BY SHEAMOISTURE #1 in Curl Enhancing

A nourishing styling cream enriched with Silk Protein and Neem Oil, defines curls, reduces frizz and smoothes hair for a soft, silky feel. Coconut and Neem Oils restore moisture and create brilliant shine. Nutrient-rich vegetable butters condition hair without weighing it down for bouncy, healthy curls.

Directions: Section hair and apply product sparingly to damp or dry hair. Do not rinse out. Style as usual. For best results, use a styling cream for twist outs, braids and wash and go styles.

• ¿Puedo usar este producto como leave-in y crema de peinar?4 Answers
  • I'm trying to get on this natural hair journey! I have naturally wa...1 Answers
  • I have thin but curly hair, would this still be a good product for ...2 Answers
Ruby B.
Ruby B.
Groves, TX
Love this product for reducing frizz and shaping curls, I've been using it for over 2 1/2 years now. The scent is very fruity and tropical, the texture is thick and creamy. It's best applied with a light hand and built up if necessary, otherwise it can be greasy. I avoid using it at the roots of my hair, instead I use the Shea Moisture JBCO leave-in for the flyaway hairs near the roots. The tub isn't the most convenient packaging as it's quite large and clunky, instead I buy it in the smaller tube so that I can with it for on-the-go touch ups. I have wavy/curly hair that tends to be dry and is currently hip length so I only use gentle products for it, all Shea Moisture products with the exception of using Neutrogena's Triple Moisture Mask every third wash. After shampooing + conditioning I apply the Shea Moisture JBCO leave-in to damp hair, add the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Reconstructive Finishing Elixir after the leave-in absorbs and the finally the Curl Enhancing Smoothie. Sometimes I switch between using the smoothie second and the elixir third. I continue styling with all three until the next wash cycle.
Tatyana D.
Tatyana D.
This is the best moisturizer ever! It softens, defines, shines, and protects my hair. It really is an amazing product. But beware, if you think this is like a gel it's not. It's more like a butter curl enhancer, hence the name. It'll only enhance the curls not create them. And it won't define curls that aren't there. It's a moisturizer, with light hold. Great for wash & go's and fluffy twist outs. And it can also be used as a great deep conditioner. Add a little oil for slip and easy detangling, leave on for 30min, rinse, and say hello to shiny, soft, repaired hair! . Also be careful not to use to much for fine hair, as it can weigh it down. That's the only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5. A little goes a long way. I use in conjunction with SheaMoisture Castor Oil Leave-In, and Curls Goddess Gel or LA Looks Mega Mega Hold Gel. 🙌 Just one jar has lasted me over 1 year.
 I WAS NOT COMPENSATED FOR THIS POST; HOWEVER, I AM CREATING THIS POST AS PART OF A CONTEST
Alysha R.
Alysha R.
Ever since I purchased the SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie w/ Silk Protein and Neem Oil I have been hooked! Aside from the heady coconut scent, the thick creamy smoothie really sets all types of natural styles. I have noticed my flat twists stay soft, after they've dried, several days later.
With other daily stylers, my twists would start to feel crunchy on the ends the next day (even after I sealed them!). Now, I can stretch my curls, run my fingers all the way to the ends where they feel soft and hydrated! I would recommend this curl enhancing smoothie to any natural looking for soft, shiny and manageable hair!
Taylor N.
Taylor N.
Oklahoma City, OK
I purchased this product at Ulta with the BOGO special. This product did not work for me at all. I am currently transitioning right now so my ends are still pretty heat damaged and my roots are still trying to define their curl pattern. I tried this product with various styles (twist out and curl, braid out and curl, bantu knots, etc.) and the results were all the same: limp curls. I didn't use a lot of the product but I think it is just too heavy for my curls. I did like that it was very moisturizing, it always left my hair feeling very soft. The price is not bad at all, especially for the amount that is in the container.
Cam S.
Cam S.
I thought about giving this product 4 stars because for "me" it didn't work as a curl enhancer for "my hair" so in that since it didn't meet my expectations for my coiled 4b, dark brown hair. But, I did find a GREAT use for it that makes me give it a 5 star rating. It's excellent for two strand twists and smoothing my edges,it's excellent for leaving my hair moisturized after the twist out. It's a very heavy product on the hair but it smells great, a little goes a long way! I would recommend it to others as a prep for two strand twist or to replace a gel or using it lightly for added moisture! I WOULD BUY IT AGAIN!
Charlie K.
Charlie K.
Rogers, AR
I have very dry, curly hair that simply becomes a curly, frizzy mess no matter what I do. I hate the feeling of gels because they weigh my hair down and make it appear wet all day. I began switching up my haircare routine and wanted something completely sulfate free and organic. I found this brand and instantly fell in love. It smoothd and softened my hair. I use it after washing my hair as a leave-in, an in-shower 10 minute hair mask, smoothd it over dry hair to calm frizzies and give me some shine, and I even use it on my toddler's curls! I only buy SheaMoisture brand hair products now!
Brenda B.
Brenda B.
YUM! If ever there was a hair product out there you would eat, this one would be it. I'm kidding, of course, it just smells so mm mm good, not to mention how it makes your hair feel...divine is the word. It's not sticky, but only use a very small amount because it really goes a long way. I have long straight hair, even though it made for curls, I think it's awesome for anyone especially if you like to wear braids or twists. I received a sample in the mail from Allure Magazine & I fully intend to go out & purchase this wonderful delicious smelling leave in conditioner. A++ cuz its the bomb!
Brianna R.
Brianna R.
Loganville, GA
This product was a no go. I love the smell and I love the thick consistency of this product. I bought bc people raved about it. How it made their hair soft and shiny and moisturized. After using this more, it's just not for me. Although it leaves my hair soft and feeling moisturized, it flakes terribly in my hair. Like major flakes. I shake my head and it's snowing. Not matter which way I use it, on soaking wet or damp hair, my hair just does not like it and now I don't know what to do with the rest. I have pretty much a full container. I'm so disappointed that I waisted my money.
carla j.
carla j.
Speedway, IN
Why can't it give it more than 5 stars!!!! I LOVE THIS! I start to get panicky when I'm running low. Smells yummy and a little bit goes a long way. Great for moisturizing my hair (it's so soft!) Your hair will feel soft and silky (sounds like a commercial, but it's true) The price is why I bought it the first time, but that was 2 years ago. Many times stores - CVS, Walgreens, Target - will have a buy one, get one 1/2 off special so that cuts down on the price even more. Target even has sample sizes sometimes. You won't be sorry if you try this product.
Amber T.
Amber T.
Atlanta, GA
Let me start off by saying that I have 3B/3C curls (if you follow the natural hair pattern chart) and it about bra strap length with some layers in it. I personally have only used the curl milk from this specific line before this product and I hated it. I found the smell overbearing and the hold too light. This product...BUT THIS PRODUCT! Omg, it is everything. The hold is incredible and the smell it leaves on my hair just has me smelling tropical! I normally just wash my hair then leave it to air dry and my wash and go is poppin'! Def must have.
Brandi T.
Brandi T.
Palmdale, CA
Is it worth the $30??
Liz M.
Liz M.
Bronx, NY
Does this leave the hair hard and sticky??
Ashley K.
Ashley K.
Aliquippa , PA
Does the Curl Enhancer Smoothie work?
Tina W.
Tina W.
Waterloo, IA
Is this going to weigh my hair down?
Muhajirah P.
Muhajirah P.
Does anyone else wish they would put this in a pump of squeeze bottle? I asked a billion times already for them to take it out of the tub.