BY SHEAMOISTURE #3 in Shampoo

A clarifying, Sulfate-free shampoo that removes product build-up, while infusing hair with moisture. Leaves hair soft and shiny. Gentle enough to use every day. Promotes growth by nourishing and strengthening damaged or chemically processed hair, reducing the appearance of breakage and shedding. Apple Cider Vinegar aids in regulating and balancing pH levels on the scalp, while softening hair to promote enhanced growth.

Featured Ingredients

• Shea Butter - Deeply moisturizes while conditioning hair and scalp.
  • Jamaican Black Castor Oil - Loaded with reparative omegas that promote healthy hair growth.
  • Apple Cider Vinegar - Contains natural AHA's that clarify and help regulate pH levels of the scalp.
  • Peppermint - Stimulates the scalp for an invigorating experience.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Fragrance (Essential Oil Blend), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Vinegar, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3, Niacin, Dextran, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Caramel, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract

LEGEND
*Certified Organic Ingredient.

• Does this really help your hairs strength? 2 Answers
  • Will this leave my hair feeling dry?3 Answers
  • I also have the shea moisture Jamaican black castor oil strengthen ...3 Answers
SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Grow Shampoo
  • "I'm so in love with this shampoo it's leaves my hair soft and silky, so much so that I no longer use conditioner." in 1 review
  • "After just one wash my hair felt healthier and lighter." in 1 review
  • "Although it says it is a clarifying shampoo, it doesn't leave my hair feeling like straw." in 1 review
Jessi T.
Jessi T.
Richmond , VA
I don't even know where to start on this shampoo. First, I guess I should start out by saying I have naturally blonde, fine but very thick hair. I blow dry and straighten my hair everyday and the damage has made my curly hair extremely frizzy and crunchy.
This shampoo has changed everything. My hair is softer than it has ever been. It is weightless, shiny and it doesn't leave my hair oily which I have a major problem with. All the little, frizzy fly-always stay nicely in place.
I was a little concerned initially about the consistency of the shampoo (very runny). I thought it would take a lot more to wash my hair but it takes very little. Many of the reviews have stated that it has a very off-putting smell. I think it smells like brownies which I love.
I also love that this shampoo has no nasty chemicals. I can't suggest this shampoo enough. I will never buy anything else.
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Greenwood, IN
I LOVE this shampoo and have repurchased twice now (which is a rarity). I have thick/curly/beach wavy type hair and am in the process of growing my hair out. I first saw this product on sale at my local grocery store and immediately gravitated towards it because it's Shea Moisture (a trusted brand for me) and also because it said "grow/restore." I feel this product does what it says it claims and my hair IS growing. It doesn't leave my scalp feeling like sandpaper and leaves my scalp just feeling SO clean. While, the price is a set back for some people, be aware that a little goes a long way and people should only be shampooing their scalp not the lengths/ends of hair. One bottle can last me several months and spending $10-$11 every 2-3 months is completely worth it. I feel my hair has never looked better and it also feels so much healthier!
Lauren K.
Lauren K.
This product is absolutely amazing and close to a miracle! It has completely transformed my hair and has helped it to finally grow! I love the ingredients and how safe it is but more importantly I love that it works to cleanse my hair and also help it to grow stronger, thicker, and way faster! I am never THIS in love with a product! I have literally told all my friends and family to purchase this, along with the conditioner and hair mask! It works so well! The conditioner may not be the silky smooth conditioner like major brands but the benefits of this product greatly outweigh this! Please give this product a shot.. I've been using it for four months and my hair has grown almost 3 1/2 inches! I cannot wait to finish my full blog review and show you all pictures!
Zan F.
Zan F.
I recently did a big chop in February and decided to commit myself to a haircare regimen when it started to grow back. I incorporated this shampoo as a staple in my routine and I'd shampoo with it at least 3 times a week. I started with an extremely low fade and after 3 months i have a thriving fro. This shampoo is so moisturizing that you don't need a conditioner after. You could get away with a leave in conditioner. The apple cider vinegar really helps to clean your scalp and the shea butter helps with moisture. When i want to deep condition i start with this and then i use the superfruit complex masque by shea moisture as well. This has been really helpful on my journey to get my natural hair to flourish.
Jeanie F.
Jeanie F.
San Angelo, TX
I have pretty healthy hair, but it's fine and has a little wave. I am trying to grow my hair out, but it's a struggle with PCOS affecting things.
I really liked the scent of this shampoo. This didn't lather up at all, but knowing how much of the ingredients are to keep things natural and gentle, I wasn't expecting lather anyway. I liked the scent and feel of the shampoo, but it kind of clumped my hair together as I tried to distribute it into my hair. It rinsed out fine, but my hair didn't feel too moisturized. I used the Jamaican Black Castor Oil masque afterwards and my hair was soft for a few hours then felt dry again. I will keep using it and hopefully things improve.
Camellia M.
Camellia M.
I don't know if I've ever loved a shampoo as much as I love this one. I color my hair, straighten it with a flat iron, curl it, blow dry it, etc--all the things that aren't inherently "good" for my hair. In addition to that, I deal with a dry, irritable scalp that's temperamental in nature. I've tried almost everything I could possibly think of to help revive the health of my hair and scalp, but nothing has worked as well as this shampoo! As if that's not enough reason to give this product a chance, it smells AMAZING! I used to dread coming up on day three of my hair (I wash my hair on the third day), but now I look forward to it because of how much I love this shampoo!
Marlena S.
Marlena S.
One of my favorite SheaMoisture shampoos. It's perfect for the days when you absolutely HAVE to wash your hair. I have tightly curled hair and I use 2-3 different styling products on my hair on a daily basis. I also do not wash my hair often. I usually wash every 10-14 days, or when I feel my hair just cant take it anymore. That's when I use this shampoo because it is so clarifying! It gets all that days worth of product out of my hair and leaves it feeling fresh and clean. I do find it to be slightly drying perhaps due to the acidic ingredients. But I find it's not so bothersome if I follow up with a good deep conditioner. Overall, SheaMoisture hits another home-run!
Georgina E.
Georgina E.
Piscataway, NJ
FYI: I've been natural since Jan. 2011 and have 4b/4c textured hair. The SheaMoisture brand has been a staple in my regimen. I've tried a few of their shampoos and this is my favorite. I bought in from ULTA and the bottle was huge. For me, it doesn't take much of this product to clean each section of my hair. A little goes a long way. It could be because I only use natural products on my hair so I don't really have much build up on wash day (I wash my hair about once a month). It leaves my hair looking and feeling clean but not that dry, squeaky clean. This shampoo doesn't have a strong smell and the consistency is good.
Navem S.
Navem S.
Titusville , FL
This shampoo is my personal favorite right now. I use it every time I wash my hair. I was nervous at first because it is a clarifying shampoo. Those have a tendency to be harsh on hair. This one is not. My hair hangs to my waist, the top is bleached and the underneath is natural. It doesn't dry my hair out and cleanses it gently. This shampoo is so moisturizing! I also use it on my 2 yr old daughter who has ringlets. Leaves her curls so bouncy and defined. It also works great on my 8 yr old daughters hair and her hair is very fine and fragile. Give this a try. You won't be sorry.
Ana-Sofia D.
Ana-Sofia D.
I loved the story behind this shampoo and products so I decided to try this out. I have thick hispanic hair but the top of my head is oily while the bottom is dry. This stuff is NOT clarifying. It is so so thick and leaves your hair smelling lovely but greasy. I felt like I had left my hair unwashed for days while I was blow drying it. I have no idea if it helped stimulate any hair growth because I use it and wash it out with another shampoo if I even use it. I didn't want to throw it out but I have my husband use it because he has fine hair that could use some thickness.
Crystal P.
Crystal P.
Lacota, MI
I've been looking for something like this. I would love to know if this works and where can I find it in stores?!
Ivette G.
Ivette G.
Fort Worth, TX
Where can I buy this? Is it okay to pair with the conditioner?
Vanessa  N.
Vanessa N.
Does it leave your hair with the squeaky clean feel?
Katherine B.
Katherine B.
I have really short and thin eyelashes and really want them to be thick and long. Would this help them grow thick and long? If not , can you recomend something that would work.
Ann C.
Ann C.
Spokane, WA
Does this help your hair grow thicker and faster?