BY SHEAMOISTURE #17 in Skin Treatments

Descriptions:

Natural Homeopathic active ingredients help calm and clear symptoms of eczema and psoriasis while delivering a gentle moisturizing expereince. Naturally soothing certified organic Shea Butter, African Black Soap and other natural ingredients are known to moisturize and comfort skin.

Fucus Vesiculosus Extract - (Tinc) Remedy for eczema, Centella Asiatica Extract - (Tinc) Reduces itching, Melissa Officinalis Extract - (Tinc) Reduces irritation, Aloe Socotrina Extract - (1X) Humectant, , Inactive Ingredients:, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Deionized Water, Stearyl Alcohol (Palm Kernel), Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter*, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, African Black Soap Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Meal, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Vegetable Glycerin, Jojoba Oil, Salicylic Acid, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower and Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Essential Oil Blend.

Usage Instructions:

Smooth over body. Apply to damp skin for moisture retention. Gentle enough for daily use.

• Does this work as a facial moisturizer for winter ? I use...3 Answers
  • Does this work for dry skin?4 Answers
SheaMoisture African Black Soap Eczema Psoriasis Therapy Body Lotion
  • "Sooooo good! Perfect for dry skin, especially right out of the shower and during the winter." in 19 reviews
  • "All my life i suffered from dry flaked skin. I went through so many different brands of body lotions and not one product really impressed me. When i was searching through YouTube and ran into a beauty blogger/vlogger named @dulcecandy87 she reviewed this product (I've been following her YouTube channel for years) and I immediately ran to buy it. I must say this has changed my life completely I've never been so happy and comfortable with my skin before Shea moisture came into my life! The product contains all natural products which is a huge plus! For those who are sensitive. Also its a thick creamy consiantancy BUT it blends beautifully and seeps into the skin pretty quick! after using this for 1 WEEK! I instantly saw results it leaves my skin so hydrated, smooth, moisturized, healthy looking, & gloWY! Most importantly my skin was healed after 1 week Of use and I have eczema like skin! If you have eczema or very dry skin this will change your life! & if you wanna see quicker results use the entire line! Ps. It smells amazing:)" in 11 reviews
Marielle M.
Belleville, NJ
I have eczema and have tried tons of rich lotions from dermatologist recommended (aqua Phone, cetaphil) to Nivea, Aveeno, etc. Even after the lotion is absorbed, my skin always looked super dry. After over 10 years, I finally tried this and have noticed a significant difference in my skin. All of their lotions are fantastic but because of my sensitive skin, I prefer this one because it’s fragrance free and doesn’t irritate my eczema. I highly recommend this is your looking for a heavy moisturizer. Only downfall would be the packaging because the thick consistency is hard to get out of the bottle. Didn’t think it was worth losing a whole star over.
Diane V.
This lotion is around $9.00. My daughter has really bad eczema flair ups and after having this lotion recommended to us I decided to purchase it. The scent is good, lotion is hard to squeeze out of the bottle is comes in and unfortunately this didn't work for her. Her flare ups are the same as before so this didn't work for her at all.
Quincee C.
I really wanted to like this product but it just didn’t do much for me. It smells amazing and is super thick and luscious but I feel like it’d be better in a jar because it’s extremely hard to squeeze out of the bottle. It also didn’t give my skin that amazing moisturized feeling I’m used to. And after a few days it started to actually dry out my skin. Not a high recommendation from me.
Melanie A.
Carpentersvle, IL
After using the African black soap face wash after 5 to 10 minutes I apply a little bit of lotion to moisturize my face since I have oily but dry skin. Love this product it smells really good and helps my acne while moisturizing
stephanie w.
Burlington
This lotion always makes my skin feel luxurious. It is really thick, though, so it can be difficult to get it out of the bottle. I ended up wasting a lot, just because I couldn't get it out.
Hannah D.
I LOVE LOVE THE SMELL OF THIS I just hate the weird film it leaves on my body 😣 seriously if I could have this be a perfume I would be so happy. it just feels like it never sinks in and just leaves a weird coat of product on my hands and I hate the feeling if it sadly.
 I usually purchase this at Walmart or Ulta. Walmart sells this for around $10USD and Ulta for around $12USD; I try to buy in bulk at Ulta when they have Shea Moisture BOGO 50%off and combine that offer with one their fabulous coupons while also racking up my reward points. See what I did there? :-)  Inexpensive compared to some higher end competitors who charge outrageous amounts for a product labeled "natural" but with an ingredient deck of modified fillers, benzoate or urea compounds for preservatives.  This is excellent for face and body. It has as a light not sweet vanilla/oatmeal scent that is not fake or cloying. I read some reviews where some people compare the smell to "Play-Doh" but I do not get that vibe except for the vanilla note which smells artificial and pasty  in "Play-doh." The smell is not feminine; it is just clean and warm. I have used on my eczema and it is soothing and with repeated use helps clear it up. I have used it as my morning facial moisturizer with good results. This is not an oily greasy mess. It absorbs after about 20 minutes when a proper amount is used for your skin demands. I like to mix this with the cover FX drops for my own personal tinted moisturizer. Very soothing for dry itchy skin. I hate the packaging: The lotion is actually a super thick body cream put into a bottle; this really needs to come in a tube. I cut the bottle in half to get the product out and dispenser into a tub. I would knock off a star because the packaging makes no sense. However, I like this so much I couldn’t bear to. This is a fantastic body cream. I have introduced others to this lotion and they have fallen in love. I have a friend who is a 6'5" ginger hockey player and general outdoors-man. He loves this for his hands as they get chapped and cracked. I have purchased time and time again for myself and as gifts for others. This is just a fantastic product at a reasonable price.
Kelsey C.
It’s a bit pricey ($9) but it truly works for my eczema. I get bad flares in a few spots 3-5 times a year and this knocks it out FAST! I’ve been religiously using it every day and it’s been preventing flares as well which I am of course SO thankful for!’
Bridget R.
Toms River, NJ
I love this product it’s nice for dry skin good price depending where you go get it .. very long lasting doesn’t leave that sticky feeling on the skin Pro it helps clear up the skin with out any irritation great for sensitive skin
Brenden N.
Cheverly, MD
I use Shea Moisture everything. Hair, Body, Skin.. I love them. They truly live up to their name, with Moisture. This lotion is the BOMB. A little goes a long way. It’s oily and greasy but in a great way. Definitely fights the ash.
Sammy M.
Does this work for dry skin?
Nisha M.
Does this work as a facial moisturizer for winter ? I use it on my body but wondering if it is too much for the face