BY SHEAMOISTURE #34 in Shampoo

A Sulfate-free formula for thick, curly hair gently cleanses and hydrates with a natural cleansing complex made from Coconut Oil. Cleanses without stripping hair's natural moisture. Silk Protein smoothes hair for a soft, silky feel. Neem Oil controls frizz while adding brilliant shine. Helps to restore natural curl pattern and detangles for bouncy healthy curls.

Directions: Apply to wet hair and gently massage into a rich lather. Rinse thoroughly. Repeat if necessary.

• I want to try these out but what are they intended for in hair?1 Answers
  • Does it need a conditioner to work along?4 Answers
  • Does this dry out your hair 3 Answers
Liane C.
Taylorsville, UT
This was the second shampoo I tried when I decided to give the curly girl method a go, but wasn't sure cowashing was going to do much cleansing. I went in with high hopes, since this claims to be sulfate free. I had all the hair products of this line, and the only thing they did for my hair was make it 10x more greasy. I went from washing my hair twice a week to every other day because of how much oil build up there was. The second reason I stopped using this is because even though it claims to be sulfate free, there are still sulfate based ingredients listed. No hate, this product just didn't work for me. If you are looking to go completely sulfate free, I suggest SheaMoisture's Jamaican Black Castor Oil line.
Jessica O.
I really do love this product. It feels nice in my hair and doesn’t cause too much weigh down for my curls. It washes out clean and still feels soft. My curls seem a little more hydrated than normal. Only reason it gets only three stars is the price. For a product that’s available in most stores; it is really pricey for an everyday product. I am one of the people that have to wash their hair everyday. In fact if you use any type of product in your hair or live in an area where there is a lot of cars and traffic then you should too. I do like the brand as they are cruelty free and I love that. They are just not cost effective for people like me on a limited budget. If they were more affordable then I would give them 4-5 stars.
Mandy P.
Mt Pleasant, MI
I love that this shampoo doesn’t have anything damaging in it but it still makes my hair feel clean and look healthy. It’s super affordable and available in many stores. I think the brand itself is a great brand, too, especially for curly girls. Adding a photo to show my hair texture. The photo is after I had used this shampoo twice.
Sade V.
Cleveland , OH
This line is probably one of my all time favorites from Shea Moisture. I bought the shampoo and conditioner along with the styling products a few months ago and just finished the all and I have nothing bad to say! They smelled great and the shampoo was affordable seeing all the great products they were in the shampoo! I would definitely recommend to people who have transitioned to natural hair and or anyone wanting healthier hair!
Ms N.
I love this product...I love how it smells...I love how it keeps my hair feeling and looking...I love the packaging...very chic and cute...it is very affordable and it works wonders for my hair...I recommend this product to people and I will repurchase again in the near future. I love all of their products. Its like they all were personally created solely for me!
Amber S.
Waterbury, CT
I have thick, hair that I straighten daily. I was looking for something to help bring my curls back to life, so I can go easy on the flat iron every once and a while. This stuff is sooo heavy. Made my hair feel really residue-y, and didn't really help my curls. I love Shea Moisture, but this one is not a favorite in my book. It does smell very nice though!
Emily F.
I really love this shampoo. I noticed a big difference in my hair and the condition of my curls when I started using it. I like the scent and the way it feels in my hair. My biggest complaint is the consistency, it is so runny that a lot of the time I end up dropping it on my chest, neck, or shoulder which I hate because I want it in my hair so much!
Julia L.
Woodhaven
So I tried the conditioner, which I absolutely loved. I’ve added a pic below to show you what it looks like. I have unruly curls that, most of the time, are a bit difficult to manage especially after a shower. I can’t believe how great this product worked to detangle and conditioner hair. Blown away! I’ve tried many detanglers out there and this is one is by far one of the best. Great ingredients too, so I felt confident and secure using it on my 3 daughter’s who have unfortunately inherited my unruly curls! Great job SheaMoisture!!!
Jessica W.
Hanahan, SC
This brand, specifically the Coconut Hibiscus has been a life saver for me. My curls never looked and felt so good. Very moisturizing and smells good. Doesn't feel heavy or greasy at all. It will be very hard to buy anything else since trying it. It's my absolute favorite. Hair isn't at all dry anymore!!!
Mandi M.
Florence, KY
I can't say enough great stuff about thus company and its products. Let's start by saying it's a family owned business and started with very little. They have great ingredients and they are a crulety free company. They actually care !!! I went through so many shampoos and conditioner before finding this brand. Most curly hair products weigh down my curls but not shea moisture weightless products. Smells wonderful and leaves my hair clean smooth but never flat ! Thank you shea moisture keep impressing me. These products go on sale at ulkta all the time that's when I purchase them. Highly recommend !!!!!
Tuss S.
Riverside, CA
Does this shampoo also detangler?
Talaysha r.
Mebane , NC
I am thinking about trying this shampoo out but I don want to waste my money .Is it worth the price?
Anastasia G.
Does this shampoo clean your hair well? I find that a lot of shampoos for curly hair don't leave my hair feeling clean.
Jamie A.
Las Vegas, NV
Do they come in a bigger size??
Mayra R.
Anyone else notice a difference in color from bottle to bottle? Or even how dark brown it use to be about 2 years ago?