BY SHEAMOISTURE #21 in Bar Soap

Descriptions:

SheaMoisture's African Black Soap Eczema & Psoriasis Therapy delivers a gentle, cleansing experience while naturally soothing troubled skin. Specially formulated with certified organic Shea Butter and natural ingredients known to promote healing of skin affected by symptoms of eczema and psoriasis.

Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Palmitic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea Butter), Helianthus Annuus, (Sunflower) Seed Oil (and) Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extracts, Saponified Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Saponified Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Saponified Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Kernel Oil, Cocoa Pod Ash, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Meal, Carbon, Avena Sativa (oat) Kernel Flour, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Edta, Tatresodium Etidronate.

Usage Instructions:

Lather in hands or on a washcloth and wash entire body. Rinse thoroughly. Gentle enough for face and daily use.

• Can this treat psoriasis on the scalp? 2 Answers
  • Is the fragrance in here from the natural essential oils?...1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried using this on their face ? Has anyone wi...2 Answers
SheaMoisture African Black Soap Eczema & Psoriasis Therapy
  • "This soap is hands down the best soap ive ever used!! I have trouble with acne and nothing worked so i gave this soap a try and my face is clear and softer than a baby. The soap smells amazing as well." in 38 reviews
  • "I was diagnosed with severe Eczema last year. It forced me to change all of my body washes and lotions. What I found was much of it had no smell and still caused me to itch. This bar smells great and truly calms my itchy dry skin. I've been using it ever since. It's the best around!" in 24 reviews
  • "This soap is magic but it is dangerous. For some people it's the best stuff in the world. For others it can be the worst thing that ever happened to them. It all depends on skin types and what other products you're using along with it. It's a risk but you'll never know until you try it. You will need: a bottle, soap, knife, water To use: chop the soap into very small pieces . As small as you can possibly get it. I would start out using half the bar depending on how big your container is. I used a biore charcoal face wash container with just a little of the soap still in there. Now once it's all chopped up you want to carefully put it in the bottle. Then pour extremely hot water into it. Work out a good soap to water ratio. You don't want soup but you don't want it too thick. Now it's ready to use. I use it once a day at night. My skin is less dry. DO NOT USE WITH SACYLIC ACID. My skin peeled so much and got so dry when I did that. Moisturize with something gentle and no fragrance. " in 23 reviews
  • "This is the best bar soap for anyone who has dry skin. My son who is almost one has Eczema. His doctor told me just to just a moisturizing body soap which was doing nothing for him. So I did my own research and found this. I've never been so impressed with a bar soap. As soon as I started using this on my sons skin every night. His skin clearness up within 2 weeks. I call this the magic bar because it's worked wonders for my son. He barely has any dry skin/eczema breakouts because of this soap. I'd 100% recommend this to anyone who's having issues with your skin being dry. You will see the difference." in 7 reviews
Tierra W.
Houston , TX
The smell is absolutely to die for! I love it! And the quality of the product itself is great! I've had trouble skin my entire life and the soaps my parents would buy would just dry out my skin and didn't have a nice smell either. Recently, I came across shea moisture hair products and loved the results those provided. Once I found out they sold skin care items, I was on the hunt for the perfect one!

I'm so glad I purchased this! It smells amazing, has exfoliating beads in it, and doesn't dry out my skin like most soaps do! Overall my skin seems much healthier.

I haven't ran out yet and brought this soap about two months ago. I am a shea moisture African black soap body wash user for life!
Leslie W.
Tunkhannock, PA
This is my holy grail soap, particularly for Summer. This past Spring, my hands started breaking out with eczema for the first time ever. This bar soap helped curb the eczema immensely & quickly! I use it all over my body as well. It naturally cleanses incredibly well and leaves no residue behind—my skin feels soft after using this bar in Summer, even without applying lotion afterwards! Also, the bar is larger than average, so it lasts me a long time compared to almost all other retail brands I’ve tried. An awesome deal that truly delivers!
Jennifer S.
Broken Arrow , OK
I just started using SheaMoisture African Black Soap Bar last week so I can't really say how well it works just yet. I can say that it leaves my skin feeling very soft and moisturized. Lately I've had the worst acne, even worse than when I was a teenager. I'm sure it's mostly from my horrible diet and stress and lack of sleep, but I figured I'd give it a try to see if it helps. So far I haven't had any horrible or new breakouts, so it must be doing something to keep this mess under control. I'm excited to see if it works for me.
Lauren K.
Matawan
I got this soap after roomate  used it to clear up her skin. I have keratosis Polaris on my arms so I got it in hopes that it would help to clear it up. After using it for a couple weeks on my arms and my face I noticed that my skin feels so much smoother the bumps are smaller and my arms aren’t as red. The soap makes your skin feel dry when you rinse it off but that feeling goes away in a minute. I recommend this product to so many people And since it’s so cheap I’m going to keep buying it until my skin clears up all the way
Amanda T.
Great for removing dead skin cells and I just love the smell of the banana husks. I am using these during the winter time. It works to keep skin clear. 5 dollars for a bar of soap that last a few weeks. I would recommend this for someone that loves to exfoliate there skin. Can use while shaving. Leaves behind a black bits though so you must be cleaning the area you use it. Shea moisture is where the bar soaps are and I love supporting a village.
Mollie D.
Salina, OK
My husband has a pretty bad excema problem. He has since he was a child. Everything we use that touches his skin has to be mild, no scent, nothing that would irritate it more.
We've tried all kinds of excema products. This bar of soap alone is the main product we've found that makes a difference. My husband actually told me he noticed that it works. It's big for him to tell me when he likes a product or not.
We've repurchased it. It didn't irritate him and seemed to help clear up the excema too. Definitely reccomend.
Asha K.
Niceville, FL
One of my favorites for a while body detox. I do not have any issues when using this soap every day until it runs out. However, it is a black soap body bar, so for some the properties of the black soap could be a bit much. This soap you definitely need to be sure that you follow up with a body moisturizer of some kind to help bring back the moisture balance to your skin. This even works well to cleanse the face, but avoid eye contact!
Erin S.
Cartersville, GA
To say I’m obsessed with SheaMoisture’s Black African soap would be an understatement. This product was recommended to me by a friend about a year ago and I haven’t looked back since. The moisturizing properties of this bar exceeded all of my expectations and has cleared up my dry skin problems and eliminated some of those problem places where I get weird bumps from shaving my legs. It is amazing to me how this product is so powerful yet so natural and calming - it also smells great which is always a bonus!

My only qualm with this bar of soap is that the residue from the product looks kind of terrible in my white shower since the soap is literally blackish brown. However this isn’t actually a huge problem since I always clean my shower and it definitely isn’t a big enough issue to deter me from buying it over and over again.
Whitney S.
Jellico
Love love love this soap! I originally bought this soap for my boyfriend because has eczema on his face and he loves this soap as well. He doesn’t have anymore break outs from eczema when he uses this soap. I use it all over my body and face. I get those weird little bumps on the back of my arms and this soap completely gets rid of it! I love the smell of this soap too! ❤️
ASIA C.
Atlanta, Georgia
Listen, this stuff is magic. I use it all over my body & my face....if I don’t use it I’ll get “backne” like no other & my face looks horrid. It’s strong & you may want to test it out on your skin before using it all over but I will say my skin is sensitive and I don’t have any issues. Just don’t get it in your eyes and you’ll be fine. It works for me so I’d recommend
Jasmine V.
Woodbridge, NJ
Has anyone tried using this on their face ? Has anyone with psoriasis tried using this on their face as well ? I unfortunately have facial psoriasis and I have been trying to look for that one miracle that will actually help me out. 🙌 I Just bought this product but I'm a little worried about trying it out still.
LaLa N.
Morgan Hill, CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I have eczema and I wanted to try this but the reviews tend to lean towards this really not working, anyone have a suggestion on What soap may work??
Michaela K.
Kamela F.
I have psoriasis on my face, mostly in my "t-zone", and also in my chest and back, would this product help all three? And also I have problems with the medicine drying out my face, would this dry it out?
Can this treat psoriasis on the scalp?