BY SHEAMOISTURE #59 in Shampoo

A Sulfate-free formula for thick, curly hair gently cleanses and hydrates with a natural cleansing complex made from Coconut Oil. Cleanses without stripping hair's natural moisture. Silk Protein smoothes hair for a soft, silky feel. Neem Oil controls frizz while adding brilliant shine. Helps to restore natural curl pattern and detangles for bouncy healthy curls.

Directions: Apply to wet hair and gently massage into a rich lather. Rinse thoroughly. Repeat if necessary.

• I want to try these out but what are they intended for in hair?1 Answers
  • Does it need a conditioner to work along?4 Answers
  • Does this dry out your hair 3 Answers
Mandy P.
Mt Pleasant, MI
I love that this shampoo doesn’t have anything damaging in it but it still makes my hair feel clean and look healthy. It’s super affordable and available in many stores. I think the brand itself is a great brand, too, especially for curly girls. Adding a photo to show my hair texture. The photo is after I had used this shampoo twice.
Sade V.
Cleveland , OH
This line is probably one of my all time favorites from Shea Moisture. I bought the shampoo and conditioner along with the styling products a few months ago and just finished the all and I have nothing bad to say! They smelled great and the shampoo was affordable seeing all the great products they were in the shampoo! I would definitely recommend to people who have transitioned to natural hair and or anyone wanting healthier hair!
Taniya P.
Haw River
This is my first and only non-sulfate shampoo, so I do not know if this is how all of them are or just this one. The shampoo is not thick, and I felt as if I had to use a lot of the product to get my hair clean. I have dandruff, and I felt that it took more work to clean my hair than it does with my other shampoos. I would probably recommend this to someone that does not have dandruff.
Ms N.
I love this product...I love how it smells...I love how it keeps my hair feeling and looking...I love the packaging...very chic and cute...it is very affordable and it works wonders for my hair...I recommend this product to people and I will repurchase again in the near future. I love all of their products. Its like they all were personally created solely for me!
Amber S.
Waterbury, CT
I have thick, hair that I straighten daily. I was looking for something to help bring my curls back to life, so I can go easy on the flat iron every once and a while. This stuff is sooo heavy. Made my hair feel really residue-y, and didn't really help my curls. I love Shea Moisture, but this one is not a favorite in my book. It does smell very nice though!
Delanie K.
Although this product is marketed towards women of color I have had great success with this product. My hair has always been extremely frizzy and wavy. One day I read about how wavy hair is trying to curl. I don’t remember much of the science about it but I read about how you should treat wavy hair the same way as curly hair. So i picked up this shampoo and conditioner and my hair has been so much better ever since!
Emily F.
I really love this shampoo. I noticed a big difference in my hair and the condition of my curls when I started using it. I like the scent and the way it feels in my hair. My biggest complaint is the consistency, it is so runny that a lot of the time I end up dropping it on my chest, neck, or shoulder which I hate because I want it in my hair so much!
Julia L.
So I tried the conditioner, which I absolutely loved. I’ve added a pic below to show you what it looks like. I have unruly curls that, most of the time, are a bit difficult to manage especially after a shower. I can’t believe how great this product worked to detangle and conditioner hair. Blown away! I’ve tried many detanglers out there and this is one is by far one of the best. Great ingredients too, so I felt confident and secure using it on my 3 daughter’s who have unfortunately inherited my unruly curls! Great job SheaMoisture!!!
Melanie P.
This is another product I use regularly. It’s very gentle and almost too gentle if you need a deeper clean. Gentle on curls and has a good smell to it. A little goes a long way. It’s a little pricey for the amount you get but I don’t go through shampoo quick at all so it has lasted my quite a while.
Jessica W.
Hanahan, SC
This brand, specifically the Coconut Hibiscus has been a life saver for me. My curls never looked and felt so good. Very moisturizing and smells good. Doesn't feel heavy or greasy at all. It will be very hard to buy anything else since trying it. It's my absolute favorite. Hair isn't at all dry anymore!!!
Aubin T.
Greenville, SC
Does this make your hair feel lighter or weigh it down? Anyone who has thick hair... Let me know
Brienna A.
Saint Cloud, FL
So my hair is relatively curly but not as much as I want it to be since I use a lot of heat products, I noticed this product doesn't contain any sulfates or parabens... Does anyone really know if it helps curls? I use great treatment products but I'm thinking I need to change my shampoo and conditioner too... Let me know :)
Latisha B.
Henrico, VA
Does the shampoo help curl the hair or is the whole kit needed?
Shiniece U.
Is this worth the money does it leave the hair soft
Lindsey G.
Mebane, NC
Do any curly hair girls find this to be conditioning enough, as opposed to a cowash?