BY SHEAMOISTURE #15 in Face Scrubs

Descriptions:

African Black Soap Problem Skin Facial Wash & Scrub - SheaMoisture's African Black Soap Problem Skin gentle facial exfoliator provides instant resurfacing benefits while helping to control breakouts. Helps absorb impurities, control excess oil and detoxify skin. Leaves skin calm, refreshed and clearer looking.SheaMoisture's StorySofi Tucker started selling Shea Nuts at the village market in Bonthe, Sierra Leone in 1912. By age 19, the widowed mother of four was selling Shea Butter, African Black Soap and her homemade hair and skin preparations all over the countryside. Sofi Tucker was the Grandmother and SheaMoisture is her legacy. With this purchase you help empower disadvantaged women to realize a brighter, healthier future.Ethically Traded Ingredients Sustainably ProducedPioneering Community Commerce and Fair Trade Since 1912.Tested on the Tucker family for four generations. Never on animals. - African Black Soap Problem Skin Facial Wash & Scrub

• I have been looking for a new face wash that helps with o...5 Answers
  • Does anyone use this daily? The product says to use twice...6 Answers
  • I've been wanting to try this, but I'm curious because it...4 Answers
SheaMoisture African Black Soap Problem Skin Facial Wash & Scrub
  • "I have been struggling with acne for around 5 or 6 years now. I have moderate acne and have tried so many products such as proactive, proactive plus, Clearasil, doxycyline (a pill I was taking for acne, prescribed by a dermatologist), Clearasil, etc. It would maybe work for a little bit but nothing long lasting. I started using this a month or so ago! It has been perfect. I have sensitive skin and this scrub is not harsh or irritating at all, smells great, and you can feel it working. I've already noticed great improvements, and its extremely affordable! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!" in 44 reviews
Kristy G.
Greenacres, FL
I love this face wash just as much as the toner & mask I just reviewed. This Black African soap clarifying facial wash and scrub contains: Tamarind oil & Tea Tree extract. The Black African soap works to clarify oily skin and combat blemishes while the tamarind extract acts an astringent that exfoliates and also brighten skin.. and last but not least the tea tree oil balances and soothes skin. All these natural ingredients together work wonders on acne prone skin. It has a natural, clay like smell (just as the face mask does) and the exfoliating beads in this creamy facewash are gentle enough to use on a daily basis. After one use my skin felt soft and refreshed, and after about two weeks of useage my skin was completely clear. Between the facewash and the SheaMoisture African Black Soap Problem Skin Facial Mask that I use twice a week... My skin looked like new. No blemishes & I had a bright, healthy glow to my skin. SheaMoistire's acne line of products are amazing, and you will definitely get the results you are looking for.
Christina C.
Smyrna, TN
This little guy is actually a pretty decent exfoliator. The African black soap line is a pretty good line, especially for problematic skin. I usually don't use drugstore due to ingredients (read your labels) but African black soap is a natural remedy for problematic skin. This exfoliator should be used no more than 3 times a week. Over exfoliating can cause irritation and more acne. I have the African black soap, This exfoliator, and the mask, and when used all together consistently, you will get more balanced skin. Though this doesn't "cure" acne, it will help prevent more acne from appearing. I use this exfoliator about twice a week with my other skincare (Pixi, Mario Bedoscu) and my skin has never been in better condition, and I'm 28. If your looking for something to balance your skin, and prevent acne, this little guy is a good choice. If your looking for all your acne to go away, this will probably not be enough. Read ingredients carefully when purchasing skincare people. Skincare brands purposely put ingredients like (Mineral oil, dimethicone) which block pores in their skincare to cause more irritation, hence forcing you to purchase more. If skincare brands made miracle skincare products, they would go out of business. Coming from an oily, 28 year old with HUGE pores, and closed comedones (flesh colored bumps under the skin) your best bet is to watch what your putting on your face. Now that I look at ingredients, my face has never looked better, almost a clear face, and I've never had a clear face. When you pay attention to ingredients, it does a world of good. Trust me, I know my skincare.
Ciara W.
Auburn, CA
I'm giving this two stars because I know it's a good product and it's worked wonders for a lot of people, it just wasn't for me. The exfoliating beads weren't enough to scrub anything in the slightest... I still had blackheads and my pores were looking pretty rough and my skin had a lot of texture. It burned my skin pretty bad too, not because of the scrubbing because like I said, it didn't scrub at all. It also got in my eyes constantly every time I used it. It just wasn't for me. If you have sensitive skin steer clear of this one! I suggest looking up reviews on YouTube as well to see if it is a good product for you!
Makenzie S.
Tacoma
This is another great product at an extreamly affordable price Shea Moisture has to offer! I love how clean it makes my skin feel with the gentle exfoliator and Kaolin Clay! I have only bought one so far just because I haven't had to buy another one because I only use it about once or twice a week as a routine exfoliator.  As soon as its gone I will be buying another! I reccomend for all skin types its just a really good cleanser all around. ( it would be great for marketing purposes to add that there is Kaolin Clay in the product bigger in the product title such as the tamarind extract and tea tree oil I asked another person and they said that they would be more likely to buy it on a shelve if they saw that)
London 💋.
Normal, IL
I️ love this exfoliant! I️t gives a good clean along with the scrub. I️t isn’t overly hard to get off which is a huge plus for me. I️ hate exfoliating my face thinking I️ got all the little beads off only to discover some in a crease on my face. 🙄 I️ definitely plan to buy more! Soon actually 😭 I’m running low.
Matt R.
Cape May Ch, NJ
This brand’s African black soap line is a miracle worker, I mainly use their bar soap though. This particular product doesn’t do it for me as much as the actual soap. The smell is a bit off putting and I’ve noticed it leaves a strange residue after. The exfoliating element in it is really nice though.
Kendelle P.
Alton , IL
This product has a really nice consistency. The scrub is smooth and not jagged beads which is something that is super important to me. The smell is not noticeable which again is a plus to me. I really like this product and would buy again. Only downfall I have found is it’s almost too soft. Price is great for size of bottle and product!
Naomi V.
Canonsburg
This stuff cleared up my acne and scars so fast. I'd say I saw results after a week or 2 and told my friend she needed it too. She's in love with the product as well. We both struggle with oil faces, so even though this face wash contains a lot of oils, they're not the oils that will clog up your pores. I promise it's a miracle worker.
Cascade W.
Pittsburgh, PA
My skin is sensitive and dry and also tends to break out so it’s very hard to find a product that won’t upset it and actually soothe my skin. But surprisingly this mask helped to calm down my skin and made its soooo sooo soft as well. I used it two times a week and even then it didn’t cause any problems. I definitely recommend :)
Brittany R.
Philadelphia, PA
I first want to start out by saying that I love the shea moisture line. This product is a really great facial scrub. The price point is great and I can find it almost anywhere. My only issue with this facial wash is the smell. Its not my favorite and I'm hoping the company will improve on the smell in the near future.
Ariana E.
Fort Worth, TX
Does anyone use this daily? The product says to use twice a week but I need a facial cleanser this gentle to use daily. If you've used daily what were your results? If not, what would you recommend to use daily instead or on the other days? Also, does anyone use it twice a day?
Felicia T.
I have been looking for a new face wash that helps with oily skin. would this face wash help with that?
Suzanne M.
Macedon, NY
I've been wanting to try this, but I'm curious because it's a scrub is it rough at all? I have super sensitive skin and scrubs usually irritate it a lot.
Makayla T.
Ann Arbor, MI
I see these at my job a lot, but has anyone purchased these? If so are they worth the purchase ?
Tasha B.
How does this product work on combination skin types?