Tuss S.
Tuss S.
Riverside, CA

Does this shampoo also detangler?
Carolina S.
Carolina S.
June 30, 2016, 7 a.m.
Definitely does not detangle. I find it cleans my hair well but you definitely need to get the conditioner.
Sade H.
Sade H.
July 17, 2015, 11:04 p.m.
No, I would say none of Shea Moistures products are good for detangling. When it comes to detangling sulfate is what is used for slip, and Shea Moisture prides its self in not having any harmful ingredients in their products.
Vaniti W.
Vaniti W.
June 15, 2015, 8:55 a.m.
Yes it works really good in my super thick hair as a detangler
Miriam Q.
Miriam Q.
Jan. 28, 2014, 11:34 a.m.
No it is not a detangler, however it moisturizes the hair well. We also use the conditioner, sometimes we leave it in and don't rinse it out. It works really well for both my kids with very different curl patterns. As far as one person's suggestion of using the denman brush to detangle is concerned, if she's referring to the original denman brush it may not work well to detangle. It depends on the hair, my daughter's hair is less coarse than my son's. On hers I can use the denman brush to detangle. On my son's I can't but once detangled it defines his curls beautifully.
Felicia S.
Felicia S.
Aug. 30, 2013, noon
The shampoo itself doesn't really serve as a detangler but the conditioners that go with the shampoo are wonderful for detangling. I found that if you leave it in for a few minutes you are able to really comb through your hair. This works for me and I have curly natural hair.
Verniajzah M.
Verniajzah M.
Aug. 12, 2013, 4:15 p.m.
It detangled my hair well and I have very coily and thick hair. I also didn't get as much breakage while blow drying. I still recommend combing your hair before washing it, especially if you have really thick hair.
Donna M.
Donna M.
Aug. 1, 2013, 11:40 a.m.
My daughter has 3C hair which is similiar to that of Cree Summers or Rachel True. It was not a good detangler. I would advise adding a conditioner with it and using a denman brush to help detangle afterwards.

Join Now