Ashley K.
Aliquippa , PA

Does the Curl Enhancer Smoothie work?

Leslie D.
Leslie D.
Bakersfield, CA
1 year, 6 months ago
I agree with Natashawnda W., it really depends on your hair. I have a mix of thin and thick hair, but more thin hair. I have been using this product for 2 years now, and it worked for me in the beginning. Now it has just dried out my hair too much. I cut my hair short and I guess it got thinner or something. I have 2c/3a hair and it really just curls the ends but the top is rather straight. If you want to try it out, buy the trial version, don't buy the tub because this stuff takes forever to finish up. I have only used this product by itself so maybe that's why it didn't work well, try mixing it up with some oil, maybe Jojoba. Hope this helps.
Teralyn W.
Teralyn W.
1 year, 6 months ago
Yes, but not very well in the summer months. It just doesn't have the hold strength to fight the frizz of curly hair when combined with humidity. BUT it is smooth as butter during the winter and very moisturizing.
Rae N.
Rae N.
2 years, 10 months ago
It worked for me. After straightening my hair for years I decided to go natural last year and this brought my curls back to life. :)
Loni B.
Loni B.
Portland, OR
3 years, 1 month ago
I add it to my mix for my "wash 'n go". It works great for me!
Yvonne C.
Yvonne C.
3 years, 2 months ago
I use mine with water and then i do the buntu knots. Once it dries completely it works well. I have thick curly hair so that helps to hold the curl as well.
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
3 years, 4 months ago
It does help smooth and enhance my curls. I like to use this along with the gel souffle.
Hannah C.
Hannah C.
Columbia, MO
4 years ago
It works really well for me, but I find that if I use too much it makes my hair feel kinda product-y
Serena P.
Serena P.
Mercerville , NJ
4 years, 5 months ago
It works wonderfully for my hair. However I have seen in some reviews that it works for some people but not others. Another product to try is Miss Jessie's if this doesn't work for your hair.
Mia H.
Mia H.
Birmingham, AL
4 years, 5 months ago
It depends on your hair type. It works great for me but it does not enhance my friend's curls.
Sharon R.
Sharon R.
Merced, CA
4 years, 7 months ago
I agree with one of the above answers, it does depend on your hair type. For my 13 year old is has worked great but her hair has a lot of curl already and we use this to maintain her friz.