BY SHEAMOISTURE #5 in Hair Primers & Heat Protectants

Love your Wash Nʼ Go but wish it would last longer? Our 5 Step Make It Last style system is the answer! This cream-gel primer for the hair allows curls to be tangle free, defined and prepped. Coconut Oil and Kokum Butter blend with super-conditioning Coconut Milk and Plant Peptides in a moisture-rich formula that aligns strands for easy styling and designed to perform with our WASH Nʼ GO DEFINING GEL-OIL.

Directions: Squeeze out excess water, before applying to cleaned, damp hair. Work from roots to ends, using the shingling method. Take your curl definition to the next level with our WASH Nʼ GO DEFINING GEL-OIL.

Tip: Can be used as a pre-poo for super easy detangling.

• What is the Primer used for exactly?3 Answers
  • I would love to see what this product would do for my hai...3 Answers
  • I use the curl she cream. How does this compare?4 Answers
SheaMoisture Coconut Custard Make It Last Wash N'Go Curl Primer

Start your review of SheaMoisture Coconut Custard Make It Last Wash N'Go Curl Primer!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
Doral, FL
The Shea Moisture coconut custard make it last and wash N’go curl primer smell and works great on my hair!
I received this product 3 weeks ago and I have tried it several times and every time I use it, i notice a difference, my hair feels clean, my curls are super soft and defined. The product smells SO GOOD and used it for detangling and it works perfectly. TIP: use it with your favorite curling pure or leave in , in order to your routine to last longer.
Received free from Influenster
Altadena , CA
So I have received this product from Influenster to write a review and honestly this has become a staple in my hair care routine and also my sons. I have tried his product on my son and honestly just the primer alone is heavy enough the give you some length retention in your hair and also gives enough moisture to where you do not have to reapply for a couple of days. I have used it with other products and I think that because of the weight and density of the product, it is used best with lighter leave in conditioners and a thinner oil. Overall this was a much needed product in the curly hair community and I will make sure to actually purchase this when the bottle gets low! Anyone looking for some help with definition this will do the trick as well!!
McKinney
This product is amazing. A little bit went a really long way. I used it as a pre poo & I even used it to detangle my hair & also my daughters. We both have two different types of hair textures & it worked perfectly. This product will definitely be added into our hair care routines.
Doral, FL
This is the same as the other 181828 styling products SheaMoisture releases that you can't keep track. Curly girls who live in humid climates like me should avoid this product as it has glycerin so all it'll do is poof your hair up. To no waste it I've been using it as a pre-poo and I don't think its doing much, it def doesn't help with detangling. SheaMoisture needs to stop releasing all these products and lines. They need to sit down with their product developers and rebrand. What is even a wash n go line??? The majority of the products are for wash n gos anyways? SM is so out of touch with curly girls its sad...
Newport News, VA
So first things first this product smells amazing which is always a plus to me! I like it once I learned the trick that works best with my hair I learned a little goes a long way and mixing this and certain gels worried me because I assumed there will be flaking which hasn’t happened yet but it does take away a lot of the gels work in my wash and goes which led me to use more gel. I learned a dime size of this is good for each section when I split my hair into four parts in doing that I received way better results and bouncer lighter curls with shine over all I would use this more often but I think it might mainly be due to the enticing scent that it has.
Anderson, SC
Wow just wow I have never used the Coconut Custard Make It Last Wash N'Go Curl Primer I absolutely  LOVE it (smiley face) my daughter  hair is 4b'4c and as soon as I applied it the her hair the curls  was already forming  never  had a product  that works  so well with her hair type. Bonus it smell is heavenly  and she loved the smell as well. My new go to for myself and the girls. Wow just wow I have never used the Coconut Custard Make It Last Wash N'Go Curl Primer I absolutely  LOVE it (smiley face) my daughter  hair is 4b'4c and as soon as I applied it the her hair the curls  was already forming  never  had a product  that works  so well with her hair type. Bonus it smell is heavenly  and she loved the smell as well. My new go to for myself and the girls.
Olive Branch, MS
Initially when i first tried this product I wasn’t sure of how amazing it was. I used it with other products that worked really good on my hair. My wash n go’s were always Bomb the first day, after 2nd day my curls were dry and frizzy, that’s why I decided to put this product to the test! It is absolutely amazing! It refreshed my curls, this is one of my new go to’s! I posted three photos below. These are separate days! I had to give it some time to see how it worked before I reviewed and gave it 5 stars! But I will definitely recommend this and of course it smells amazing and is very light on the hair!! So 5/5 for me!
Seattle, WA
I really enjoy this product. I’ve used it almost daily since I got it and I like to mix it with a thicker curl cream since I need more definition for my soft hair. It smells amazing and my braid/twist outs look great afterwards. Make sure to wash in between or not mix too many products because it can leave a residue feeling. I love this and think I will add this into my normal hair routine. 4 starts only because I can’t use it like I would a daily styling product.
Clemmons, NC
This is a really nice leave in but not my absolute favorite. The smell is very nice and I grab through my curls very easily. Detangling was a breeze and it added some definition to my curls, but I didn’t find this provided more longevity than any other leave in I own. This product does contain glycerin which does cause some frizz for me in this humidity. Overall, it’s a nice leave in to have but not something I’m running out the door to repurchase.
Grovetown, GA
I love this primer. I used it as a styler instead of as a pre-poo. I love how it leaves my hair feeling and makes my curls pop. It smells so good, almost want to eat it, lol! I’m excited to try the full system now that I’ve tried the curl primer. If my wash n go looks this good with just the primer, I can only imaging how great it will look when used with the rest of the line. And from what I saw at the stores, it pretty affordable.
Dorchester, MA
Does this product leave ur hair with white residue? Does it make your hair have a hard texture?
East islip, NY
I use the curl she cream. How does this compare?
Salmabad
What is it for & how to use it ?
I would love to see what this product would do for my hair. Will keep the frizz down and is it good for wet set braiding?
Florissant, MO
What is the Primer used for exactly?

SheaMoisture Coconut Custard Make It Last Wash N'Go Curl Primer

If you have an existing Rakuten account, make sure to enter your Rakuten email