$7.99 on ULTA
4.0% CASHBACK
SHOP NOW
*3 other buying options

FULL PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
This reparative leave-in conditioner softens and detangles hair while controlling frizz. Perfect for those who regularly color, straighten, perm or heat style their hair, as well as kinky, curly or wavy natural styles. Formulated with Jamaican Black Castor Oil and certified organic Shea Butter to nourish, moisturize and support elasticity so hair resists breakage when detangling. Conditioners provide a protective layer that improves the appearance of split ends. Peppermint stimulates the scalp for an invigorating experience.

SheaMoisture is dedicated to maintaining the accuracy of the ingredient lists on this website. However, because raw ingredients listings are subject to change due to INCI, we cannot guarantee that these lists are complete, up-to-date and/or error-free. For an accurate listing of ingredients in each product, please refer to your product packaging.

PRODUCT DETAILS
More Information
Size    16 OZ
Height (inches)    3
Width (inches)    4
Depth (inches)    4
Key Ingredients    Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Peppermint
Collection    Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Usage Instructions    Apply to clean, towel dried hair. Work a generous amount of product into hair from root to ends. Gently comb through for even distribution. Do not rinse. Apply additional product as needed depending on hair length and condition.
Ingredients    Water, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*♥, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Dicaprylyl Ether, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Adansonia Digitata (Baobab) Seed Oil, Glycerin (Vegetable), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit (Buriti) Oil, Vinegar, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Niacin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Yeast Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Fragrance (Essential Oil Blend) *Certified Organic Ingredient ♥Fair Trade Ingredient

Would you say that this is a light or heavy conditioner?
Does this product actually grow your hair?
Is this best used overnight? Should it be applied on wet or damp hair?
Start your review of SheaMoisture® Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Leave-in Conditioner!
How would you rate this product?
6 days agoPlanet Earth
Purchased at: Walgreens
So, I had seen several videos on people reviewing this leave in conditioner on YouTube and they all had pretty positive reviews for the most part so I thought I would try this out for myself. I ended up being overcharged for this item by Walgreens because Wal-Mart did not have it in stock. This was my 3 purchase from SheaMoisture and like the last two, it's getting a one star. When I apply this product to my hair, it goes on well but whenever I comb my hair to put it in a sleek bun or high ponytail, there are white flakes in my hair. I have used it about 5 times and it has not failed to flake up in my hair and make it look as if I got dandruff. I am going to continue to use this product until I finish up the container because Walgreens charged me $13 for it and I don't want it taking up any unwanted space underneath my sink. This leave in conditioner is not worth the money, and it did not do anything spectacular for my hair (my hair didn't even feel moisturized when I used it.) This was my third and last purchase from this brand and I recommend putting money towards a leave in that would not flake in your hair and ruin your wash days.
2 months agoNew York, NY
SheaMoisture® Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Leave-in Conditioner uploaded by Shaneka R.
Purchased at: Walgreens
So, I'll start out by saying that I used the entire jar of product before writing this review in order to give as Fair a review as possible. For those who might be curious, I have low porosity type 4C natural hair. The texture of this product is more of a silken consistency, think lotion. It smells okay, A little aromatic but nothing overpowering for my taste. The packaging was secure enough, your standard plastic jar which makes the product easy to reach and apply. The Pros: What I liked about this product was that it uses a lot of certified organic and fair-trade ingredients, it's also cruelty free and ethically treated. It was easy to use and apply, but also rinsed out without any issues or leaving a film on my hair. The Cons: this will differ from person to person but I didn't like the consistency. I like my leave-in conditioners to be a bit thicker and the lotion like feel seemed to just sit on my hair instead of penetrating it. Also, I tried to change things up by using it with heat, by using it overnight, and but using it with additional oils, but it didn't seem to help much with strengthening the Integrity of my hair. Also, while the product didn't leave a film on my hair it seem to leave one on my hands which just rubbed me the wrong way. Verdict: I've tried other shea moisture products in the past and had success, but this one just seemed like a Miss for me. Perhaps if you have a different level of porosity you'll have better luck! I gave it three stars for the ease of use the transparency on ingredients and the lack of hair film after rinsing.
6 days agoOrlando , FL
SheaMoisture® Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Leave-in Conditioner uploaded by Ana C.
Purchased at: Walmart
Leave-in for dried. I loved this product, just no more stars because I did not like the smell, I believe it is because of the beaver oil. Other than that the product is wonderful. Leave-in para cebelos rececados e sem forma. Eu adorei esse produto, só não de mais estrelas porque não gostei muito do cheiro, eu acredito que seja por causa do castor oil. Fora isso o produto é maravilhoso!
2 days agoNYC
Okay. I really love this product it’s great that it comes in bigger sizes because the way I go through it is not a joke. This is another holy grail of mine, very moisturizing, if you put too much it’ll be greasy but my hair drinks it up like Minute Maid 😂. Only complaint is the smell, kinda smells like play dough but I’d rather a natural smell than an overly fragranced product.
3 months agoCincinnati , OH
SheaMoisture® Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Leave-in Conditioner uploaded by Jen P.
Purchased at: Target
Ok. So. I’m sort of on the fence with This leave in conditioner. It’s a pretty decent leave in for a cream in my opinion. I apply it to my towel dried hair after a wash. It’s maybe a bit much for my hair because my hair is pretty fine in texture but is super fuzzy and curly. It left a bit of a weird feeling in my hair once dried. I think it would be better for coarser hair. I think my biggest flaw with this product in particular is the smell of it. It legit smells like play-dough to me 🤢🤷🏽‍♀️ but I will continue to try other Shea moisture products, maybe a spray leave in next, and maybe I will smell it first next time too 🤣
a day agoFountain Hls, AZ
I like pretty much everything I try from shea moisture but... this smells like play doh. But besides that, the ingredients are pretty good and it does add shine and moisture! However- I do prefer products that add a little more weight to my hair than this does. If you have highly textured hair and are looking for a lighter leave in give this one a try!
a month agoDallas , TX
Great leave-in conditioner! I mostly use the LOC method • Leave-In, Oil & Cream SheaMoisture® Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Leave-in Conditioner It works in good doesn’t leave residual but the smell 😩🤔 not sure I am a fan. 🤷🏽‍♀️ it’s not strong but I smell it smell it lol I love SheaMoisture products ❤️
15 hours agoNorwood, PA
Purchased at: CVS
I LOVE this leave in conditioner. I have very dry, brittle hair and I’m always looking to hydrate and strengthen my hair. I tend to use this differently than instructed, I’ll slather it on a significant amount and leave it in overnight and wash it out in the morning. My hair feels so much softer and smoother after using it.
3 months agoLufkin, TX
SheaMoisture® Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Leave-in Conditioner uploaded by Rosa G.
Purchased at: Walmart
I am enchanted with this product. Looks can be deceiving. The viscosity of the product is very thin but has worked wonders on my locks. The price was reasonable for the amount of product you get and you dont have to use alot. I normally wash my hair and towel dry. I then dip my fingers into the product and spread I to my hair. I do this twice. I'll braid my hair and when I remove my braid it has left my hair amazing!!!
5 days agoLos Angeles
My favorite leave in and line from Sheamoisture. It’s great for hydration and shine. I would use every week if I didn’t have other hair cocktails. It’s also a great price for the amount you get.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
7 months ago
SheaMoisture® Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Leave-in Conditioner is this a good product to moisture low porosity hair ?
Tiana B. 4 months ago
Honestly I'm not sure. If you try it maybe just try a little.