but I can imagine that they are just as wonderful! I have also paid for $50-$100 a bottle for other sham/condi. and they have been a waste of money. for $10 this product is the best.
Chenoa A.
Dodge City, KS
I like a lot of their products but this one is a no for me. I purchased it at Wal-Mart for a very cheap price, and I have enough to use a second time. It smelt great but it does sting until it dries. I kept it on for the 10 mins. I have pretty sensitive skin and this in no was calmed it! My face still stung after having it washed off for 25 mins. It did feel smoother but didn't look it. This picture was 15 minutes after washing it off. I didn't use the other half, I gave it to my husband.
Melisa L.
Detroit , MI
I love this mask! It goes on cold and smooth like a clay type mix, it then dries down. Not heavily scented, and my face felt really clean afterwards. I was using this mask all year round, now I will only be using it during the summer, it doesn’t moisturize too much, it kind of dries the skin just a tad, which is why I use it during that season when I need to control my oils in my skin more. The only reason I give this product a 4 Star is because it tends to burn a little, I’m not sure why is it’s peace rose complex which is said to calm, but every facial wash I use before it, or just using it on its own, the mask has burned a little.
Fatimah G.
Aurora, IL
My skin is sensitive, dry, with selective oily spots just for good measure. I used this about a week or so ago when Chicago got another cold, dry snap and it really helped soothe my skin. My face was much more moisturized and even a bit more radiant (if I say so myself). There was a good amount of product in the packet, enough so I could actually apply it pretty thick. It has a fragrance, but nothing cloying or too strong. It is a little pricier than other masks, but that could be because I picked it up from Walgreens. I really liked this and would not only use it again (as a little splurge), but recommend it to others.
Angela M.
Riviera Beach, FL
Sensitive skin every day needs to be hydrated that give them affection that keep them clean for what is sensitive feel a little less because we know that the sensitivity in the face can give for rosacea for acne and every bacteria that passes through the environment can give more sensitivity then obviously you have to hydrate your face a lot so that the skin becomes stronger and I love this oil Because besides that it smells delicious leaves you super super bright and beautiful and does not irritate your skin more than what you already you should have it
Da'Onne B.
Oklahoma City, OK
Normally I dislike mud masks because I hate that tight feeling on my face as they become dry after a few minutes. I'm already a huge fan of SM's black soap mask for problem skin, so I decided to give this a whirl too. Even though it's a mud mask, it doesn't dry all tight like other mud masks do - it seems to retain some moisture in it so my face doesn't feel tight and stretched. I absolutely love the smell, it smells like roses! As far as the burn, it only burns a little bit on places where my skin is a little dry (like areas where you use benzoyl peroxide or other drying agents like that on a regular basis - for me, it's my chin!). And I didn't even find the "burn" that severe - more like a strong tingle for about a minute, then it goes away. This mask is actually quite soothing, and my face looks so clear & even and feels so smooth after I remove the mask. And the rosy smell lingers for awhile, and I like that :) I still prefer the black soap mask for regular use, but I'll definitely throw this in the mix for some variety once in awhile, it is a very good mud mask.
Subira J.
Athens, GA
I have a love-hate relationship with this brand but I’m skin care products have not steer me wrong. Awesome buddy with sensitive skin, this mask does exactly what it says it’s going to do. I really like that when I put it on a get a slight heating complex with it because a lot of masks you just put on your face and you really don’t know what it’s doing but the fact that it’s heating up my face lets me know that it’s really working to get the dirt out of my pores. It dries pretty fast, and with a combination of this mask and another one from the mask line, my skin is always glowing the next day.
Samara S.
Dayton, OH
Did anyone have a slight burning sensation when using this mask? Like a "warming" feeling as it set and hardened?
Ashley K.
I know this is for sensitive skin, but has anyone tried this and your face got irritated or broken out? I have purchased this and want to try it.
Jasmine L.
Quincy, IL
Does this dry out your skin?
Jessica B.
Spartanburg, SC
Does this product leave anyone else's skin red, swollen, and sun-burnt feeling?
Shelby C.
Brock, TX
Has anyone else experienced burning and discomfort when using this?