BY SHEAMOISTURE #11 in Hair Gel

This all natural styling souffle with agave nectar and flax seed oil defines and promotes curls, with a soft, smooth after feel. Coconut and flax seed oils nourish and hydrate hair, seal the hair shaft to protect against external pollutants and assist natural oil retention. The natural humectant complex of agave nectar, coconut oil, glycerin and shea butter moisturizes, conditions and boosts shine without frizz. Does not contain silicones, polymers or PVP which could cause build-up and damage hair over time. Ethically traded ingredients sustainably produced. Sulfate-free and color safe. No animal cruelty.

• I have really curly natural hair, and I want to do more wash-n-go...1 Answers
  • What can this be used for?1 Answers
  • Does this product flake in your hair? 1 Answers
Connie C.
This product is amazing for my natural hair. It is moisturizing and has a great hold. a little goes a very long way, so that means that this product even though fairly expensive will last a very long time.
the first time I used this product I use way too much and that was a mistake. my hair was greasy and it stays wet. even though I was not satisfied the first time my curls were very defined Shiny and very moisturized for a total of 4 days. With my hair texture I have to detangle daily but with product in my hair I only have to detangle on my wash days.
the second time I used this product I used very little; I literally just tapped my fingers on the product and used that on my hair. My hair was not greasy it was shiny and my curls were very defined. I will recommend this product to everyone I can, and I will be buying it AGAIN. I am very satisfied.
Stephanie L.
I am currently in the process of trying out a few of Shea Moistures products and so far so good. However, I find this particular product really hasn't worked well for me. The first time I used it, I may have been a little heavy handed. My hair was weighed down and greasy. The second time I used it I applied it sparring on my daughter and my own hair. Our hair was still very oily and heavy. I think I can use this product for other things like a moisturizer. This product was a bomb for me but the curling cream from this line is great! It works so much better on my daughters and I hair.
Rachel P.
San Jose, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This was just way too heavy for my hair (2c/3a high porosity, thick, normal). It left my hair looking limp/greasy and I didn't use very much. I read some people combined it with the smoothie and it worked good that way, but that didn't work for me either. I ended up returning them. This product is very hit or miss, either you love it or hate it. I've read it does work for some people with my hair time and others it doesn't. I would just give it a try, you can return it if you don't like it. I wanted it to work for the price but KCCC is a lot better in my opinion.
Rachel N.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely love this product! It added so much shine, moisture, & definition to my curls/waves! I have struggled to find something that will fight my natural frizz and not dry my hair out and this is definitely what I've been looking for! Putting too much can cause a bit of crunchiness but if you add just the right amount for your hair type, it will define your curls/waves and help with frizz so much! I've only had it for two weeks but I love it and definitely recommend! I bought mine at ULTA but you can find it at any drugstore around!
Crystal H.
I'm not wowed by this product. I think I may have received a defective product because my gel was sort of hard, like firm Jell-O, so I have to break off a little piece at a time and warm it up between my hands to use. I've looked at youtube videos using this product and that is definitely not how their product looks. Anyway, it made my hair very greasy, but didn't give the kind of curl definition I wanted. It felt like a lot of product in my hair for little return. The positive is it didn't make my hair crunchy and did add shine.
Maia W.
Missouri City, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this for my daughters hair she is natural and has kinky hair. Her hair drinks up anything that you put on it and then looks dry but with this it does keep her hair moisturized for most of the day. It does have a little sticky consistency but it's not too bad. The pro of what it does definitely outweighs the feeling it leaves in your hair. However for my hair type 3b 3c I don't care for it's it's a little too thick for my liking as my hair needs a more water based product. I will continue to buy for my daughter
Scarlet M.
Manassas, VA
This curling souffle gel has a very sticky feel to it. A little goes a long way, and I use too much of this, it totally weighs down my hair and makes it look greasy. However, if used on the right proportion, and paired with the diffuser for drying, it makes my curl look awesome, defined and moisturized. The reason for 4 stars is that it took me a lot of time to learn how to use this product because of its texture. The secret is applying a small amount on your palms and scrunch it onto your hair.
Daianne B.
Boynton Beach, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
When I saw this I thought it was the weirdest hair product alive! It was extremely stiff and it simply just looked like Jell-O. It's hard to distribute from your hands to your hair because of the texture. But it makes my hair so shiny! And it helps my curls last a few more days. The other down side is that it makes my hair a bit stiff so I wouldn't recommend this to people with 4c hair or really right curls or really loose curls... I would say it's better for people that's somewhere in between.
Koko L.
Las Vegas, NV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ugh!!! If I could give this a negative rating I would. This "gel" is soooooooo greasy, my hair never dries. I can't understand how anyone could like this. My greasy strands hanging down towards my face caused a super breakout on my cheek and chin area. Coupled with the expensive price Shea Moisture products, usually good quality, left me utterly disappointed in this product. I like the Coconut & Hibiscus hair milk and smoothie (though too heavy for my hair).
Nerina S.
I'm an avid fan of this stuff. It smells amazing and does amazing things to my hair. I have long, thick, frizzy, curly hair and this product just makes it look fantastic. However, i do go through this stuff pretty fast considering how long my hair is (about bum length) so I was constantly having to buy it. However, I could only get it for like $16 at Target and that broke my bank after a while. But I will still buy it occasionally to treat myself sometimes
Sarah B.
Lawrenceville, GA
Does this product weigh down your hair like many other bad gels for curly hair ?
Ashley R.
Detroit, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I would really love to know how well this soufflé works. do I have to wet my hair or can I use this on dry hair?
Karen A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Would you recommend for dry but oily scalp ad frizzy curly hair. and does it cost a lot of money and if so it worth it
Mia H.
Birmingham, AL
Has anyone mixed this product with the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie?
Deloreen P.
Atlanta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Would you recommend this (along with the curl enhancing smoothie) for a two strand twist out?