BY SHEAMOISTURE #8 in Hair Treatments

Descriptions:

Promotes Anti-Reversion, Smooth Hold With Shea Butter, Peppermint Keratin 2 Jamaican Black Castor Oil 3 Sulfate Free Color Safe Cruelty Free Certified Organic Ingredients This precision styling gel helps provide a touchable hold while nourishing edges. Effectively blocks humidity, while controlling reversion and flyaway hair around edges for sleek, frizz-free styles. Formulated with nutrient-rich Jamaican Black Castor Oil, certified organic Shea Butter and Peppermint to help promote growth by strengthening and conditioning hair. Organic Shea Butter: Helps deeply moisturize while conditioning hair and scalp. br Jamaican Black Castor Oil: Loaded with reparative omegas that promote healthy hair growth. br Peppermint: Helps stimulate the scalp for an invigorating experience. No Sulfates, No Parabens, No Phthalates, No Paraffin, No Gluten, No Propylene Glycol, No Minera.

Reviews (1919)
Mattea P.
Clovis, NM
First let me start off by saying I love this entire brand and they are cruelty free. I bought a mask to help my dry brittle almost mushy hair after dying it a few times including bleach. I am so impressed!!! I used it once and noticed a difference. I usually preach on coconut oil but this might take the cake for miracle work. Highly recommend!!!!
Lydia S.
Napa, CA
My boyfriend is Mexican/Jewish and has coarse, thick, 3a curls. Stress causes psoriasis on his scalp and recently, he had a bad flare up. I was at target and decided to grab a mask and this was the one that I ended up buying. Even just after one application the redness calmed down, and by the second and third it was nearly entirely gone, including the flakes and itchiness. This has been a god-send for him. I have used it a couple of times when my hair is feeling extra dry (I have straight, baby fine hair) and have been surprised it doesn’t weigh my hair down too much or make it look greasy. This product plays a very important role in our home!
Marisa S.
Bethel, CT
Ok, so the only downside to this is it kind of smells like play doh, but it really helped my dry, bleached hair when it was at its worst. It makes tangles comb out easily, and it gives hair a nice appearance of being healthy even when it's not. I also used it to coat my hair at the chlorine filled waterpark and it worked amazing! My hair was not the damaged mess it usually is after tons of chlorine. It's also great for keeping my daughter's thin, delicate hair from knotting.
Natasha W.
I love love love love lovvvveeeee This product use it daily makes my hair feel amazingggggggg never to much and it’s so soft my hair is longgg maybe this stuff is working lol but anyways it’s a great buy along with the rest of the like experiment and find which tropical scented world of Shea is your hairs favorite, FYI these products aren’t so cheap so if u can get it on clearance or on occasion a coupon may pop up 😬 but you didn’t hear that from me! Happy shopping!
Ava G.
Avondale, PA
Let me start off by saying I have curly, color-treated hair so my hair is always in need of some strength!
I’ve recently have been trying many Shea Moisture products , just to see what products my curls love best and I must say I really enjoy a lot of this products but this one... ehh. I’m just trying to use up to not be wasteful.
The smell of this particular one just reminds me of play-doh. Just not good smelling at all in my opinion.
I don’t see a dramatic difference in my hair while using but I don’t see anything wrong with it either.
Just a meh hair mask
Isaiah V.
el paso
This product is very hydrating, it made my hair very soft and silky. The reason I did not give it 5 stars is because it was almost alittle too hydrating. It made my hair very greasy. After a few days everything cleared up and I actually had very healthy, strong hair. It was just that short time period where I felt very oily and flat. If you suffer from an acute hair condition or your hair needs a bit of a “wake up call” I would definitely recommend this.
Mrs. B.
Ladies, this is NOT edge control.  I repeat, THIS IS NOT EDGE CONTROL!  This a treatment jelly designed to help re-grow and maintain your edges.  I've been using this for over a year and I can't said it helped, but it certainly didn't hurt.  The product has the texture of stirred up grape jelly (it isn't a gel, and can be kind of lumpy).  It smells like the rest of the products in this line.  If you put on a lot of product, it can make very fine hair lie down, but it will not stay that way very long.  Use this in small amounts because too much product can cause buildup very quickly.  JBCO is supposed to help with hair re-growth. I can't say that I saw any growth, but I don't believe I lost any hair.  I'd likely purchase this again.
Brenda O.
So this is a treatment that is supposed to help you grow and strengthen your hairline. It is a product that is meant to be used daily at night to hydrate and stimulate your hair while you sleep.
All that being said I just find it less effective than the traditional method of using castor oil. I have gotten more hair grow from using regular Jamaican castor oil once to twice a week as an overnight treatment. I think this will work for people with extremely dry hair since castor oil by itself tends to be quite drying ironically, the Grow and Restore Edge Treatment has other hydrating ingredients like shea butter and aloe vera to counteract this. Nonetheless I will continue to use my traditional method of 1-2 a week Jamaican Castor Oil since it yields me better results and I don't have to do it everyday and risk my hair looking greasy.
Carrine W.
Columbus , OH
I really like this, only giving it 3 stars foor now as I haven’t used it all up yet to know for sure if it actually works. It says it’s for the nape and edge area but I also use it on other parts of my scalp and it works great. THIS IS NOT EDGE CONTROL it’s an edge treat’ment to help it grow in thicker. I do use this in combination with my edge control and it work wonders by laying my hair down before I put any edge gel on
Marley S.
I love this product. My hair is long and it is thinning, hair loss, and damage at the ends. I use this treatment twice a week for the back three weeks and I notice my hair looking and feeling a little fuller, less dull, the ends were still damaged so I chopped them off. My hair feels silky soft; I can't stop touching it.  I received a compliment from a few friends that they notice my hair looking healthier.
Karessa F.
Wilmington, DE
Does this hold down your edges like jam, regular gel, or like a beeswax?
Sheterrica L.
Greenville, NC
Does this product flake any?
Millene A.
Peabody, MA
I have fine hair that is heat damaged and color treated. Will this product work for me?
Mekayla C.
Piketon, OH
Is this an easy quick product? How does it make your hair feel?
Chloe W.
Greendale, WI
Does it actually grow the hair faster