BY SHEAMOISTURE

Descriptions:

African Black Soap Problem Skin Toner - SheaMoisture's African Black Soap Problem Skin refreshing dual action toner manages oil and shine without clogging pores. Purifies skin by removing any traces of dirt and make-up and controls shine without drying. Adds a matte finish to skin and refines the appearance of large pores.SheaMoisture's StorySofi Tucker started selling Shea Nuts at the village market in Bonthe, Sierra Leone in 1912. By age 19, the widowed mother of four was selling Shea Butter, African Black Soap and her homemade hair and skin preparations all over the countryside. Sofi Tucker was the Grandmother and SheaMoisture is her legacy. With this purchase you help empower disadvantaged women to realize a brighter, healthier future.Ethically Traded Ingredients Sustainably ProducedPioneering Community Commerce and Fair Trade Since 1912.Tested on the Tucker family for four generations. Never on animals. - African Black Soap Problem Skin Toner

• Who have used this toner? How is it?1 Answers
  • Do you use this in the morning or at night? or both?1 Answers
  • I am familiar with this brand or products but who has act...2 Answers
Melissa V.
United States
Purchased at: Target
This is so gooooood! I have very acne prone skin but also dry skin. This is the perfect toner for my skin! I love the smell but it does leave my skin kinda sticky before i put on moisturizer. Also, i don't understand why this is a spray. I think it would have been easier in a bottle like the pixi glow toner.
Maureen A.
Houston
I looooveeee this product! I was a little worried that it would irritate my skin however it has aloe Vera which calms irritated skin. Plus it smells sweet and I love spraying it all over my skin and then patting it into my skin. The only bad thing I can think of is the spray nozzle malfunction when I try to spray it. I’m not sure if this just happens with the bottle I received or it’s the same with others. Definitely would recommend it as part of your skin care routine if you have trouble with little pimples however I am not sure how well this works for cystic acne.
Sam S.
Purchased at: Walgreens
This toner is excellent. It wasn’t too strong for my sensitive skin, and I love the way my skin looks when I put it on at night. I wake up with refreshed skin, no redness, and all oof my acne bumps are visibly smaller. My skin has no problem with everyday use.
Kristy G.
West Palm Bch, FL
The SheaMousture African black soap for blemish prone skin line is my favorite drug store acne products. I own the facewash, the wipes, the mask & the toner. I've done reviews for almost all of them, now I'm gonna tackle what I love about this toner. The toner is made with: African Black Soap, tamarind and tea tree oil. The African black soap is an all nautral remidy for acne prone skin, the tamarind extract is nature's astringent and brightens skin and last but not least the tea tree oil.. most people who are into all natural acne solutions know that tea tree oil reduces the appearance of breakouts. I love this toner because it's all natural and it WORKS. there's no synthetic coloring & no mineral oil in this toner. This toner is the drug store Holy Grail of toners for problematic skin. It manages your oil and "shininess" all day without drying your skin out. It purifies your skin, removing left over makeup. Refines large pores & leaves a matte finish to your natural skin (even before make up) This toner has worked wonders for me. I've been using it for a year, was hooked in 2 days, and saw dramatic results in a week. If you have acne and you're looking for a toner, this is it.
Olivia L.
Indianapolis
Purchased at: Target
I use this along w the SheaMoisture African Black Soap Facial Bar Soap - 3.5 oz. And the Shea Moisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer 2 oz . Together these all work so well. I have been using for a couple of weeks amd my sking feels and looks awesome. The toner has an earthy smell. It is in a spray bottle for easy application to face or cotton. Leaves sking feeling clean amd refreshed. Price is okay. Compared to some products the price is great, if were being honest. Great product!
Katrina H.
I purchased this item at a Target while traveling. I had heard good stuff about this line, I don't live near a Target, and I was in need of a new toner soon. Decided to buy this even though it was kind of pricey. I regret buying this. I have never noticed it do anything for my skin in the way of clearing up my acne. I was hoping with the spray pump you could spray it right on your face and save on cotton balls and such, but no, the instructions I did not unfortunately read ahead of time instruct you to spray it on a cotton ball or round. Doing this means you lose a lot of product as it sprays around the cotton ball as well. I usually spray the cotton ball 8 or 9 times and can barely feel any product going on my face. For the price, I expected way more from this product. I have used 3/4 of the bottle and therefore have been using it awhile. I kept using it as I paid for it and do not live near a Target to return. I gave it two stars because it at least didn't make my skin any worse than before using this product.
Idalis D.
Channelview, TX
Purchased at: Walgreens
This is a great toner for people with troubled skin! The smell isn’t my absolute favorite but it isn’t terrible, it kind of reminds me of a woodsy like smell. I’ve always been scared to try new products on my face but this is great especially paired with other items from this line. SheaMoisture African Black Soap Problem Skin Toner
Brittan N.
Roswell, GA
I was super excited about this toner because I LOVE the African black soap mask but this just did not work for me. I was hoping it would help with my acne but I feel as though it was making it worse so I stopped using. It might work for others with less troubled skin but I cannot recommend due to experience unfortunately because I wanted to love this product
Ally M.
Albany, OR
This product has a funny smell to it. I was expecting to love this toner but I just haven’t been too thrilled about it. I love the brand but the toner just hasn’t really done anything to wow me. It is in a spray bottle and it has a weird spray so it doesn’t hit your face evenly, almost like it sprays a line in the middle of your face. So I spray the toner onto a Cotten ball and put it on my face. I haven’t noticed any improvement in my skin and I won’t be buying this again.
Anneliese H.
This toner was pretty okay! I’m a fan of SheaMoisture, and this toner was pretty good. It kept my skin clear, however would occasionally burn on application. I’ve been using it twice daily for roughly four months now, and it has kept my skin mostly clear!
The one confusing thing (for me at least) was the packaging. It’s a spray toner, so at first I was confused if I should spray it like a setting spray (I don’t do this) or use a cotton ball (this is what I actually do).
Hope M.
Oak Forest, IL
Would you recommend this product for a person with oily skin?
Markeela C.
Virginia Bch, VA
I've been using this for a month now. has anyone see a difference in there skin and if so how long did it take?
Jena H.
I ordered this the other day and I am yet to try it. Is this a good toner for ance prone skin?
Reney S.
Does this leave your skin oily? I've used different Shea butters and they leave my skin real oily
Ashley B.
I am familiar with this brand or products but who has actually seen results ? I have blemished skin & im looking for a toner that blends my skin tone all together, does anyone know if his product or any other product "blends" your skin tone ?