BY SHEAMOISTURE #4 in Shampoo

Descriptions:

A clarifying, Sulfate-free shampoo that removes product build-up, while infusing hair with moisture. Leaves hair soft and shiny. Gentle enough to use every day. Promotes growth by nourishing and strengthening damaged or chemically processed hair, reducing the appearance of breakage and shedding. Apple Cider Vinegar aids in regulating and balancing pH levels on the scalp, while softening hair to promote enhanced growth.

Featured Ingredients

• Shea Butter - Deeply moisturizes while conditioning hair and scalp.
  • Jamaican Black Castor Oil - Loaded with reparative omegas that promote healthy hair growth.
  • Apple Cider Vinegar - Contains natural AHA's that clarify and help regulate pH levels of the scalp.
  • Peppermint - Stimulates the scalp for an invigorating experience.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Fragrance (Essential Oil Blend), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Vinegar, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3, Niacin, Dextran, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Caramel, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract

LEGEND
*Certified Organic Ingredient.

• Has anyone had any luck with this shampoo?4 Answers
  • Is this a good option for color treated hair?3 Answers
  • Will it weigh down thin/fine Caucasian hair? I am trying ...2 Answers
  • "After just one wash my hair felt healthier and lighter." in 1 review
  • "I'm so in love with this shampoo it's leaves my hair soft and silky, so much so that I no longer use conditioner." in 1 review
  • "Although it says it is a clarifying shampoo, it doesn't leave my hair feeling like straw." in 1 review
Taylor S.
This Jamaican black castor oil shampoo worked phenomenally on my black hair. The scent, texture, and tingling lathering sensation made me feel like I was in a salon chair in Beverly Hills. After rinsing, I immediately felt the effects of the product. My hair was de-tangled, shiny, and easy to comb-thru. Before your hair is fully dry is the recommended time slot to rub in some of the SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Grow Leave-In Conditioner. When paired with the shampoo, this conditioner highlights its already impressive results. And when dried, it is best to add some SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk to your hair for maximum moisture and silkiness without making your hair greasy and heavy. These three products work excellently together to deliver a fresh scent, more manageable hair, and the feeling of a big weight being lifted off of your shoulders after just one wash and style. I highly recommend.
S K.
This shampoo (along with the conditioner and hair mask) saved my scalp.

I had a very oily, dandruff ridden scalp as a teen. As an adult, it went on the opposite direction- dry as the Gobi, and now with flakes from the dryness. It was the worst at my hairline and near my ears, but it was all over the place.

I bought the shampoo/conditioner/hair mask in trial sizes on a whim. Literally one go around made my scalp so calm and happy. It feels really good on the head, the run off doesn't annoy my skin, and I'm flake free. You know that feeling you get when it seems like your hair is getting 'used' to the shampoo? Never feel it. It's always refreshing and has transitioned from dead cold, dry winter to way too humid spring and has kept my scalp and hair (long, thick, frizzy mix of wiry Irish and Asian coarse) in place and healthy.
Liane C.
Taylorsville, UT
I started the curly girl method on and off about 2 years ago, and have only gotten back into it because of this shampoo and conditioner. I've watched countless YouTube videos and read many articles on the best types of shampoo/conditioner for curly hair when going natural, and this line was the most recommended. What really sold me on it was that it's sulfate free, and there are absolutely no sulfate based ingredients listed (this is a big problem I run into with hair products that claim to be sulfate free). Not only did this leave my curls softer and more defined after the first use, but it has been making my hair longer and stronger as well. My hair has grown tremendously since I started using it 3 months ago and I have way less breakage than ever before. DON'T SLEEP ON THIS!!

When I use the shampoo, I apply it ONLY to my roots and scalp and massage it in all over with the pads of my fingers (not the nails!). This stimulates blood circulation in the head, and promotes hair growth. If there is product in the rest of my hair, I wash it out with the excess from my roots when I'm rinsing. I apply the conditioner everywhere but my roots, leave it in for about 3-5 minutes, and then rinse most but not all of it out. I wrap my hair with a microfiber towel until it's no longer dripping, and follow up with the leave in conditioner from this line as well. I usually don't need any other products afterwards since my hair doesn't end up getting frizzy.
Hannah M.
So I was recently diagnosed with telogen effluvium. It has caused more than half of my hair to fall out from a vitamin D deficiency. I was absolutely terrified so I began searching for some of the best hair products I can use to prevent anymore from falling out. I started using this every other day and my hair has improved drastically. It has started growing back and it feels so much better. Anyone experiencing any kind of hair problems, I strongly recommend this shampoo/conditioner brand to everyone I talk to!!!
They have wonderful smells. I’ve dropped tons of money on hair products and none of them have come close to this one. It doesn’t have any of the bad ingredients that are in all the ones that we spend so much money to use.
Erica R.
Clarksville, TN
I love Shea Moisture products and have tried nearly everything they offer. I was excited about this line because my hair is really damaged from heat and bleaching a couple times. I knew that these ingredients can be really beneficial for repairing hair. I used both this shampoo and conditioner for several months.
I am not too keen on the smell, their other products smell alot nicer. I honestly didn't see that much of a change in the health of my hair either. I know not to expect too much out of products too quickly but there just wasn't anything special going on here. I do like that there's no harmful sulfate or parabens, this line is a dream for curly haired girls! I definitely e joyed the shampoo more than the conditioner I will say that much.
All in all, I like the product because it has amazing ingredients, but there wasn't significant change.
Rachel L.
This shampoo is pretty gosh darn good.. I have a slow thyroid so I deal with a lot of hair loss and because my hair is so fine it starts to look thin fairly quickly. I've been using SheaMoisture products for about 4+ years and I must say this is by far one of my favorite shampoos from this company.. Since I started using this about 2 months ago I've started to see about an inch or so of new hair growth along my scalp. It looks funny because now I have all this extra baby hair, but that's what I want so I love it.. lol.. Another thing I love about this product is that it is so moisturizing I rarely ever need conditioner. If you are dealing with hair loss or slow growth definitely give this one a shot. You won't be disappointed.

UPDATE: So I'm still seeing lots of great hair growth with this product, but I do feel like over time it has begun to dry out my ends... I'm going to have to find a nice hydrating conditioner that I can use for my tips, but I still love this shampoo very much especially for the hair growth benefits that I am seeing.. Won't be giving this one up.
Stacie J.
To me this doesnt even deserve 1 star. Im caucasion and have baby fine thin hair. Before I began using my hair was in good health. I wanted a product to help control oil and possibly appear fuller. I used the shampoo and conditioner about 3 weeks to a month. It caused severe breakage and dried my hair out. I have breakage on top in several places that my hair is broken down to less than an inch. Thanks to this awful horrid product I had to buy hair fiber concealer to cover my scalp and as soon as I have the money a topper to cover my now patchy hair on top. Im very upset and disgusted by the damage this product has caused. It also smells horrible, but dealt with the nauseating scent hoping for good results. My hair dresser had even commented on what had I been using to cause my hair to be so fragile, dry, and broken. She had never saw my hair in such poor condition in the 3 years shes done my hair. If you have baby fine thin caucasion hair be very cautious if you use this. But from my experience with this product its very harsh. Ive used many products over the years and this honestly was by far the worst most damaging shampoo and conditioner Ive ever used. If youre using this product and youre noticing loss and excessive dryness, please stop...it only gets worse!
Mayra L.
Let me just say this product works! If you can stand the smell, which didn’t bother me much but it is pretty strong, then you will love this shampoo. I was recommended this shampoo while I was on a hair recovery mode from bleaching my hair silver. I noticed significant growth in the 8 months I used this shampoo plus my hair was so soft and shiny. It also helped out with my scalp dryness I get during the winter. I originally found this one at CVS but can not find it there in my local one so I’ve had to order it online. I very much so recommend this shampoo!
Kiara T.
Bronx, NY
I’ve been using this shampoo with the matching conditioner for over a month and I gotta say it’s amazing, I feel the difference in my hair, it’s stronger, I don’t get as much fall out as before which is a huge plus, only thing I hate about it is the scent, it’s strong and disgusting, unlike the other Shea moisture products that have a yummy smell. I would always have to put a leave in that has a good strong smell so it can counter act the smell of this product. Other then that it does what it says. And I will continue buying it
Maikyla R.
Port Gibson, MS
I started using this shampoo because it was supposed to help with heat damage, and it is pretty much the only shampoo I use now. I would usually clarify my hair with Apple Cider Vinegar once a month before this shampoo, and that has narrowed all the way down to as needed. It smells nice and a little bit of it goes a long way in my thick, medium length hair. I would recommend this to anyone who uses a lot of different styling products, as it cleans really well and it doesn't dry my hair out in the process.
Crystal P.
Lacota, MI
I've been looking for something like this. I would love to know if this works and where can I find it in stores?!
Ivette G.
Fort Worth, TX
Where can I buy this? Is it okay to pair with the conditioner?
Vanessa  N.
Does it leave your hair with the squeaky clean feel?
Rubi K.
Scarborough, ON
As Jamaican black castor oil has a strong smell and feel, does the shampoo also have a heavy feel and smell to it?
Katherine B.
I have really short and thin eyelashes and really want them to be thick and long. Would this help them grow thick and long? If not , can you recomend something that would work.