BY SHEAMOISTURE #36 in Hair Gel

Descriptions:

Create healthy, bouncy, shiny waves with SheaMoisture’s Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Gel Soufflé! This nourishing styling aid is made from a blend of natural ingredients designed to moisturize and protect your waves and curls.
SheaMoisture’s Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Gel Soufflé is blended with certified organic Shea Butter which delivers instant hydration to dry, over-processed curls. This gel soufflé is enriched with Coconut Oil which helps keep your curls frizz-free and moisturized. Flax Seed Oil strengthens your hair while imparting a glorious shine to your curls. Agave Nectar present in this delicious formulation provides a soft hold which adds definition to your waves and curls, leaving them soft and smooth. SheaMoisture’s Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Gel Soufflé is just the friend wavy, curly hair needs to transform into beautiful, radiant curls.

• I have really curly natural hair, and I want to do more w...1 Answers
  • What can this be used for?1 Answers
  • Does this product flake in your hair? 1 Answers
Cheljha L.
I love Shea moisture! This has made my curls hydrated and has given my hair life without the harsh effects of regular gel. It keeps my hair frizz free. I love that it is cruelty free that's a big yess! The best thing is that it actually works! I love it and I've tried so many products for my hair and none could compare to this.
Sarah S.
Philadelphia
I posted a review the other day for the Curl Enhancing Smoothie - and I decided the day after that I was ready to try the gel. Of course we got a big jar. From Wal-Mart. It was under $9. The smell is not overbearing - similar scent to the smoothie. I was told the formula for this gel was changed recently and i am loving it. It has the texture of jelly - lol. But not sticky. I used this in my daughter's 3a/3b hair yesterday..... it still looks great tonight. 3 stars because this is just my first impression. So far, so good!
Diamond D.
I have come to love most of Shea Moisture's product but this one was not a favorite of mine. The name is somewhat deceiving because this product is not a gel as the name says (which is what I bought it for). That's why I give it 3 stars. However, it is very moisturizing so that is a plus for my type 4 hair.
Terriana S.
South Bend, IN
By FAR my favorite hair product for my sons hair. He has low porosity hair which is super curly and silky yet thick and needs moisture daily. This will make the hair too greasy if you apply daily. Luckily you’ll only need to apply It once a week and add water or a wet leave in conditioner daily or every other day.
Brianna C.
This product was very terrible. Many reviews say to use it in so many different ways and I’ve tried them all, I just do not like this product. I honestly don’t recommend this product even with using this different ways because that’s too much work just to get the product to potentially work.

PROS:
Nice size jar
Available at most drugstores

CONS:
Leaves hair sticky and greasy
Dries hair out
Does not hold curl
Hair still feels wet even though its dry
Adriana T.
California
This product smells amazing, but it's really sticky. I like the idea of this gel, but I prefer eco styler. I like my curls to hang and have a wet look. This just doesn't have enough gold for that. I'd recommend this to someone who likes big care free hair and natural ingredients.
Stephanie M.
Paterson, NJ
Not my favorite anymore. This used to be my go to product until I bought it again and the consistency was way off, it wasn’t a gel and it seemed to have form into a stiff and hard texture. Didn’t really settle great with my hair after awhile either.
Tia F.
Rome, NY
A little goes a VERY long way with this curling gel, I love to use it when I need my curls to stay in place for day 2-4 hair. Only thing I don’t like is that it leaves a sticky residue wherever your hair brushes against, but it’s not all that bad
Marisela A.
Cypress, TX
This is one of the best gels I have used. I use a little product, do not over do it because your hair will just be a mess, after I take a shower and scrunch my hair to make my waves a little bit more curly. It smells great and is okay for people to use with colored hair. It doesn't make your hair hard if you use a little bit. I highly recommend this product
Sydney B.
Madison, MS
Pretty good product for a wash and go style. It is a little sticky and drying which I could do without. It also flakes within days. I kept trying It with other combinations of products but I.T didn’t really make a difference.
Sarah B.
Lawrenceville, GA
Does this product weigh down your hair like many other bad gels for curly hair ?
Ashley R.
Detroit, MI
I would really love to know how well this soufflé works. do I have to wet my hair or can I use this on dry hair?
Karen A.
Would you recommend for dry but oily scalp ad frizzy curly hair. and does it cost a lot of money and if so it worth it
Mia H.
Birmingham, AL
Has anyone mixed this product with the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie?
Deloreen P.
Atlanta, GA
Would you recommend this (along with the curl enhancing smoothie) for a two strand twist out?