BY SHEAMOISTURE #3 in Shampoo

A clarifying, Sulfate-free shampoo that removes product build-up, while infusing hair with moisture. Leaves hair soft and shiny. Gentle enough to use every day. Promotes growth by nourishing and strengthening damaged or chemically processed hair, reducing the appearance of breakage and shedding. Apple Cider Vinegar aids in regulating and balancing pH levels on the scalp, while softening hair to promote enhanced growth.

Featured Ingredients

• Shea Butter - Deeply moisturizes while conditioning hair and scalp.
  • Jamaican Black Castor Oil - Loaded with reparative omegas that promote healthy hair growth.
  • Apple Cider Vinegar - Contains natural AHA's that clarify and help regulate pH levels of the scalp.
  • Peppermint - Stimulates the scalp for an invigorating experience.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Fragrance (Essential Oil Blend), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Vinegar, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3, Niacin, Dextran, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Caramel, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract

LEGEND
*Certified Organic Ingredient.

• Has anyone had any luck with this shampoo?2 Answers
  • Is this a good option for color treated hair?2 Answers
  • Will it weigh down thin/fine Caucasian hair? I am trying to grow ...2 Answers
SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Grow Shampoo
  • "I'm so in love with this shampoo it's leaves my hair soft and silky, so much so that I no longer use conditioner." in 1 review
  • "After just one wash my hair felt healthier and lighter." in 1 review
  • "Although it says it is a clarifying shampoo, it doesn't leave my hair feeling like straw." in 1 review
Liane C.
Taylorsville, UT
Beauty Junkie Expert
I started the curly girl method on and off about 2 years ago, and have only gotten back into it because of this shampoo and conditioner. I've watched countless YouTube videos and read many articles on the best types of shampoo/conditioner for curly hair when going natural, and this line was the most recommended. What really sold me on it was that it's sulfate free, and there are absolutely no sulfate based ingredients listed (this is a big problem I run into with hair products that claim to be sulfate free). Not only did this leave my curls softer and more defined after the first use, but it has been making my hair longer and stronger as well. My hair has grown tremendously since I started using it 3 months ago and I have way less breakage than ever before. DON'T SLEEP ON THIS!!

When I use the shampoo, I apply it ONLY to my roots and scalp and massage it in all over with the pads of my fingers (not the nails!). This stimulates blood circulation in the head, and promotes hair growth. If there is product in the rest of my hair, I wash it out with the excess from my roots when I'm rinsing. I apply the conditioner everywhere but my roots, leave it in for about 3-5 minutes, and then rinse most but not all of it out. I wrap my hair with a microfiber towel until it's no longer dripping, and follow up with the leave in conditioner from this line as well. I usually don't need any other products afterwards since my hair doesn't end up getting frizzy.
Rachel L.
Review for: Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Replenishing Shampoo
This shampoo is pretty gosh darn good.. I have a slow thyroid so I deal with a lot of hair loss and because my hair is so fine it starts to look thin fairly quickly. I've been using SheaMoisture products for about 4+ years and I must say this is by far one of my favorite shampoos from this company.. Since I started using this about 2 months ago I've started to see about an inch or so of new hair growth along my scalp. It looks funny because now I have all this extra baby hair, but that's what I want so I love it.. lol.. Another thing I love about this product is that it is so moisturizing I rarely ever need conditioner. If you are dealing with hair loss or slow growth definitely give this one a shot. You won't be disappointed.
Stacie J.
To me this doesnt even deserve 1 star. Im caucasion and have baby fine thin hair. Before I began using my hair was in good health. I wanted a product to help control oil and possibly appear fuller. I used the shampoo and conditioner about 3 weeks to a month. It caused severe breakage and dried my hair out. I have breakage on top in several places that my hair is broken down to less than an inch. Thanks to this awful horrid product I had to buy hair fiber concealer to cover my scalp and as soon as I have the money a topper to cover my now patchy hair on top. Im very upset and disgusted by the damage this product has caused. It also smells horrible, but dealt with the nauseating scent hoping for good results. My hair dresser had even commented on what had I been using to cause my hair to be so fragile, dry, and broken. She had never saw my hair in such poor condition in the 3 years shes done my hair. If you have baby fine thin caucasion hair be very cautious if you use this. But from my experience with this product its very harsh. Ive used many products over the years and this honestly was by far the worst most damaging shampoo and conditioner Ive ever used. If youre using this product and youre noticing loss and excessive dryness, please stop...it only gets worse!
Svetlana M.
Edgewater, CO
Beauty Junkie Expert
I purchased this shampoo only because I saw that it was rated as one of the top shampoos on Influenster!! I have color-treated, dry hair that I wash 3-4 times a week and use dry shampoo on all the other days. This shampoo felt great while being lathered in my hair and I loved the liquid consistency of it, which made my hair absorb the nutrients rapidly. I didn't personally see many differences between this shampoo and any other shampoo I've tried. I still have to use a volumizing dry shampoo after showering because my hair looks flat and doesn't have enough volume. This shampoo did make my hair look healthier, but I don't know if it made it stronger or thicker. Nonetheless, it's an affordable product that could be great for a lot of people, maybe just not for me.
Valerie M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I started using this shampoo when I had dyed black hair and bleached ends (multiple colors through the years!) and it's absolutely perfect for color treated hair. It's the only clarifying shampoo I can find that doesn't leave my hair feeling squeaky and dry. It actually feels like it imparts a lot of moisture to my hair but lathers so much!! Also it has a very calming almost shea butter smell 😊
Audrey A.
Shelby Twp, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE this shampoo! It smells SO good and it really leaves your hair feeling clean and shiny. If you have dry hair like I do, this is the shampoo for you. I use the SheaMoisture conditioning treatment with this and I love the outcome. I've been using this particular one for about a year now and my hair feels thicker when using it. This can be purchased at ulta, target, and possibly some drug stores!
Tenesia B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used to really love this entire line! My hair would be so soft and stayed moisturized longer than ever before. I used this entire line for about a year straight and on my third time replenishing my stash, my hair reacted differently. It seems as if the formula changed. My hair went from soft and moisturized to dry and brittle. Im not sure what has happened but I have stopped buying their products.
Ms N.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this product...I love how it smells...I love how it keeps my hair feeling and looking...I love the packaging...very chic and cute...it is very affordable and it works wonders for my hair...It also grows my hair...i recommend this product to people and I will repurchase again in the near future. I love all of their products. Its like they all were personally created solely for me!
💞💝 S.
Chicago
I used to be scared to try shampoos. Until i tried this one. It does not strip my hair and my hair not not left exta dry and brittle. The smell bring iut every ingredient tgat listed on the bittle whuch is a soft yet soothing smell. Its get my hair extra clean for tge month until its time to shampoo again. SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Grow Shampoo
Tasnia I.
Houston , TX
Review for: Shea Moisture Shea Butter, Peppermint Keratin
I have been using this shampoo for a while and it’s a good one I can say . It’s sulfate free so it takes time to build up foam . I didn’t like the smell , it was too strong and artificial but maybe because of the Black Castor oil . After using it my hair feels healthier. I’m not sure about moisturizing ability of it because I used it too much on my hair most of the time but overall I like it
Crystal P.
Lacota, MI
I've been looking for something like this. I would love to know if this works and where can I find it in stores?!
Ivette G.
Fort Worth, TX
Where can I buy this? Is it okay to pair with the conditioner?
Vanessa  N.
Does it leave your hair with the squeaky clean feel?
Rubi K.
Scarborough , ON
As Jamaican black castor oil has a strong smell and feel, does the shampoo also have a heavy feel and smell to it?
Ann C.
Spokane, WA
Does this help your hair grow thicker and faster?